Fixing Chests - Megathread

Okay, you go kill black dragon on an unmaxed knight. Tell me how it goes.

So how come you guys don’t whine about unmaxed knights not getting loot in O2? Oh wait, maybe it’s because if you bring an unmaxed char to high level content, you might not get loot? So why would you feel entitled to get loot if you bring an unmaxed knight to LoD?

stahp. Melee can probably get just as much damage in on LoD bosses as most other classes if they try. Stop expecting handouts.

have you tried doing black with a melee

This doesn’t really help newer or less experienced players as the 2nd and 3rd bosses have some pretty daunting and complicated phases. The opposite of what you said would work though (remove the chest at 1st). And yes, nobody would drag blobs but wouldn’t it be fun to dodge a horde of monsters that can instakill anyone from the 0/8 priest to the 8/8 knight, compared to just standing in the same spot for the entire fight.

Have you ever tried reading previous posts in this thread?

I have done it on both knight and pally and have had no issues whatsoever, as long as it isn’t laggy.

The point was to reduce the possibility of leeching, not to make the bosses easier.

I’m not saying make the bosses easier, i’m saying implementing this would make the whole thing harder for NEWER players. Also it’s quite hard to leach 3rd (and still quite hard to leech 2nd).

“CAPSLOCK COUNTS AS AN ARGUMENT NOW!!!”

The Shatters are supposed to be an endgame dungeon. By definition, they’re always going to be hard for newer players.

It really isn’t. The only part of the 2nd boss fight that’s more or less impossible to leech through is the rage phase, and most of the time he won’t even live that long. As for 3rd boss, you have a giant safe spot and you can just play Trickster (or Priest, maybe Pally with a good pet, or basically anything if you have a Divine and/or x-walk) and wait for the fight to end on the other side of the hot lava.

cuz unmaxed knights dont live long enough to get loot at o2

Some good ad hominem.

Okay, I just want to put in a few words about the LOD thing as I haven’t read this entire thread yet and only read the OP.

The stigma that “LOD is anti melee” is just utter bullshit. Lod is anti melee classes because melees refuse to even try. Have you ever even tried going in on those bosses? After several runs you can easily get the hang of their attack patterns and know which side of the dragons to be on in order to get damage in at close range.

The other day my friend and I duoed a LOD with just Pally and Warrior with both of us using Acclaim. The people who still say LOD is anti melee have not even attempted to do the dungeon on a melee class and would rather whine about it so they feel justified in leeching in the corner of the boss room.

Well when kabam released then dungeon they stated that they wanted to create a dungeon that won’t get steamrolled by melees. Unless you are from kabam and can confirm that the developer that wrote that post is wrong, you cannot say that lod is anti-melee.

I would link to the post when lod was released but the kabam forums are closed.

You’re saying that assuming Kabam actually knew what they were doing when they were the devs of this game.

They were, though not as much as DECA

Ah, testimonial evidence.

They had to have known else how would rotmg have been as p2w as it is today?

Wow these replies. Unmaxed Knights should still have a chance at loot, what they have right now is acceptable for a dungeon in which they don’t do jack shit on the bosses except Limoz the Piñata. I’m just saying that if you have the balls or the class to get damage in you deserve more, especially that melees have it really easy already.

Melees can get loot in Lods,on any dragon if there was no chest. You most probably just haven’t tried it and got too scared to get near, if you’ve got decent gear and some def pots on you can easily take some shots, it doesn’t do 500 damage per shot. I’ve done damage before on every dragon easily personally

Ah testimonial evidence.

I think what we have right now is ok leechable loot but yes, good for you for being able to hit the dragons on melee and for things like that, you deserve more loot. I can do it with a salju, we need incentives to learn to play as well as to learn to loot.