[Forum Game] Paste whatever's on your clipboard!

Well done you! Thank you so much for playing Marie’s Room

An easter egg found when you scan a QR code inside that game. It’s a short story-telling game I found while looking for some variety.

instance Functor (Either a) where  
    fmap f (Right x) = Right (f x)  
    fmap f (Left x) = Left x

Welp I forgot and I already got rid of it, we’ll never know.

http://pokepast.es/b95ac5ab08c9aa61

got back into mons like 2 days ago and built a new ou team

30 PM

Here’s some animated gifs you can use

sleep 1000

“Orgo II exam”

ayif i7wgfukdsavfydsgf uabsfy b

>What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.<

Reee.

semi-nsfw

Phrygian cap - Wikipedia

r/roguelikes
Visit Old Reddit
Reddit Feeds

popular
all

r/roguelikes
Posted byu/macbigicekeys
4 months ago
Rogue-like MMORPG?

I’ve played Dwarf Fortress, Caves of Qud, a bit of Cataclysm: DDA, and touched into many other Rogue-likes. I’ve probably not put more than 50 hours into any single title. I was cooking dinner last night, and I wondered why there isn’t an MMORPG or at least a server style game like this with a persistent world or even world refreshes as the server desired. It also occurred to me that this may already be a thing, and I’m just ignorant to it. If it is a thing, suggestions. If it is not a thing, then why not? I know these games are pretty complex. Is it just too much data and calculations to be tossing around for a multi-user environment? I played MUD (Multi-user Domains) back in the 90’s, but those felt more like text-version first-person POV dungeon crawlers to me. I’m asking about something more like the look and feel of the games I listed above. Interested to hear responses, and I figured this would be the place to post. Thanks!

Also contact me at Twitter: @Macbigicekeys
YouTube: https://goo.gl/7dqS3i
15 comments
100% Upvoted
What are your thoughts? Log in or Sign up
Sort by
best
Kyzrati
Cogmind Dev5 points·
4 months ago
·edited 4 months ago

TomeNET is probably the closest thing to what you’re looking for.

(edit: typos xD)
macbigicekeys
2 points·
4 months ago
·edited 4 months ago

Also going to check this out. Thanks. That is exactly what I was talking about. Aside from the auto-attack and the slow movement it was pretty cool. I see there is a lot of depth there. The slow movement just made it a little intolerable for me. Too bad more people aren’t into this style of game.
-RedditPoster
4 points·
4 months ago
·edited 4 months ago

Probably dead by now, but check out http://play.isleward.com/

Pretty fun.

EDIT: Still active apparently - https://www.reddit.com/r/isleward/

Discord is pretty lively, lots of talk of more development. #42 on “most starred project” on gitlab. Oh boy.
macbigicekeys
1 point·
4 months ago

I popped in to the browser, and it looks pretty cool except a bit slow. Going to try the client. Thanks, man. I had no idea.
-RedditPoster
1 point·
4 months ago

Haven’t played in ages, tried it out again just now, plays pretty fine on the itch.io site (https://bigbadwaffle.itch.io/isleward).

Mind that since this is a MMO it has to use a tick system. One action per X time frame. When you mash the movement keys, you can see the highlighted path your character is going to take over the next ticks.

Obvious for some, but I saw many people trip over this wondering what was going on. I remember the developer tweaking the tick time to accomodate most people back then :slight_smile:

If you’re looking for another browser game, there’s a bloody amazing idle game called Idle Land - http://idle.land/

It’s 99% idle. Your dumbass character just runs around in circles until he eventually gets someplace. As you level up, you unlock more and more things like pets, behaviour modifiers etc., and with the Drunk trait & a script you can manipulate your character to go someplace specific (although that can still take ages.)

Strangely addicting. Also infuriating.
macbigicekeys
1 point·
4 months ago

It took me a minute to figure that out. I got used to it once I was on the client after a while. I’ve never really tried idle games, but I’ll take a look at Idle Land.
Dtallant
2 points·
4 months ago

Elona! Literally a full fledged single player MMO roguelike- it’s weird but it’s also hella fun
macbigicekeys
1 point·
4 months ago

Interesting that you can see player’s deaths online, but I was thinking something more along the lines of player interaction. Thanks, though. I’m always interested in learning about new games I’ve never heard of.
mainichi
2 points·
4 months ago

http://euotopia.com

Combines early Ultimas with roguelike mode (also has non-roguelike)
macbigicekeys
1 point·
4 months ago

Will check it out. Thanks!
IAmPartialToRed
1 point·
4 months ago

Haven & Hearth is a pretty rogue-like MMORPG. Or so they say.
TheInsaneDump
1 point·
4 months ago

Would Realm of the Mad God count? I suppose it’s not necessarily a roguelike in the randomization sense, but it does have perma death.
macbigicekeys
1 point·
4 months ago

I’ve played RotMG. It’s a good time killer. I was thinking along the lines of Caves of Qud or ADOM or Cataclysm: DDA etc.
FeralFantom
1 point·
4 months ago

its hard to do most roguelike features in an mmorpg. you might try searching for graphical muds. i remember playing a game called Wyvern. the computer version is gone I think but theres a phone version now apparently
macbigicekeys
1 point·
4 months ago

I remember Wyvern. I played a MUD called Perilous Realms for years. A bit different from roguelikes. Just as an update to anyone else reading this thread: I’ve hopped into play.isleward.com a few time and keep going back for quick casual bites. I’m not sure how much depth is there, but I’ll continue to explore. I tried the others, and I’d have to say that TOMEnet is my second favorite so far. EUO looks like it has potential and the music is pretty intense and enjoyable, but something about the tileset threw me off. I’ve also settled into playing and streaming Ancient Domains of Mystery on Twitch amid all my other gaming exploits.
Community Details
r/roguelikes

Subscribers

A subreddit for games descended from Rogue - a sub-genre of RPG games involving things like permadeath and randomized levels. This community is mostly centred around traditional roguelike games which are turn-based, grid-based and single character focused, but discussion of “roguelike-like” games is still allowed.
Create Post
r/roguelikes Rules
Be nice
about
careers
press
advertise
blog
help
the reddit app
reddit gold
reddit gifts