Game ALWAYS starts with high mem

I play on flash projector (18) and I’ve NEVER encountered this issue until 2 days ago.

Things I’ve tried to solve this problem:

-Closing programs that were running in the background using task manager (I use Windows)
-Turning off shadows & enabling everything in the deca menu to reduce fps drop
-Using other versions of flash projector (22 & 21)
-Clearing flash player cache

None of these worked.

Besides the high mem, I also drop a lot of frames whenever other players are near. However the performance stats window shows my fps being normal (I usually get 30-40 fps with hardware acceleration)…

Some help would be really appreciated!

Thats not even high

It is for me… Why do you think I made this thread in the first place?

My game starts with 500 meme.

how the fuck do you get 11/10 fps

How do I get 62/60 FPS? It’s a glitch

It might be your CPU, as the i3-4005u is notoriously underclocked (although not as much as the i3-3217u or the i5-3317u)

Also Memory bandwidth might be your problem, as the haswell based CPUs have how memory bandwith

my game starts at 500

Game runs on 60 fps btw. Not 10. Wasnt pointing out the visual glitch

I know it does, but the initial loading screen does post at 10 for me sometimes (1/10 times)

It doesn’t matter… 200 MEM is nothing. You won’t have anything bad happen.

Mine starts out at 70ish and crashes at around 330

You might wanna check that… I think I hit 600 once and that was the highest I’ve gone. I’m usually sitting at 250-350 max after a few hours and I have less than 1.8 GHz of a CPU and 4 GB of RAM.

Mem doesn’t seem high to me.

Besides the high mem, I also drop a lot of frames whenever other players are near. However the performance stats window shows my fps being normal (I usually get 30-40 fps with hardware acceleration)…

Yeah that might just honestly have to do with your hardware. Try disabling some graphics settings, your laptop is using a very low-power dual core chip.

his i3-4005u is throttling probs (core i3-4130 runs at 3.4 GHz, vs. the i3-4005u @~ 1.2 GHz)

also it doesnt matter that his CPU is a dual core, as flash is a single-core application.

That comparison isn’t worth anything. Firstly, the i3 4130 is a desktop chip, which has a much higher TDP and energy requirement, whereas the 4005U is an ultra-low power laptop chip. Of course it’s going to run at a lower clockspeed.

also it doesnt matter that his CPU is a dual core, as flash is a single-core application.

Oh, but it does.

Just because flash is using 1 core doesn’t mean the game won’t run slower in general. You have to consider that anything in the background is going to severely limit performance in game since you only have 2 cores to work with.

his i3-4005u is throttling probs

Possible.

@CrazyPingu can you check the temperatures of your laptop’s processor? Does the fan spin up very loud when you’re playing realm?

it does matter. Why? Because higher frequencies may help with memory usage/utilization

*i3s have 4 threads, allowing them to execute 4 separate tasks at once

his temps don’t have to be crazy high, some laptops throttle by defalt (meckbook 2015)
or his mac mini will slow down the CPU at x degrees even though the CPU is fine. This is Apple we’re talking about

Of course, but comparing his laptop chip to a desktop counterpart is just silly.

*i3s have 4 threads, allowing them to execute 4 separate tasks at once

Well, you’re not wrong, but 4 threads =/= 4 cores, and hyperthreading only goes so far.

But the system in question is clearly a windows machine.

i3 core and 4gb ram?

my my, we be having some problems here…

• turn off hardware acc
  • use all dem decamenu stuff (u seem to be doing that)
  • use newest version of flash (worked to reduce mem for me)

tbh id upgrade the computer if you could. i5 would be good enough.

Maybe try using Flash Player 26, it made me start at ~70 as opposed 150-200 that I used to get with older versions.

Sigh

My game crashes at 300 mem. This may not seem to be a problem for you but it is for me.