Firewall Issue/Error #2048

I logged on today onto my regular server, and when I tried to enter a realm, it took like 30 seconds to load. The same thing happened when I was entering dungeons. I could still play the game though. I scrolled up in the chat, and in red text it said this:
Socket-Server Security: Error #2048. Please open port 2050 in your firewall and/or router settings and try again
Anyone know how to fix? Thanks

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed.
Make sure your computer clock’s date/year is correct.
Try using a different web browser. If you are not using it, we recommend Google Chrome.
You should also try using a different server. On the game’s title screen you can select your server using the ‘servers’ button.
Firewall software or a router may be blocking the game from the necessary communication. Check your settings and make sure the game is allowed to use the network.
This could be caused by your service provider blocking the game. School networks often block games for example. Checking with your Internet Service Provider or administrator to see if they are blocking access to certain web sites or content.
If possible, try a different computer that uses the same internet connection or the same computer on a different internet connection. This can help narrow down the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.