Gamma's Art Thread?

Ever since my drawing tablet went haywire a few years back, my thoughts included, “Eh…should I really buy one again? Saving up more money for a laptop would probably be a better idea…”

So I never bought another tablet.

And then I saw recent RotMG art.

And I became jealous.

So naturally, I took matters to my own hands. I found an old stylus bottled up in a box somewhere in my house, and I thought to myself, “How hard could it be to use this bad boy to draw on an iPad?”

Turns out, a $2 plastic stylus with a giant rubber tip bought from a gift shop long ago (estimated to date back to the Paleolithic Age) is…actually better than I expected.

Here’s a piece:

Definitely turned out better than anticipated, buuut here are some of the hellish things that I had to go through:

1. iPads are considerably smaller than normal drawing tablets, plus their resolutions are far worse than their superior counterparts.

2. Apple Notes sucks…Which makes sense, because the application is for (quite literally) taking notes and not for drawing. However, this still doesn’t change that fact that there are no saturation options (only shades), pre-selected colors (these are the only ones that are available), no zoom ability, and no way to rotate and move the canvas around.

3. Did I mention that the stylus sucked? Oh, did I say it was good? Well, no, it’s actually a nightmare. It’s good for basic drawing but damn, does it have near-nil sensitivity. You have to press ridiculously hard for it to actually work. Plus the rubber tip is so big, you really can’t get a good idea on where a stroke is going to be.

Here's what the sad-looking stylus looks like.

Maybe I’ll make this an art thread, but I’m not sure if I should wait until I get an actual drawing platform. I’ll make the necessary edits to the thread title and stuff when I make my mind.

You can always join mouse-gang

Is this a cult that you speak of? :0
I shall join!