Game Dropping to 30 fps periodically on Steam

Henlo,

Recently I noticed my game, for whatever reason, was randomly dropping to 30-31 fps occasionally, then jumping back up to 60. Although I know a lot of people don’t consider FPS that important, but when my FPS drops, there is an increase of input lag. Does anyone know what is causing this? Also, before you say it, all my settings are at their lowest, hardware acceleration is on and I have most particles and stuff turned off, as well as RotMG being set to the highest priority in terms of CPU usage.

PS: I use Steam to play.

Your internet is slow, or possibly your computer. Try wiping your computer of all things you don’t need, and also check up on your wifi to make sure it’s alright.

I’m not a tech genius just an fyi

Lolwut, he said he’s getting an FPS drop, not rubber banding. That’s not related to internet speed at all.

On topic, I’ve seen the same issue. Any answer would be helpful!

Lol wut

And I thought rubberbanding happens when your wifi cuts out, not when it’s slow

And if thats not the issue then maybe it’s server related or has something to do with steam

SSI’s are not the cause for FPS drops. That’s a CSI.

Idk man, maybe your CPU frequency is dropping every once and a while due to thermal throttling.
or your DRAM is fukt.

Los Angeles, miami or new york?

Ok I’m done, listen to these guys they actually know what they’re talking aboot

Client Sided Issue

I have the exact same issue!
However, if I open Task Manager, the frequency of these drops lowers considerably, ditto for the duration of them…

Same issue here, idk what is causing it. Tried looking for answers for a full week back in november. I just had to deal with it (even though i lost an 8/8 priest and my 6/8 rogue)

Have you tried checking at the cpu usage of Steam in the task manager?

bruh csi ny is my shit

if its after long periods of time you could try restarting your game and letting ur pc cool down xd

I also get this problem. It would be great to know a solution

I’m uncertain, but it might be a problem with Steam. I get the same issues in Warframe and Crypt of the Dancer during the first few minutes of play.

I’ve set my Steam priority to Realtime as well as my Realm priority but it doesn’t do anything :c
I’m gonna try leaving my pc off for the night.

Whats your PC specs?

GTX 950, Intel i5 6440 or something, Gigabyte B150M-HD3 Motherboard and 8GB RAM

Does turning on/off hardware acceleration work?

I toggle it on and off coz it sometimes drops my fps or raises it.

Locate your steam rotmg folder (Steam/steamapps/common/Realm of the Mad God), You see “META-INF” folder, open it, mext there should be “AIR” folder, open it and there should be “application.xml” open it with notepad and find “direct” change it to “cpu”. this might fix the issue