Flash Projector Low FPS and Low CPU Usage

Alright bois, We got some things to discuss. I’m looking to my fellow tech nerds for some help as I am desperate at this point after researching for hours and not being able to find anything.

My situation:

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 laptop with a dual core i5-7200U and 4 gigs of RAM. I bought this laptop for school, but playing ROTMG during my two hour and three hour layover between classes has become a norm (I also use it at home too even though I have a dank desktop, I can’t figure out why the desktop is only capable of receiving slow internet over both WiFi and ethernet, I typically get 30-50mbps down on every other device but the desktop, where I get at most 3mbps… This is all off topic but I’d appreciated help with that as well lol). Anyways, back to the laptop situation. I’ve been participating in the Court of Oryx event today and as always, there is a bagillion people sitting in the nexus waiting for someone to pop dungeons. I’ve pulled up task manager to see what my usage stats are at while waiting in the nexus for the dungeons to pop and while doing the more intensive things like battling Shaitan or attacking the chest. I seem to be capped at 50-55% CPU usage (GPU usage isn’t a problem as I only reach about 10% overall… Flash is CPU intensive). The max CPU usage I can get overall, albeit with no other significant programs running, is 50-55% while playing realm. I don’t really understand why ROTMG wouldn’t use more of the CPU when I go into a more intensive situation, rather than capping out at 55% and dropping me to 10 FPS. Really the only thing I can think of that would cause this issue would be heat, but I listen for my CPU fan to kick on when I’m playing realm and it isn’t running at maximum speed (it can run at maximum speed as I’ve heard it before), making me think temperature isn’t an issue. Don’t say my RAM, GPU, or hard drive (I have an SSD so transfer rate isn’t a problem) are bottle necking because I’m nowhere near maxed out when my frames drop.

Before you say it: Yes, I have changed all power settings to maximum performance. I have also turned down all graphics settings in ROTMG itself (including changing the quality to low). Yes, I changed the priority to High and Realtime, doing either yielded slight improvements during normal play, but not for intensive situations.

My last ditch resort was to download Razer Cortex as I read somewhere it would help, but no luck with it so far. Anyways bois, plz help lelxd.

Took this screenshot and you can see that my temps aren’t anything out of the ordinary and my CPU usage (as well as other usages) are moderate, while my FPS is horrible.

Get a proper PC, using one that you bought for school isn’t going to be any good because school networks are still not the fastest anyway.

Didn’t I say in the post that I have a dank PC? Yes I did, and I also explained why I can’t use it. I didn’t post this for you to indirectly tell me that you don’t know what the problem is or for you to give irrelevant uninformed opinions, which you’ve done both of.

Good for you :+1:t5:

That dungeon is the worst for performance of any, at least in my experience. Even with small groups it can be laggy, with large groups it can be impossibly so. I avoid it now as I inevitably end up dying or nexusing from it.

Try Flash 18 https://www.datafilehost.com/d/837303d7.

And for me it’s normal to get 10-20 frames for reefs in big groups. Usually get 50 with same amount of people.

It isn’t isolated to the Reef, I have the same issue in any dungeon or instance where there is 50+ people. I do agree with you though, but STs have been dropping like hotcakes for me and I can’t help myself lmao.

Yeah, it’s normal for me too and that’s what I’m trying to change lol

In that case I’d like to know too, if it’s possible to improve. My cpu also runs at less than 50% (if I’m not recording) but I don’t know the relationship between usage and frames.

flash only uses one core so…

My experience with i5 cores is that they will cap the usage of flash to about 50%. I’ve played on multiple computers with the same setup and the same thing happens.

Sorry man, dual core i5 and 4 gigs of DDR3 is far from dank in 2018.

If you’ve got cash to drop and you want a laptop for gaming I reccomend a Helios Predator 300. Quad core i7, GEForce 1060, 1960x1080 resolution, 16 gigs of DDR4 (twice as fast as DDR3) and really good fans for the price. (mine max at 6,500 RPM)

Downside is the color spectrum on the screen is lackluster and it isn’t the brightest screen i’ve seen before. Also looks like a typical edgy 14 year old’s alienware, but the contents are what’s important right?

Bottom of the screenshot right next to the Task Manager usage stats you can see how much of each core is being utilized. None are even close to 100% :confused:

Edit: You can see thread utilization there, not core utilization. But either way, the logic still persists.

Buddy, I said in my post that I have a dank PC separate from my laptop. I know this laptop isn’t that good and that’s the reason I even need to be here asking for help.

Do you have any idea why flash would be capped to ~50%? Just seems ridiculous, but, as my grandma used to say, “You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit,” lol. I’m not giving up though, there’s still hope!

oh my apologies, i thought i looked through the post thoroughly enough but i guess i missed it😅

I’m not a tech wizard but to my understanding [quote=“Septagram, post:10, topic:37403”]
flash only uses one core
[/quote]
and it doesn’t seem like enabling multicore processing is an option anywhere in the game. My guess is that you just need a powerful CPU that can handle realm with one core.

That’s alright, the info about my desktop was in parentheses so I can see how you missed it! I read Septagram’s post but the issue with that train of thought is that you can see thread utilization in the screenshot (right next to the Task Manager window) and none of them are even close to 100% (a single core can’t be at 100% utilization if its two threads aren’t each being utilized 100%).

maybe put flash on high priority in task manager

Get a job, and buy a new computer.

I always set it as realtime priority, thanks for the suggestion though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.