Fundametal gameplay changes that I want to see Realm Unity (part 2)

So because I didn’t saw alot of discussion about things that I edited in to my original post I decided to make a second thread for the changes that would affect realm’s gameplay.

DECA has announced that they will be moving RotMG over to Unity (hopefully before 2020). This will give DECA the opportunity to change the game on its fundamental level’s. And I want to talk about some Fundamental gameplay changes to Realm that I would like to see in the Unity port. To start of:

All equipment is special!

So this change is somewhat not needed but I wanted to bring it out anyways. The "lore’’ of the game is mostly found in item descriptions but for tierded equipment these item descriptions are talking about something that isn’t even in the game or just makes no sense. A somewhat cool idea that I have is to get rid of tiered equipment and give enemies there own uniqe equipment for example imagine if every enemy had there own version of the Poison Fang Dagger and the Spider Eye Ring, UT’s that aren’t unique but also don’t fit with the tiered gear. The Bandit Leader could drop an ambush trap for the huntress and a bandit dagger. The Hobbit archer’s would drop a Hobbit Bow and the Hobbit mage would drop a Hobbit Spellbomb. This type of weapon organization would allow the devs to tie lore to the individual enemie type and would also spice up the early game with more items to choose from.

The staff of the bot: every enemy has a 1/2000 change to drop a Decades for you

This next idea would probably fit quite well with the experimental gameplay of RotMG. So a while back Extra Credits (A YouTube channel that talks about game design and development) talked about possibilities of Blockchain technology, especially in MMORPG’s. for a short example, Imagine you did the killing blow to Oryx with your simple dagger, and Thudaa! Now your weapon is granted the status of Oryx Slayer, allowing it to ignore lets say 5 defence on every one of Oryx’s minions. This is just a simple example but I think it will make the endgame grind for your dream set more interesting as you can now earn all these special title’s for your gear. And because of realms permadeath these weapons would not become the standart norm very fast I imagine.

You can technically buy 700+ vit for 1000 dollars or something

When you think about, pets where really designed to suck as much money out of your wallet. From the different families to the gold cost on almost every process. But I am not going to talk about that. I am going to talk about pet abilities who are all very lazy and very unbalanced. The Attack abilities, Rising Fury and Savage are almost useless. Heal and Magic Heal act as flatout Vit/Wis buffs and the only reason Electric exist is to give pets the ability to permalyze so that knight mains that threw a few hundreds at the game could turn everything into a test chest. And I think DECA can do better than this. Like instead of having only one healing ability, you could have multiple abilities that focus around keeping the player alive. You can have a lifesteal ability or a cooldown ability where your pets would heal you to full if drop to 10% or that if you drop to 50% your pet will start blocking shots for you. And DECA could come up with brand new functions for pets like could keep your consumables for you and use them when you need them or an ability that I came up with called Rush. It will allow you to send out your pet to rush the dungeon for you unveiling the path to the boss. The higher level and the higher the succes rate is of your pet finding the boss or Troom and the more of the map it will unveil. If you reach a status like Rare or Legendary your pet might be able to break the dungeon walls that block the hallways or you might be able to teleport to your pet. There are plenty of other things DECA can do to make pets more interesting and still make it atractive to sink money in them, and I think DECA should take that opportunity.

Have I made some points here and do you think that these ideas are for the better? Or do you think that my previous post was dumb and that I am not a true realm player for thinking that these are good Ideas?

I can’t tell if you’re joking, but the first 2 ideas at least are pretty dumb. The idea to spice up pets sounds pretty interesting, but since everyone’s already invested in the current pets, there’s no real way they could be changed.

Fuck no.

Fuck no.

FUCK NO.

All of this is possible with flash, what makes you write this specifically for unity?

No. Nobody wants special snowflakes.

That’s kinda dumb, so if I kill 2000 enemies in a sand mob I have a good chance of getting a decades? hell no.

Already in Flash.

Adding additional useful pet abilities would be a good ideas, however.

Porting RotMG to Unity is only porting the client. The backend stuff that makes things work is not changing at all.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.