Friday News: Public Testing fte Item Forge

Time for duping en masse and the blueprint system to be regarded as obsolete, that’s actually a good thing though like backpedal said

One minor thing, it irks me that we need to be able to do O3 to get miniboss whites, most people can do miniboss but not everyone o3 (though most still can)

I think the alternative is worse, since you have no control over which miniboss you get.

I was gonna run a few wlabs today, but I’d seen enough after the first one. It’s a solid improvement. I will say that between the larva’s puke and the megamoth’s trails, I found myself walled out of half of the final phase.

I’ve got to just add to my last comments that it feels the consumables change is a big step backwards. It feels like a function the game has had, which players have used, since the very beginning of the game is being removed, and replaced with something you have to buy or obtain (the belt) to get partial functionality back of what we have always had access to.

I also don’t consider it a bug that you could put hp pots into your inventory after the pot stacks were added. I always thought the functionality remained because players still used it. It seems more like the bug was that you couldn’t put the pots directly into your inventory and had to item swap to get them.

Instead of making things better for the player, this consumables update makes them worse.

It kind of sucks you can’t store any consumables in your regular inventory/backpack, if it was just hp or mp pots I would understand, but carrying dex, att, white drake egg and stuff for speedruns, you have limited amount to put in your belt. Also the belt, like backpacks, would probably be rare, and cost gold.

You could always have an blanket Mark of the Miniboss (there’s probably a better name lol)

Honestly I’ve usually got like 3 or 4 different consumables in my inventory, and almost always have a holy water and some wine lol…

Some of my thoughts about the stuff in testing:

Item Forge:

• Looks pretty cool
  • Search function would be nice tbh
  • I think that blueprints should stack when breaking them down, but there should be a cap to the reduction.
  • I wasn’t able to make many items due to needing marks, but it seems to be balanced from what I saw.

The Third Dimension

• I enjoyed this dungeon a lot! Very engaging and fun boss fight(s)!
  • I like how the bosses show where they will be attacking/going.
  • My only complaint is that the loot (potion mainly) for the second boss doesn’t feel worth the effort. Guaranteed 1 Wisdom pot turns me off from doing the second boss potion-wise as I could just do UDLs or Labs instead (much easier dungeons). I think maybe making the attack potion guaranteed or possible changing the potions to greater potions would help to fix this. Then again, this dungeon (I assume) drops from Cube God, so maybe the loot is fine.
  • Also, would be nice if the shots went over the background stars.

Crawling Depths

• Love the redesign!
  • I feel that the boss fight might be a bit too hard, but I think I might need to fight him a few more times to gauge if it is just my inexperience with the boss (Died all the times I fought him so far).
  • Doku redesign is, overall, awesome! Sprite looks great and the proc is really good. I might, recommend, to lower the range of the proc to the range of shot would help to balance it a bit.

Woodland Labyrinth

• Again, love the redesign! Looks amazing.
  • Leaf bow re-sprite is good, but I prefer the old one. The projectiles, on the other hand, are definitely an improvement!
  • My only complaint about the dungeon is the boss getting stuck in hallways if you leave the boss room. She gets invulnerable and camps the way to the boss room. I ended up nexusing because of this.

Sewers

• Beautiful!
  • The Redesign makes me actually want to run sewers again (not as tedious to clear as before). Also, having the Troom be an actual fight is nice (no more accidental key presses to ruin troom).
  • Having the sick not last as long is nice.

Misc

• I like how you can place ANY consumable (marked with a potion icon) in the slots now as it promotes lots of different and new game-play styles.
  • The redesign of the gods for the Mountains (Glands) look nice. I like the rocks/crystals on the ground too as it adds more detail to once a barren grey land.
  • I enjoyed playing with the new Oryxmas Sword, Katana, Wand, and Dagger. I need to play with the bow and staff a bit more to gauge my feelings about them.

Overall, I enjoyed a lot of the new content. The only bugs I experienced were the Guill one (explained above) and unable to shift-click HP/MP potions in a brown gift to drink (too tired to go and get footage of it and report it). I If I get more time to play-test more, I’ll update this post with more detail.

“It’s not a bug It’s a feature” gone wrong

I’ve always thought of that saying as something devs say to argue that a bug should stay, or like something my boss says lmao… idk to me it feels different coming from the users not the devs, but yeah I still see the similarity…

Okay after playing this PT all weekend I have a lot to say so let’s start:

UT Forge

I like this feature in general, I think it’s a good mechanic for when RNG isn’t on your side BUT I am really afraid of how the Forgefire part will be handled. I don’t know how it’s gonna be on Production but the whole quality of the Forge depends on this part so I hope that it won’t be mishandled.
I did find a bug where your Forgefire gets reset to 0 after creating a character and I reported it on the Discord already. I think the spritework and UI for this is also quite clear and nice. I do wish we had been given marks and endgame whites so I could test the Forge more though.

