Forge materials should be stored after dismantling

Just a random QoL update for forging (maybe OP or really bad). Basically, you can dismantle 1 UT for its material and can be stored (the dismantled UT of course, will get poofed). The amount of materials are shown right next to the forgefire counter. If you want to dismantle high grade UT for low grade counterpart, only Common (and Rare material if forging grade A-C UTs) will be consumed, not the legendary materials.

Let’s say, dismantle 2 S(S) UTs for a Resu. Dismantle those 2 items gives us 90 common, 80 Rare and 30 Legendary. Upon crafting it, it will only consume 90 commons and 45 rare, not the entire 90/80/30. The 35 Rare and 30 Legendaries will be unscathed during the process and will be stored for future crafting (and again, those 2 S(S) UTs will be gone).

I am aware of what the Wiki said: " Materials cannot be extracted from the item they are a part of; they are a part of the item itself and cannot exist on their own. Because of this, unused materials are not saved nor stored between forges."

This is just to tackle this issue (mainly): You can’t dismantle low grade UT for high grade UT but in vice versa. In that short clip, a whopping 195 Legendary materials were wasted just to craft a Planewalker.
POV: You main Rogue : RotMG (reddit.com)

It also give players options to forge lower grade UTs from higher counterparts without wasting Legendary materials.

IDK, share ya opinions?

In some videos I’ve seen people use like 4 lumiare for snake eye ring, they do it for the meme.

IK, but the problem is, that’s 60 legendary materials wasted.

Yeah they know that, that’s why they do it

Lose your soul while farming for 4 UTs that you’ll waste, for the meme? Is that a deity I don’t know, to have that much power over internauts?

I don’t know man, Forge already answered many of my prayers, so its not that bad for me. My only problem is that i cant forge uts that need legendary materials, but i think its fair for now.

Forge isn’t good. Being able to get rarer items, especially UT without having to work for them in general is terrible idea and a nice way to kill the game. This game doesn’t need item forge

half agree with you, half don’t - but im probably the wrong person to talk on this. I don’t even get a crumb of dopamine when I get items, if I’m gonna be honest…

I’m gonna stop you right there. You have to do the work to get multiple items to use to forge it and you have to get the blueprint, which both are no easy tasks.

Agree 100% rare UT items has lost its identity now, u cant tell if the UT item has been forged or dropped legit. They are even selling UT bp now like wtf. u can now buy UT’s pretty much. Dont come to me with that ‘‘oh u have to get the bp from a drop’’ then whats the point of having item forging in the first place if u need to get it the dropped. Some guy got an ogmur bp from a mountain temple. like what

Um how??? RN, only Lord of the Lost Land drops Oggy BP.

Show proof. I don’t believe that for 1 second.

I just pretend they don’t exist then.

I track whites that I forged and from the actual boss.

For example, my Jugg tracking is 0 Herm/1 Sphinx (died with it)/ 0 Keyper / 1 Forge.

Or my Fallen Wand: 0 Daichi/0 Quest Chest/ 2 Forge (-2)

I should mention that Forge is a double-edged sword. For me, it allows me to try out white bag UTs and see if it is worth to grind it for. After I tried out forged Fallen and Devastation Scepter, I always wanted to get them from actual bosses. No luck for Fallen from Daichi so far but was lucky enouf to get an actual Scepter from NColony itself.

It does help players who have bad RNG. I heard some players said they have really bad RNG for somefing they want, like 400 UDLs for someone to get their very 1st DBow or even 1,000 + Void and still no Omni.

Forge for some players like you believe it killed the game, making the loot acquisition way easier and I know couple dudes within this forum pretend the Blacksmith within the Vault is just, a cosmetic thing.

Also in Reddit, I saw a dude complained that they don’t feel the excitement when they forged Omni compared to getting it from VEntity himself or from Quest Chest.

And plus, that discussion should be in elsewhere, not here. This page is just for making a QoL suggestion for Forge, not making it easier or harder.

Forge: the best worst feature in the game

my bad it was a divinity sword, still an endgame item

getting bp isnt that hard, only event bp would be considered hard/rare to get, everything else is easy to get, also u can buy event bp like kageboshi and raykatana in shop. And u can pretty much buy legendary shards wich would be considered hard to get since u need legendary items, but now u can buy it from shop wich is really stupid imo. Deca is becoming more and more like Kabam wich is worrying me, Dont get me wrong, deca has done a tremendous amount for this game. But they are doing things kabam did that will hurt the game.

Bottom of the Nexus as well.

I noticed that too. But I can just pretend selling does not exist.

Wait you actually believe that? Divinity blueprint only drops from oryx 3, buddy. Hate to break it to you.

Link for Gleff’s comment?

I think it’s before the Forge gets nerfed?

No, definitely still after. That comment was a joke.