Fixing Chests - Megathread

cuz unmaxed knights dont live long enough to get loot at o2

Some good ad hominem.

Okay, I just want to put in a few words about the LOD thing as I haven’t read this entire thread yet and only read the OP.

The stigma that “LOD is anti melee” is just utter bullshit. Lod is anti melee classes because melees refuse to even try. Have you ever even tried going in on those bosses? After several runs you can easily get the hang of their attack patterns and know which side of the dragons to be on in order to get damage in at close range.

The other day my friend and I duoed a LOD with just Pally and Warrior with both of us using Acclaim. The people who still say LOD is anti melee have not even attempted to do the dungeon on a melee class and would rather whine about it so they feel justified in leeching in the corner of the boss room.

Well when kabam released then dungeon they stated that they wanted to create a dungeon that won’t get steamrolled by melees. Unless you are from kabam and can confirm that the developer that wrote that post is wrong, you cannot say that lod is anti-melee.

I would link to the post when lod was released but the kabam forums are closed.

You’re saying that assuming Kabam actually knew what they were doing when they were the devs of this game.

They were, though not as much as DECA

Ah, testimonial evidence.

They had to have known else how would rotmg have been as p2w as it is today?

Wow these replies. Unmaxed Knights should still have a chance at loot, what they have right now is acceptable for a dungeon in which they don’t do jack shit on the bosses except Limoz the Piñata. I’m just saying that if you have the balls or the class to get damage in you deserve more, especially that melees have it really easy already.

Melees can get loot in Lods,on any dragon if there was no chest. You most probably just haven’t tried it and got too scared to get near, if you’ve got decent gear and some def pots on you can easily take some shots, it doesn’t do 500 damage per shot. I’ve done damage before on every dragon easily personally

Ah testimonial evidence.

I think what we have right now is ok leechable loot but yes, good for you for being able to hit the dragons on melee and for things like that, you deserve more loot. I can do it with a salju, we need incentives to learn to play as well as to learn to loot.

Make new dunschen and put chest in it, and nothing else. So technically, there is no leeching at all.
Also it’s not a loot chest, but a gulden pot. People will never know!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

What area you talking about? You think it’s illegitimate to talk about your own experiences to say whether or not a dungeon is class balanced?

Maybe you should elaborate on what you are trying to say instead of repeating this phrase.

Yes, it’s actually pretty straightforward to get in some damage as a melee. People have soloed them on melee, and the only real challenge is the healing of the Blue and Green ones, the easiest ones to hit. There are videos on YouTube if you still aren’t convinced.

The purpose of a chest is to ensure that you don’t have to take a specific class into a dungeon to get loot. For example, in LoD, it’s hard to do some dragons on certain melees (supposedly, but i’ve never had any trouble). Since the SB threshhold on chests is so low, basically anyone who attacks the chest gets loot.

If this is the sole purpose, why have a chest at all? Why make me go through the step of attacking anything? Since I can automatically get my SB damage in on any class, you are literally just wasting my time by making me hit a chest. Why not just have everyone that is in the room when the boss dies, regardless of their DPS to the boss or anything, get a chance at a drop? It would be the same as setting the SB damage to 0, kind of like how thessel drops things in a brown bag for everyone, regardless of their SB. This would mean there would be no chest to hit at all, and if you were in the boss room, you get a chance at a drop (a white, a blue, a purple, a cyan, whatever).

TBH they should make the dragons less anti melee before removing chests so people actually go into them instead of being scared shitless like little blue stars to kill the dragon

I mean… I take melees into the dungeon all the time. It’s not that hard. If you have pixie or csword, it’s a breeze.

I’ve got some dblade hits on all 4 bosses but understandably blue stars would be scared shitless to go in on them. It’s too much of a shot flurry. Not interesting enough patterns except for like Red. Black dragon takes a long time cause no incentive for little melees to go in for damage. Rework shot patterns so people go in without treating it like an unstunnable O2. More people doing boss = faster LOD. And then you can remove chest.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.