Flash Player 18 SE not working (EDIT: Working but slower than browser?)

My current computer I use to play RotMG is a late 2015 macOS Sierra with chrome. Recently, I have tried to switch to Adobe Flash Player, hearing that it reduced lag. However, I noticed that with using the latest Flash Player (version 25), the frames are terrible and it is almost unplayable. I have been reading the forums and have attempted to use version 18, but I receive the language load error. Any help???

EDIT: I’ve gotten flash to work, but the frames are bad (big fluctuation from 30-60) and occasional lag spikes. Any ideas?

EDIT: Turns out chrome has better fps, but turns bad when lots of monsters/players are around (chest/events/gwall/etc.) With flash player, it’s the same slow fps all the time.

the servers are down? read the forums lad

I know the servers are down, but I have only gotten to report this issue as of now. This has been happening since I got my mac a few months ago.

Try opening the game like normal, right click and choose Global Setting, go to the Advanced tab and click Trusted Location Settings. From there press Add, copy/paste the URL you use and press confirm.

Adobe Flash Player is Abusing Me

I was able to get to the Trusted Location Settings, but there was no place to select Add. I got here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlayer/LSM/WS6aa5ec234ff3f285139dc56112e3786b68c-7fea.html

The Add button should be in the bottom left of the Trusted Location Settings window, but I have Flash Player version 24, so it might be different.

I have added Flash Player to my Trusted location Settings, but it still refuses to work. What next?

i have 19_sa and 12 if you want… i use google drive, mega upload, email (probably not sharing this), and dropbox to share

only one of the listed above is good, but i use the rest for convenience with mi newbie friends.

Did you add the flash player itself or the link you use to get the game? Because you were supposed to add the link to the game.
And if that doesn’t work, try actually downloading the swf file by right clicking the current release link and pressing "save link as"
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/using-the-adobe-flash-projector
And add that to trusted locations.

Adobe Flash Player is Abusing Me

Just realised that im still using 11.
Is there really any need to upgrade?

Not really. Remember, people were probably using Beta ver. -20.02 :stuck_out_tongue: when RotMG released.

Besides, I heard or read somewhere older versions run this better than the newer versions do.

The two main reasons to upgrade are security and features. Security is only an issue if you have Flash installed for web browsing: it‘s that version that’s exposed to all the malware out there. If you have an older version just for ROTMG you should be fine.

Features means things Adobe add to Flash with each version. But you only need to upgrade for these if the app uses the new features, and it will normally tell you if you need a new version. Otherwise it’s usually fine to use an older version.

sweet

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.