Godlands changes

All the sprites are amazing, props to the spriters. I love the callback to the Sting Spider and I think it and the Great Owl are great additions. The new environment objects are very nice but they don’t fit the tiles though I know they will be changed when the big Realm rework comes so that’s not that important. (I’ll comment on the Oryxmas gods later on in this post)

Reconstructed dungeons

-Cdepths

Love the vibe and sprites. Great little references (particularly like the Hollow Knight one). The enemies are good and not TOO hard BUT I think the Son of Arachna is quite erratic and can easily sit on you considering you are almost constantly slowed. The damage can easily be overwhelming when combined with the damaging red spider web shots and the minions (if they are not cleared). I am not sure on how difficult this dungeon is planned to be considering it drops from a god in Godlands but I think it’s a bit too difficult when it comes to the boss.

-Wlab

I adore the aesthetic of this dungeon, the falling leaf on the portal and the excalibur easter egg. The turrets are way better than they were previously and aren’t as dangerous damage-wise which is good. The boss is a bit easier than the previous version which is good but the confuse shots from the minions in its’ second phase combined with the sick water (or vomit) can be quite dangerous ESPECIALLY during the “mega attack”. Again not sure how difficult this dungeon is planned to be but I think this part is a bit too difficult for where it drops. The Troom boss is way better and is an actual boss now. Very dangerous but can be learned. Overall love this and big props the to the spriter(s) (I love that Troom tree!)

-Sewers

I’m glad to see it isn’t as difficult on lower maxed characters and is actually fun to do now. The environment is good and gives off a sewer vibe which is great. The enemies aren’t as dangerous (also a welcome change) AND most importantly the sewage Sick debuff doesn’t stay on as long as before which is SUCH a nice change. More fun to do now and the Gulpord boss fight is longer but a bit nicer. The Troom boss being made into an actual boss is great and I’m glad newer players don’t need to have the wiki open for this one now AND it’s more common.

-Quick Slots

Great feature, I see almost no qualms with this one, it makes consumables actually useful. A few things worth to mention are the cooldown on Ichor (why?) and the fact consumables with a cap lower than 5 still appear in orange even though they are full (this REALLY bothers me, example below)

-Oryxmas weapons (this deserves its’ own category)

Okay I have a lot to say about these. First off the sword and dagger are completely broken for what they are. I heard they’re supposed to be T12.5 which they are not even slightly. They are WAY too strong. If they don’t get changed at all I’d say it would be one of the worst things to happen in the history of this game. Contrary to that the staff and wand are very underwhelming and I dont see myself using them at all. The staff is the biggest offender, it’s slow and has a wonky shot pattern making it hard to hit AND the damage per second isn’t great. The wand is fine but just not my cup of tea personally. The bow is also fine and the katana is very good (again, not sure if T12.5 works here).

-Oryxmas changes in general

The Jack Frost fight is very easy, I purposefully got the hardest parts with another person and we barely had any trouble with it. The hardest part was actually finding the right parts and the reward wasn’t great. The Snowman Gods are quite fine. Oryxmas nexus is quite fun though I assume it’s old considering how varying in sprite quality it is. One thing I found annoying in the realm though was how sharp the tile edges were when the Snowman Gods walked over them. It looks very unnatural.

-The Third Dimension

Quite possibly one of the best dungeons in the game. Very fun to do, looks great and fresh, not too hard aswell. The 1st boss is very engaging and fun. The 2nd boss is also great but a bit harder (which is good glares at Fungal Cavern). Troom boss honestly looks like a normal enemy if you teleport after someone calls it and you don’t see the transforming animation. The Health Bar icon for it is also bugged and just shows the first frame of the animation but I’m sure if you somehow made it so it switches to its’ different forms it would be way clearer it’s a Troom boos (Overall I love this boss). I have mixed feelings towards the items. The Wakizashi is very fun to use (In my opinion, apparently, an unpopular one) though it isn’t the best at anything and IS hard to aim. Feels a bit gimmicky (looks nice though). The seal isn’t anything lifechanging honestly. The cloak is nice, gives good invisibility but the proc isn’t good enough. The range isn’t worth the risk of doing 400 damage a second. You have to be very close and (quite honestly) this cloak works best in the dungeon it drops. I’d either up the range or change it to do something different like a slow or expose.

-General Thank you to the spriters

The sprites are all so nice. The skins are so nice (I particularly like the skiier and snowboarder skins Tyii made. May be biased but It’s ok). I love how original the Sorcerer skin is and even though I think the skins Beige made for this are a bit busy I still see myself using them. I love how much work the UGC puts into this and I just wanna say thank you for making the game look so pleasing. Also, I need to know who made the Santa 16x16 skin so I know who to thank for that masterpiece.

Overall I think the changes are good, and I don’t see any BIG problems other than the Oryxmas weapons being completely unbalanced. Thanks for reading and I hope some of this feedback can be useful!

Ah, it’s finally here.

quick slots are fine, expet you should still be able to use consumable fro your inv, new oryxmas items are either broken or garbage, jack frost is too easy, 3d is my favorite dungeon in the game. overall an ok update expet quickslots.

Okay, jabbing in here, I’m going to presume the bloodstone ring and an Omni are going to need the same material count to craft as eachother.

Should that be the case, i’d really like to see a deviation in material cost depending on the white it is, because some rings are clearly better than others, even on the higher up scale

Omni isn’t as good as you think. And I’m guessing you meant the Bloodshed ring? Because STs are not craftable.

Forgo rarity or awe, they are within the same tier of higher stats for rings.

Yep, everyone is saying how some whites are better than others and this and that, but you have to get the blue print and put in 3 items just to get one.