Gemstone or Sourcestone

-Both accessories +6 Speed and +110 MP.
-Sourcestone gives +110 HP
-Twilight Gemstone gives +6 Defense

Which do you prefer?

Definitely the 110 HP, I’d take a (slightly) diminished Para HP over a (slightly) diminshed Para DEF any day

Why is this a question

v

One’s just so much prettier.

None of them?

Sourcestone. The only time I can think of Gemstone being useful is on a Paladin.

Sourcestone.

Sourcestone looks better, an gives a better stat boost. Gemstone only beats SS on a prot priest or a MBS paladin.

Sourcestone, ~18 hp is better than 1 def

• Sourcestone
  • Gemstone

0 voters

It’s not. You don’t have a question mark.

Hp>Def

Soulstone.

Hahaha got me there

Allow me to phrase it differently - does Gemstone deserve a rework to be more different than Sourcestone?

• Definitely!
  • Definitely not!

0 voters

Wait, no, that’s not phrasing it differently…

HP always better than defense. There’s a video on youtube comparing HP and Def rings (With the math, don’t have the link to the video, you’re gonna have to look it up yourself.) to see which one would be better, and if I remember right, a paramount HP beats an Unbound Def.

Just go with HP all the time, it’s better in every situation compared to defense.

gemstone was introduced first. i think it should be the other way around.

The situation when Def is better, is if you are in a non-insta-rip attrition battle, taking constant medium dmg bullets, and never managing to have your HP bar refilled into the bonus HP zone from the item. The higher Def allows you to last longer here.

In this situation it is pointless to extend the HP bar more if all you are doing is increasing the “empty” part of the HP bar even further.

With the power of pets this is an increasingly rare scenario because with minimal dodging you can usually find enough time to allow your HP bar to refill into the +HP zone. And there are so many more scenarios where more HP is better.

(You can get an idea of how this used to be a much more significant factor in gameplay if you unequip your pet, then switch to a high HP ring, & watch how long it takes to refill, even moreso for unmaxed vit).

it doesn’t necessarily need to be more different than SS, but it does need to be buffed.

Unless the mp boost from it becomes useless because of the low mana cost of the paladin’s ability making it easy to perma.

that extra def comes in handy tho

Either way, HP is still better. You will rarely be in a situation where you are getting hit constantly assuming you can dodge well. And it’s common sense to switch to a defense ring as soon as the bonus health is gone. And we always have pets, so why would you de-equip one? It will constantly keep you getting health replenished which will bring you to the bonus hp zone often.

Sure this would be useful back then, but I’m talking present day. Defense rings are useless compared to HP ones.