Flesh Banner Shield (UT Shield Concept)

Haven’t posted a sprite in one month. Haven’t drawn anything in around one and a half. I was afraid I lost my artistic skills, but I do have to admit: I sorta like this one.

Flesh Banner Shield

New%20Piskel%20(36) New%20Piskel%20(36)%20(1)

Sprite 1.0 (left), Sprite 2.0 (right) – left both of them up for your opinions

A cold bloodstone shield decorated with a terrifying slab of unknown flesh. Unlike a normal shield that passes through enemies, this horrid piece of work unleashes its entire lust on one soul.

Tier: UT

MP Cost: 140

Shots: 1

Damage: 900-1050 (average: 975)

Range: 4

Effect: Slow to enemies (4 sec), Daze to self (2 sec)

• Shots DO NOT pierce through enemies

• Shots DO NOT go through obstacles

Stat Bonuses: +4 DEF, +4 ATT, -8 VIT

Drops From: Nightmare Colony

I tried to go for something unique and strayed away from the normal Knight gameplay of perma-stun. I feel like this could be a great way to enhance Knight damage at the cost of a way higher mana cost. I chose the Slow effect because I feel like the Knight should have a more variety of support (not just stun stun stun lel xd). The only other Shield that gives Slow is the Shield of Flowing Clarity…which no one talks about (also doesn’t deserve to be talked about).

Those of you who have stuck with my work for a while already know that I suck at game mechanics. The entire thing is probably unbalanced as hell. But hey, I tried (and that’s what matters – I deserve a participation award).

I also know that the Nightmare Colony already drops 3 UT abilities. Just go with it. Don’t be annoying. This won’t make it all the way to the game, anyway. xD

Feedback appreciated (as always), and have a great day! :heart:

– Gamma :v:

It really looks grotesque, great job with that, but to me it kind of looks like a chestplate. Maybe make the bottom part less wide?

But if I do that, it’s gonna look like this:

I meant make it taper in a straight edge like a shield image

Or make it irregular in shape so it actually looks like a slab of meat

Ah, I see what you mean.

I resprited it and posted it up next to the original. Not sure if I made it any better, but I’ll leave the community for that decision!

Thank you for the input. :+1:

oof epic. Still looks a little like a chest plate, maybe add the gray border to the bottom too. i dunno

I’m gonna…discreetly bump this…and put it in the proper Items category…

Don’t mind me.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.