[Forum Game] Paste whatever's on your clipboard!

man this is usually the time where i say canada is better because its safer, but honestly thats not even true anymore. Toronto gets so many shootings now totally not from refugees and such

One shooting was like 1 block away from where my sister was.

probably copied it because my internet died and i didnt post it yet

DoNdE eStA eL bAƱO???

En el burrito.

xrdtcfyvgt

Ā©

MIDTERM 2 REVIEW GUIDE: FALL 2018

The exam should take less than 1 hour to complete, but you will have approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes during our usual class time.

Beginning on page 2 of this document, you will find a list of topics and relevant reading for the midterm.

On page 3, you will find the focus questions for the lecture material.

The exam will consist of 43 Multiple Choice items, worth 1 point each and two written questions, worth a total of 8 points. These will mostly be fill-in-the-blanks but you will be required to provide a couple of one to two sentence explanations/examples as well.

One written question will ask about parenting and how it relates to identity formation in adolescence.

One written question will ask about either Classical or Operant Conditioning . Make sure you remember all of the key terms associated with the main learning procedures in each of these and try to come up with examples of how you might be able to train particular behaviours.

The Multiple-Choice portion of your exam will consist of 42 questions, each with 4 possible answers (some items may have 5 options). This guide provides an aid for studying lecture content and a breakdown of the number of MC questions from each topic.

Note that I do not provide a guide for studying the textbook material, as you can create this yourself using the hierarchical structure of the book and the bold and italicized terms. For the textbook, you should be focusing on definitions of key terms and the main ideas in each section. Donā€™t forget that sections of the textbook that include material not discussed in class are TESTABLE as this is a major component of what you are meant to learn in this class. Use your quiz questions to help you study the textbook content.

Topic Number of questions Reading assignment
Developmental Psychology 16 Chapter 11

pgs 413-442 but skip Physical Development|
|Cognitive Psychology (knowledge acquisition)|12|No assigned reading|
|Cognitive Psychology

(memory)|17|Chapter 9
full chapter|

DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY

From the lecture Dev. Psych. 1:

• What are the three perspectives on development and how do they differ?
  • Understand the nature/nurture debate and the traditional perspectives on these.
  • What is the Doctrine of Interactionism?
  • Know the definition of cognitive development.
  • What processes does Piaget identify as important in leading to cognitive development?
  • Know Piagetā€™s stages of development and the milestones that children need to achieve to move to the next stage. What do we know about many of these milestones now?
  • How has research changed our understanding of cognitive development post-Piaget?
    • What do we now know about probability that Piaget didnā€™t know? How have researchers tested that?
  • What are some of the different types of experiments that we can do with infants?
  • What is Theory of Mind?
  • Can you explain how we know that children transition from reasoning about minds first based on desires and then based on beliefs (i.e., describe the experiments)?
  • What is a false belief and when do children start to realize that they exist? What is the ā€œSally-Anneā€ task and what is the ā€œFalse contentsā€ task?

From the lecture Dev. Psych. 2

• How did researchers classically assess attachment? How is attachment research changing?
  • What are the different forms of attachment?
  • Why is it becoming more common for fathers to stay at home? How do fathers who choose to do this feel about it?
  • Remember the styles of parenting and where they fall on the Demandingness/Responsiveness continua.
    • With what outcomes (in terms of the childā€™s characteristics) are these styles typically associated?
  • What recent changes in parenting have led to new issues in the transition to adolescence?
  • Know how adolescents form their identities. What are the four identity statuses?
  • What is ā€œemerging adulthoodā€ and why have people decided that this needs to be included as a new, distinct developmental stage?
  • What did you learn from Megan Jayā€™s TED talk? What were the three pieces of advice she wanted every ā€œ20-somethingā€ to hear?

COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY (KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION):

From the lecture:

• What is Behaviourism?

• Know the similarities and differences between classical conditioning and operant conditioning and all of the terminology associated with each.

• How was CC discovered? How was operant conditioning first studied?
    • Who were the major players (e.g., can you place Pavlov, Thorndike and Skinner)?
    • How do reinforcement schedules work and what kinds of behaviours do they result in?
  • How do taste/food preferences and selection come to be? How are they related to CC ā€“ think of the rats/thiamine example.

