Gear for assassin

What kind of gear might be good for an assassin? I have a spirit dagger but what whites/other gear should I farm/buy? If I have spirit, is foul even necessary?

I might make a new assassin if my Mystic dies, because I wasn’t able to fully enjoy my last assassin (7/8, armor broken and killed by Oryx Brute)

Thank you for responding! I hope you have a great day! :wink:

Imo you dont need foul if you have spirit dagger, yeah occasionally you’ll experience some dps drop but thats rng there. You should farm sews for murkey and must farm for harley. For the ring its solely up to you on what you use, personally I’d use a gemstone or sourcestone. A t6 poison is good overall and if you want to flex I suggest getting plague. You could just go standard assasin with just full tops.

Asssassin Normally Wouldnt carry all this around unless I have extras but the Harley, Milk, Jelly, and St Dagger with Ubhp or Deca are my go to Plague I would use in Tomb because of the AOE. St set I really just have for the fact of having it! Love the dagger from this set!

Assassin is in my experience fine with tiered gear. Poison-wise the t5 and t6 do reliable damage and no UT really trumps them. With a good poison your dagger is far less important for damage, so I normally trade damage for range and go for tiered dagger over Spirit, which I will give to a Rogue instead. Armour you have all the speed you need and do decent damage so boosts from CSilk + Spectral are not that useful. Harley gives a good MP boost, if you are happy with the def sacrifice.

The biggest question is which ring. I tend to use Expo for its defensive bonuses + MP boost for poison throwing – as a non-Robe class your max MP is not that impressive. With Harly you boost your MP by enough to throw another poison. Otherwise any good ring will do, such as a HP ring.

The Assassin set is interesting. It trades poison damage for a massive DPS boost, for a different style of play. It’s a right pain to collect - I just completed the set, having been after it since release, but have not got round to playing it (so many classes, so little time to play).

tiered set + bracer / gemstone !?

Thank you for all the replies! Guess imma start farming pups! :smile:

Haunted Cemeteries: Run those when you have time as it gives you plague poison, a poison that sacrifices damage for a massive range. It’s not necessary but it’s definitely a fun poison, one of the poisons that was almost not buffed at all during the massive poison update. It’s a solid, especially when trying to hit things you can’t even see.

Sewers: Murky Toxin is the highest damage poison. In exchange for being more difficult to land, it offers a total of 1,200 damage for 120 MP relative to the 900 damage for 100 MP from a baneserpant.

Puppet Master’s Theatre: Good ol’ harle. The resu for hide classes, offering a decent amount of MP at the sacrifice of defense. Great for assassin as assassin is ability based.

Shatters: GEMSTONE. Gemstone is the classic MP ring, although as of more recently, it is arguably outclassed by the Sourcestone from Lost Halls. Both rings are rare to get but given that there’s a shatter event going on right now, you may want to try to get a gemstone right about now because those things are hard to get.

Lost Halls: As mentioned above, it drops a magnificent ring called sourcestone. Additionally, it drops the longest ranged dagger, something that may work well with the natural long range of the assassin’s ability.

TIERED ARMORS AND OTHER SMALL THINGS THAT MAY HELP:

Keep a tiered dagger: t12 (dagger of foul malevolence), t13 (dagger of sinister deeds (SB))

T6 poison (baneserpent) is never a bad choice

Keep a tiered armor for defense purposes t13 (Hydra), t14 (Wyrmhide) or csilk (from OT) or behemoth armor (from Nest)

Keep a survival ring (UBHP, Decade, Pyra, Bracer)

ST assasin set is also nice but I know nothing about it because I quit temporarily at around the release of it and don’t care about it

bad picture quality sowwy
Honestly I Love assassin. I’m glad you finally decided to play this class :slightly_smiling_face:. Anyways, the picture above shows how I like to play my assassin. I love the asthetics and balanced stats. Now I understand it may not be the best for throwing poisons; however, if you like to use your dagger more than anything, then sticking with a set that emphasizes more on atk and dex really helps. With quick swapouts, you will easily be able to stack up those atk stats :slight_smile:.

Now, if you want to use more poisons and just chillax, I suggest using harley, gemstone, source stone, etc. For BASIC assassins, literally grab any tiered poison and you will get loot. Your dagger choice doesn’t really matter if you have this play style - RNG threshold ain’t that high :wink:

If you want asthetics… Go farm and collect everything then customize your assassin :stuck_out_tongue:

All I have to say is that you should probably start doing sewers and cems if you want more “variety” in your poison chucking adventures…

*Still missing plague for my collection -_-

DPS of a tops set warrior on a dagger with 5.6 range, squishier than a ninja. Hard to land shots, but once you’re used to it you will shred enemies.

Nice to know. But also, tops warrior = lame :stuck_out_tongue: (did you include beserk?)

Ripper is really good but hard to get so id use t12 and spirit. Milk and murky, murky is good and if you want to try for it st poison is very good. Harley is very good for assassin, then just a hp ring or pyra. But if your good at the game, cdirk, murky, st poison, harley, source is very good.

Yeah, I know

Also, berserk is included in the top rows

Anyways, the point is that the DPS is quite high, but it can be hard to use. I’m not sure how I feel about it, to be entirely honest.

Yeah should have checked. Actually had this argument before with someone else but basically the basis of my argument was that if you’re comparing dps of say warrior to wizard, you should include beserk on warrior but not on wizard as warrior can beserk itself but a wizard by itself cannot. Nice chart btw

Solid point, but in the situations where DPS actually matters usually the warrior will berserk everyone.
Also now we have to factor in spells and abilities :open_mouth:

I know but in that one, they were factoring in spells but not warrior beserk which is what pissed me off because I know that in general, everyone gets the buff but if we’re comparing dps between classes, only warrior should get the buff

" You’ve already replied 3 times to @Leohe in this particular topic.

Have you considered replying to other people in the discussion, too? A great discussion involves many voices and perspectives.

If you’d like to continue your conversation with this particular user at length, send them a personal message."

lol didn’t know this was a thing

DOTS TO SEPARATE

Anyways, that’s a solid point, as it serves to demonstrate how powerful the warrior can be alone.
Then you would also agree that we should do the same for everything, every aspect of DPS, right?
And just out of curiosity–how would you handle the new gimmicky bullshitty alien shit new gimmicky stuff that has a chance to proc?

I was so confused at first reading the first part of that message. As for how dps should be measured, I believe that you should include base along with ability as that’s the dps you would have in a real game. As for the alien stuff, I have no idea what it actually does.

Assume no one wears those. But truthfully, it probably isn’t the highest dps set (hopefully)

I wouldn’t be so sure. Entropy Reactor, which has this effect, gives +10 ATK +10 DEX +90 MP