FIRE TALON [dagger concept]

So I created a dagger concept with a funny shot pattern. I think it’s pretty interesting, so take a look:

Fire Talon

A dagger of molten lava with the soul and might of Pyyr infused within it. It delivers devastating blows in the form of dragon claws, but no mortal can use it without stopping occasionally.

Tier: UT

Shots: 4 (gap: 5° / total: 15°)

Damage: 40-50 (average: 45 / total: 180)

Range: 5.5 tiles

Rate of Fire: 150%

Speed : Lifetime: 100 : 550 (slow)

Shot Delay: 0.5 sec per 3 rounds

Stat Bonus: +3 SPD

Special Properties: Shot Delay

Fame Bonus: 5%

Feed Power: 800

Drops From: Pyyr the Wicked

The last words of the description are similar to the first words of the Doom Bow’s description.

This dagger introduces a new element to the game – shot delay. This dagger shoots 3 rounds (4 shots each), waits 0.5 seconds, then shoots another 3 rounds, repeating the process.

I honestly don’t know how powerful this dagger would be in-game because Pfiffel’s DPS Calculator doesn’t have any setting for “Shot Delay”, so please leave some feedback for that!

@Fluffegan Based the sprite off of your Magma Stone Dagger. You might see the resemblance. :heart:

Thank you for reading! Please leave criticism (all is welcome)!

I have inspired the famous gamma OwO
I’m afraid that I’m going to have to copystrike it tho >:]

Great idea though!

I don’t like the idea of slow daggers. Daggers are supposed to be fast.

make it armor break then yea

Wait… This speed is 100? As in 100 tiles/second? Considering lifetime is generally measured in miliseconds, we’re talking about a lifetime of .55 seconds which would mean 10 tiles/sec. Either way, it’s not incredibly slow.
Interesting idea. However, does the “delayed” shots originate from the original origin (where you were when you started firing) or the current location. Additionally, would it update the direction? So would it fire in the original direction or in the direction you’re pointing in when it fires the next round. Finally, just in case you didn’t know. four shots with arc gap of 15 degrees each leads to arc gap of 45 degrees from dagger to the left most to dagger to the right most leaving to a larger angle gap total then a dblade therefore leaving you with approximately 1 true range

i honestly don’t understand how these quirky items work just by reading desc, but i do like how the community has so many item ideas

Well, 100 : 550 isn’t really slow. It’s just a bit slower than a Foul.

Armor break? I’m not sure…

Sorry, I don’t understand. Too much for my small human brain.

Yeah.

No, the 15 degrees IS the arc gap from the left-most to the right-most. That’s what I meant by “total”.

Okay. Put this through pfiffel. It’s just a bit broken. If only the first set (of 3) landed, this dagger would be a bit on the low side, having 3.8 range, and out damaging etherite until 26 defence and dirk of cronus until 28 defence. It would still be considered balanced if there weren’t such a massive drop of damage after 26. At the first wave, against a 0 defense target, this weapon would do 1000 more dps on a rouge (so 50% more damage then etherite/dirk) at 0 defence.

HOWEVER, after the second wave, this thing out damages etherite/dirk of cronus up to 48 defence. At 0 defence, this weapon does a whopping 6384 damage, 300% of the damage dealt by either etherite or dirk of cronus. Additionally, at this point, our weapon officially out damages a berserker warrior (with dblade) up to 9 defence.

BUT WAIT, there’s more. There is a third wave after all. The weapon now out damages dirk of cronus and etherite up to 56 defence. At this point, at 0 defence, we’re talking 9576 damage, 450% of the damage dealt by etherite or dirk of cronus. Additionally, it out damages our berserk dblade warrior up to 30 defence.

Now it might not seem to bad. A considerably shorter range in exchange for higher damage for a while. Truthfully, it generally isn’t an issue. However, the issue is just how high the damage gap is. This weapon to good at anything up to 56 defence and can, when equipped on a rouge, out damage beserk dblade warrior (who has 1.37 range) up to 30 defence. Looking at other classes, assassin can use this weapon to out damage berserk warrior dblade up to 40 defence and trickster out damages until 46 defence.

Assuming that the direction of the delayed shots shift with the mouse and the origin of the shots shift with the player, we have a slight issue which is that we have a incredibly broken dagger. The half a second delay fails to balance out the issue because the initial wave already had enough dps by itself to be a valid weapon by itself.

I d o n t l i ke t h e i de a o f s l o w d a g g e rs

I meant armor Pierce but armor break works too

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.