• How is drug tolerance related to classical conditioning?

• What is Cognitive Psychology and what preceded it? How did it emerge?

• What separates cognitive theories of learning from classical and operant conditioning theories?

• How does observational learning work?

• How is human observational learning different from observational learning in other animals?

• How do students learn?

• What is the function of explanation in learning?

• What are the two types of logical reasoning we talked about? How do they differ?

• Explain why the Wason Selection task results provide evidence for pragmatic reasoning theory.

• How do the inductive reasoning problems illustrate confirmation bias?

• Know the idea behind analytic and heuristic processing and how Representativeness, Availability and Anchoring and Adjustment Heuristics work.

• What is a mental set and how do these influence problem solving?

• What is functional fixedness?

• What are some good strategies for solving problems?

COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY: MEMORY

From the lecture:

• What is the Modal Model of the Mind?
    • What are the different memory stores? What are the control processes?
  • Know the function, capacity and duration of all three memory stores.
  • Understand how Sperling tested Sensory memory.
  • What are the two types of Sensory memory?
  • What is the role of attention and pre-attentive processing? Give examples of selective viewing and selective listening.
  • What are the components of working memory and what does each component do?
  • Think about the different memory demonstrations that we did. What phenomena of memory do each illustrate?
  • What is a savant? How did the man in the case study (Daniel Tannet) come to have his particular abilities? Be able to describe the main points of that case study.
  • Why do we forget?
    • Identify retrieval failures, encoding failures, and explain the Forgetting Curve
  • Know the main points of the case study of E.P. from the video. What kind of amnesia does he have (retrograde or anterograde)?
  • Explain retroactive and proactive interference on both short and longer time scales. Can you explain them in terms of long-term memory and working memory and in terms of primacy and recency effects for recall tasks?

https://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/586719?terms=ares&sType=quick

"Bookmarkable URL Intermediate Page." EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page. Accessed November 12, 2018. http://web.b.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail/detail?vid=13&sid=18803a69-3233-4cb4-9493-be611d56539a%40sessionmgr101&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3D%3D#AN=112254229&db=mih.

xopt3=np.zeros(100)
for i in range(100):
xopt3[i]=1
fxopt3=fun_5(xopt3)
x3=gradientdescent_armijo(fun_5, fun_6, start3, 0.001, 0.0001, 0.3, 200, 40)[1]
for i in range(len(x3)):
x3[i]=np.linalg.norm(x3[i]-xopt3)
fx3=gradientdescent_armijo(fun_5, fun_6, start3, 0.001, 0.0001, 0.3, 200, 40)[2]
for i in range(len(fx3)):
fx3[i]=np.linalg.norm(fx3[i]-fxopt3)
r3=np.arange(0,len(fx3),1)
#print(r3)
plt.plot(r3,fx3,ā€™.bā€™)
plt.plot(r3,x3,ā€™.rā€™)
plt.show()

xopt2=np.array([1,1])
fxopt2=fun_3(xopt2)
x2=gradientdescent_armijo(fun_3, fun_4, start2, 0.001, 0.00001, 0.3, 200, 40)[1]
for i in range(len(x2)):
x2[i]=np.linalg.norm(x2[i]-xopt2)
fx2=gradientdescent_armijo(fun_3, fun_4, start2, 0.001, 0.00001, 0.3, 200, 40)[2]
for i in range(len(fx2)):
fx2[i]=np.linalg.norm(fx2[i]-fxopt2)
r2=np.arange(0,len(fx2),1)
#print(r3)
plt.plot(r2,fx2,ā€™.bā€™)
plt.plot(r2,x2,ā€™.rā€™)
plt.show()

xopt1=np.array([0])
fxopt1=0
x1=gradientdescent_armijo(fun_1, fun_2, start1, 0.001, 0.00001, 0.3, 200, 40)[1]
for i in range(len(x1)):
x1[i]=np.linalg.norm(x1[i]-xopt1)
fx1=gradientdescent_armijo(fun_1, fun_2, start1, 0.001, 0.00001, 0.3, 200, 40)[2]
for i in range(len(fx1)):
fx1[i]=np.linalg.norm(fx1[i]-fxopt1)
r1=np.arange(0,len(fx1),1)
#print(r3)
plt.plot(r1,fx1,ā€™.bā€™)
plt.plot(r1,x1,ā€™.rā€™)
plt.show()

ekklesia

there is something there, you have to quote to see it. Have no idea what that is though

Iā€™m just a bill.
Yes, Iā€™m only a bill.
And Iā€™m sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, itā€™s a long, long journey
To the capital city.
Itā€™s a long, long wait
While Iā€™m sitting in committee,
But I know Iā€™ll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I am still just a bill.

