Gemstone or Sourcestone

I’ve been a user of UBDEF on pally for years now due to my playstyle. I’m never full HP as a paladin because of the heals, so for me, the def ring is more effective survivabillity-wise.

Though yes–HP is better for much of ‘modern’ content.

Gemstone is pointless compared to sourcestone. Generally, you will survive much more with sourcestone.

Odd, I’m always at max health on my pally and basically all my characters. Basically it comes down to if you can dodge or not. Would still say HP rings are better than defense, not just for being ‘modern’ imo.

Deca should just give us Admin crowns. Then we would rule realm.

Well, we’re already doing that to be honest.

Sileeeeex says otherwise.

Sileeeeex is one of those “meme” admins.
He’s just fun by spawning things keeping people entertained.
He’s fun to have.

True. I’ve made up my mind. I’m going to do software engineering not electrical, and become and admin for Deca.

Good luck with that, I’m not sure if Deca will still own ROTMG by the time you can, we’ve already went through 3 companies and it’s been what, 6, 7 years? We’ll probably have a different one in a couple more years from now.

Hmmmmm, I have 2-3 more years left. We’ll see. If I do, then I’ll give you the big gey admin sword.

Oh boy I feel honored

Agree, yes. But rarely does not equal never though. That’s all I’m saying.
If you are fortunate enough to never be in the situation where your HP bar is constantly half empty, it’s correct to favour the HP option.

The advice is still relevant today for players in certain scenarios. So it’s just giving the warning that saying flat out “never choose def” isn’t right. @Uniqourn summed it up well on the example.

The other situation is low pet power. That’s what the suggestion to de-equip your pet was about, to remind how slow HP can be to replenish without a pet, or if you’re getting perma pet stasised - think small group in Encore, or vs the Parasite boss. Or if you’re constant sick and not getting heals, eg. sewers rush.

Yep if you have a functional high powered pet, HP is almost always right to choose.

It’s easy to forget there are players without high powered pets, and oftentimes the people asking for, or reading, advice about equipment choices are new players, so we shouldn’t make blanket “this is always better” if it’s only true for pets over a certain level.

Eg. unmaxed level 14 player with ‘I just hatched my first pet’, trying to solo their way to a Phoenix with a sadsack threequarter empty HP bar, wearing paraHP, because they heard 6 people say in chat that HP ring is better… Clearly unlikely they’ll be facing the choice between Gemstone and Sourcestone! :laughing: But it’s part of the bigger picture that the often-said advice to “always wear HP” should be said with the (“unless your HP bar is always half empty”) caveat.

But it doesn’t compare to the 110 hp from the SS.

Good points🤔

Personally, I just enjoy the +1 inventory space. And I do have a decent pet so that’s definitely it most likely. You do adapt to the pets thing really well and stop bothering with the dodge factor. I still would use HP wherever I go because I generally just rarely if never have below half health unless I step on a bomb, green potion, get paralyzed or something.
You would need it a lot more if your HP is always around half, I agree. But for experienced players with dodging skills, that is not the case.

gem because i love they way it looks and it was my first white bag

what the fuck

i got my first at like 3-4 stars and vaulted it. i think i still have it on my assassin

rlly waoh

The virgin gemstone v The chad sourcestone