Friday News: Fame and Other Issues

YESSSS! I am so excited to see what you come up with for this! I have been avoiding feeding my UTs for many months in anticipation.

Me too! Well, I havenā€™t fed my uts cus I have no fame, but same thing, right?

Clearly the solution is to just not talk. Canā€™t get shadowmuted if you donā€™t say anything at all.

Hell yee cant wait to trade a pyra for an EP.

Me: Wanted to trade my 2 Puri and 1 DBlade for DBows. Andā€¦ Tomb Whites/CTrap for another CBows.

Iā€™m new so I probably missed it all, but why are all these fame bonuses being removed? Pacifist I get and Iā€™m glad for, first born and legacy builder I donā€™t really care about and well equipped kinda makes sense as well. The rest though? They seem like good stuff to have. Iā€™d rather have the two bonuses related to god slaying removed instead.

Long story short, those bonuses have been a part of the game for years, and several have lost their meaning, while yet more were never that great to begin with.

The goal here is to expand on the good bonuses to be less restrictive (like instead of killing just gods to satisfy a ratio, you now have many different enemy types to hunt without hurting said previous silly ratio), and remove the other bonuses that discouraged teamwork and bogs the fighting, like mundane, pacifist, or even Friend of the Cubes! Hush, Demonseye.

Friend of the Cubes has been there since this was a browser game if I remember correctly (never really played this at the time, but I tried it out a bit) so the sentimental value alone is worth keeping it :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyhow, though I donā€™t quite agree with all the changes, I can somewhat understand. Cheers for the answer anyhow.

I think friend of the cubes encouraged teamwork because if you want to do a cube god its impossible to not kill a cube without being with a group. Even if you donā€™t get the kill, youā€™ll probably have to kill some cube defender children things.

I havenā€™t killed a cube in years. The risk of losing an easy bonus wasnā€™t worth it, and the CDirk wasnā€™t alluring enough for me.

(Anyway, my event white luck is trash :stuck_out_tongue: )

I killed a cube by accident and now I spam honeycomb trap on every cube god to farm cube kills :smiley: hopefully fame rework comes out soonā€¦

Iā€™m interested to see how many Cube Nemesis youā€™ll get when fame reworks drops

Everyoneā€™s event white luck is trash! That is why you kill as many as possible ;).

After so many years, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be killing cubes even after the fame rework. Iā€™ll just get over it faster after an accident.

I wonā€™t teleport even after the fame rework.

I fed 8 doom bows today, just because I needed the slots in my (small) vaultā€¦ r.i.p. dbow collection.

And ā€¦ I decided to teleport more often and kill even more cubes after the update. :hugs:

Will it be updated any further to reflect other new and ongoing bugs?

Kinda seems like the only thing you post about is bugs

obligatory @wilhuff

Also just another heads up, it looks like the nearby character list was attempted to be fixed in the recent update, so that it updates instantly; however, it introduced a new bug where the player list can just disappear completely - requiring a game restart to fix.