Fixing the Ghost King

(Please let me know if this doesn’t belong in the Ideas category.)

The Ghost King is flawed as a boss for a few reasons:

1. People trying to get the STs don’t help out with the Ghost Master
  2. It’s easy to troll by taking advantage of the buffing mechanic

Neither of these is good, and we’ve seen DECA do things in the past to try to avoid leeches and trolls. They’ve removed Test Chests, they’ve updated how the Lair of Draconis works, etc, and I think the Ghost King should be next on their hitlist. So, I propose a potential solution to this problem, which should be an obvious one: Move the STs.

We’ve already proven that it works with the Lich. Now the question is, where do they move? Again, I have an answer.

Memento Mori is moved to the Ghost Master
Interregnum is moved to the Large Ghost Archer

And, just like that, people now go after the Ghost Master, and they can’t troll just by buffing the Ghost King! (And somehow I don’t think this has been proposed yet, please tell me if it has.)

Simple and effective
Deca pls fix

Yep, the model of how it was done with Ent and Lich should have been followed for GK, with the rare/unique loot placed on the minions that you only get via buffing, and it’s not too late to put it right. Very simple fix.

It’s been mentioned on here before, GK problems/changes with the ST loot being in the wrong location as quite a recurring issue, but can’t do harm to have it said again.

old topics

2017:

2018:

2019:

etc.

Think this was the first one discussing GK, from 2016 but that was before ST items were placed there, so not completely relevant: Someone looks abandonned there [Ghost King discussion]

Thanks for letting me know! Clearly this is a problem many people have something they want to say about. Though very few people seem to mention the problem of not hunting for the Ghost Master.

Hello hi hello yes um I’m back maybe.

I can’t believe this issue with the ghost king isn’t fixed because for a while I thought buffing the ghost king made the rare loots have higher drop chances. Although maybe that’s just because I only got the special drops when it was buffed.

I would guess that this hasn’t been reported as much as an issue because the buffed version of the boss only ends up with a minor loss of time. Still it would be nice to see at least some sort of motive to buff the boss, similar to how you’re getting more chances for rare loot with ents and liches.

EDIT : sorry for the necrobump, didn’t notice the post was somewhat old.

Technically, buffing gkings increases your chance of getting drake eggs, since large archers can drop blue, purple and yellow eggs (and since I just checked, they may or may not be the only source of blue and yellow eggs?- I think this page is missing some info), while the ghost master can only drop white and purple eggs.

Non-white drake eggs aren’t really in demand though, so moving the STs would be a much better way to motivate buffing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.