Game Dropping to 30 fps periodically on Steam

To add on to @Troll: use Ctrl+F to search, then replace the value of < renderMode > to cpu.

i’ve the same issue, i changed it to cpu and got 15 fps back now I’m on 45 fps in dungeons and sometimes at the beach. Idk my fps started to drop when i updated my win10 to the new creators version :confused: never had any problems with steam

did you try gpu?

I’ve uhh always averaged at 30 fps, the most fps I’ve ever gotten is ~50 when in my vault unmoving. Now, input lag I almost never get anymore, but I’ve had problems with it like a year ago or when I press too many keys at once.

screw this potato computer XD

changed it to gpu now its gucci thx :heart:

I’ve been having this problem too, however my only fix is to turn on OBS and record the gameplay. I discovered how the game would not have any FPS drops after trying to record a video for my friend. If one of the more tech savvy guys here could break this down into a different solution that’d be great and much appreciated.

I have the exact same issue. Problem started 2 days ago when I updated Windows and I get FPS drops to exacly 31, this happens everywhere, even in vault. No high CPU usage or anything. I recently wiped my pc, all I have atm is Steam and Discord, same issue. Tried capping FPS to random numbers, still drops to 31. This does not have anything to do with settings or hardware specs, this is an internal problem, however I don’t know if it’s a Windows problem or Steam. I am just glad that somebody else is having the same issue, all we can do it let DECA know, gl in realm.

Tried changing “direct” to “gpu.” FPS drops are even more frequent. At least all my other game run smoothly now.

I’m literally always at 30 fps on flash but 60 on browser :thonk:

try cpu, if that doesnt work just keep it as direct

Try setting Flash to high priority in Task Manager.

I’m not sure, I had the same problem for a day or two and then it went away, I use steam as well to play. And I know another friend of mine has had the problem for a week.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.