Iā€™m just a bill
Yes Iā€™m only a bill,
And I got as far as Capitol Hill.
Well, now Iā€™m stuck in committee
And Iā€™ll sit here and wait
While a few key Congressmen discuss and debate
Whether they should let me be a law.
How I hope and pray that they will,

Iā€™m just a bill
Yes, Iā€™m only a bill
And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill
Well, then Iā€™m off to the White House
Where Iā€™ll wait in a line
With a lot of other bills
For the president to sign
And if he signs me, then Iā€™ll be a law.
How I hope and pray that he will,

we <3 deca potatoes

He was flying one morning then he found it. A massive building of size with everything he had ever dreamed of, there were humans the and also there were computers and a lot of other technology he had never seen before. This must be heaven he thought. Levi! Wake up! (Ross says this) He groans as his eyes start to open. Youā€™re going to be late for breakfast hurry up! (Bob says this) You know what they say, ā€œearly bird gets the worm.ā€ But youā€™re always LATE. (Jeff says mockingly) Okay, okay Iā€™ll get going, but the dream I hadā€¦ There were humans and technology and they were letting me use it! It was pretty cool, I do not see why you are against going to the ā€œSchoolā€. (Levi) I have warned you time and time again the School is dangerous, I really do not see why you keep on insisting on going to that death hole! (Jeff) Letā€™s get going with the pace you are going at the berries will go bad before we even get there. (Jeff) The four of them flew high above the mountainous tree-tops, the scent of fall was in the air. As they flew by leave fluttered down to the grown, but in the distance something new appeared, a white tower with a green and blue logo at its top. The trio were talking together about who was going to get the first berry. Leviā€™s mind wandered. This must be the ā€œSchoolā€ the Jeff was talking about. Levi started to wonder what the humans there were doing? Were they eating breakfast like us or were they doing- Levi was pulled from this train of thought as he saw the others had descended and were about to start eating. He figured that if they were going to eat all the berries, he was going to find an ant to eat instead. He started his decent as he saw unleveled dirt with brown dots walking on it. Levi dove down and scooped up some ants with his beak. He would take ants over berries any day. Levi heard a call from the distance, ā€œLevi! Where are you?ā€ (Bob, Ross) Donā€™t tell me he went after that school! (Jeff) Swiftly Levi flies over to the sound he hears to find his friends searching for him. ā€œIā€™m right here!ā€ (Levi) The other birds look up with relief in their eyes. ā€œLetā€™s get home before noon okay? We can talk about what you just did later.ā€ (Ross) They flew back in silence, the only sound to be heard was the wind rustling their feathers. This time when he looked to where he first saw the school. Instead of the structure that was they before he was greeted by mountains. Finally, they arrived at their nest and Jeff was the first to speak. ā€œLevi, let me tell you a story about my mother. She was curios just like you, she dreamt of going to that wretched school. Without anyone to stop her she left without a word to go visit the school. Once she got there the humans pulled out a stick and shot her. The caught her when she fell and put her inside a metal cage. I never saw from her again after that incident. Levi took a long sip of cold water, refreshing his mind making it easier to process the devastating information. Night came like a sheet quickly putting the sun to rest. Jeffā€™s story kept sounding again and again in his head like church bells ringing, if thatā€™s what they do to birds at the school, he would never go there. The sun rose with pride, the day being hotter than most. They flew in silence again today, the message that Jeff told them still resonating. Levi saw the school in the distance again, his pace slowing down. That same curiosity sparked again with a flame of vengeance behind it. He slowed unit the other birds in the group were long gone. Leviā€™s head directed toward the school started flying toward it. The with tower in the distance slowly became bigger, some black but mostly white, some of the building had seemed like it was newly built

dunno why this was here

black

https://archiveofourown.org/works/16346795/chapters/38247101

My moirail told me to read this.