Forge: the best worst feature in the game

So… the forge… ive heard some mixed opinions on it, but here is mine. In my opinion, the forge is both bad and good. the good part is that people have to grind less for the items you want, but, in turn, items like the beer god whites are now common, making there be no reason to keep them as they are no longer the epidemy of rarity. these are now basically useless items, as they were bad and people only kept them cuz of their extreme rarity. that’s why items like beer whites shouldn’t be forgeable. heres my list of items that i think shouldnt be able to be forged: Beer god whites (both), machine whites, kageboshi + ray, pls feedback

This:

? wdym? what does this hav to do with my post?

That post I made is about my thought of Forge, similar to yours.

ahh, but you were describing an idea for forge. i am talking about normal vanilla forge

I like it. No bias because I did not get a jugg blueprint as soon as the update got out.

I agree to an extent. I think that you should still be able to forge any white, but the cost should vary more depending on both rarity and difficulty.

I said this before about the forge: “…I like literally feel NO incentive AT ALL to farm court dungeons. You have to clear realm, wait 2 minutes for castle, and then kill Janus and skip oryx just to do a SINGLE DUNGEON. Before I subjected myself to this nonsense to try and get the cnidaria rod, but now I can just craft it with 3 whites from any easily farmable dungeon. I have no incentive to try and get it as a drop, it is more efficient to just run other dungeons and forge it. UT forge should be used when you have bad RNG, it shouldn’t be a more efficient way of grinding whites for other dungeons”

There needs to be more tiers or materials specific to a set of dungeons IMO. When I first thought about item forge I was thinking that certain dungeons/items would have different types of materials, like demonic for abyss of demons and shaitans, ghastly for UDL/Davy’s, crystal for crystal cavern/crystal, etc. That way you would still have to get some relevant items to trade for what you want. Having just 3 types of materials is too broad imo, and some items require marks but it doesn’t really feel like much of a barrier at all. (Now, don’t get me wrong, I do NOT want the forge to be even more of a grind).

There’s always going to be a negative and positive to new things and change itself. We either enjoy it, deal with it, or just hate it.

I know players are getting annoyed that their “white bag euphoria” isn’t the same but it was annoying grinding hours of my life for something that actually probably never dropped for some players over the years and then of course you can die with it in minutes.

Then there’s this mission on getting the blueprint ASAP and now white bags are forge fodder as they will drop in the next dungeon or the good old 100 or more dungeons. As @Imivan said, I too would not want to do court dungeons but because I suck in general unless it’s for Tenne as that’s simple.

There’s this Post where people are happy they don’t have to painfully farm parasites and other dungeons for the UTs. Sorc/Wiz lovers probably did the recent para event just for stacks of marks.

But the ‘before’ was frankly broken for many players. I’ve given up doing Reef and Shaitans, as the chances come up so rarely. No-one does them from Court, and even when one is e.g. popped in Nexus I find myself nexusing more often than not, due to lag/low FPS due to number of players often (with Reef’s filter effect making it especially bad).

Those two I want to do as I have two sets 3/4 complete, with the 4th items dropping from one of each. But assuming the drop rate is similar to other STs I would need to do hundreds of each dungeon to have a chance, and that’s not going to happen with them in their current state.

At least with event whites they’re rare but you might get a dozen chances at each during a few hours play, and the events are popular so you are not forced to solo them. Dungeons that drop from events are popular, so you normally get a group for the Nest, LOD, Fungal etc.

they 100% should have made another color material for rare or seasonal event items, it’s kind of sad that the beer god whites don’t feel like they hold value anymore.

it’s really funny people can just sit on their discord feeding tube like the fat people in wall-e and now don’t even have to see the outside realm to collect the different whites they need for their characters. but like they could pretty much do that anyways so honestly no critique to this feature.
personally i collect ST sets so the forge doesn’t alleviate much, other than being able to scrap together a planeswalker every time my rogue dies so the class isn’t tickle torture to play.

realistically even if the whites are easy to get the blueprints are pretty annoying to find, and you have to craft the item every time you want it and then you need forgefire it’s an annoying A->B and doesn’t work when you need to make multiple items. it’s a lot more fun to just do the different dungeons for the whites you need and look at whatever you forge as a monthly bonus. it’s not impactful enough to cause a great disparage to the collective experience

ok, so a proposed change: have all non-o3 blups unlocked from the start and save blups for o3. make another tier for stuff like beer whites and jugg + omni + ogmur + divinity (Godly Tier) which would allow them to be crafted into 2 Legendary whites, and be craftable only by using other Godly items.

I mean, it is a choice after all.

I don’t mean to be a stick in the mud, but if you feel bad for forging something like an Omni, then just dont.

I use the forge primarily to get cheap weapons I dont wanna farm for (Dblade, Cutter, Dbow, etc).

If I want something rare, I’ll go out and get it myself.

I do Reefs from the Court :<
Though, primarily for that cute skin…

Also, @ OP: please note that replying to the thread itself will not notify other users; instead, reply directly to their post to show who you are replying to, specifically.

i literally tried to use your screenshot of the reply button for 5 minutes straight xd

It is perceived value that is affected by rarity, not the usability.

They were a status item for awhile, but after the return of beer god it was already gone. I’m okay with the very few that had it dropped as a valuable item - only because of its rarity btw - left crying if that means we all get a chance to enjoy the said white bag items.

Wait we can forge machine whites now?

That would absolutely go against the concept in place. Trading made it so players who really enjoyed running middle game dungeons be rewarded to trade away their unused rainbows for life pots that people who are used to run endgame dungeons do not need.

Too much people running endgame and not enough middlegame? Some peeps will seize the opportunity to make some quick lifes from few rainbows. Too much people on middlegame? People go to endgame to get those pricey lifes.

See, there’s already a hierachy of players supported by the trading system since beginning, and forge now supplements each level of this ladder with every UTs.

Moreover, there is already a distinction between middlegame UTs and endgame UTs, which is the legendary materials. Dont think we need others

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.