Getting better gear?

Hey, I’m new to the game, been grateful to have some random people help me with items to get me started which is great but I am lost now. What is my step to getting better gear than I have now. I see people with ST and UT gear and I assume its better, I look on the wizard wiki page but how do I know what is better, it says that something is good but has this downfall etc so I’m unsure on what is actually better. Thanks.

Just gotta compare stats

IMO stat importance is as follows

HP > Def > Att/Dex > mana > Spd > vit > wis (wis would be higher on certain classes like pally, priest, sorc)

Hook me up, I have some spare equipment for the class you are playing.

If you’re newer to the game, I personally feel that you shouldn’t worry about max efficiency builds yet. Although it’s important to have some semblance of proper gear, learn how to dodge and how dungeons work with mediocre gear before you blow the good stuff to a more preventable accident.

During that time, you can also better learn your playstyle. More offensive/vit builds are good if you’re decent at the dodging, whereas more defensive builds might be preferable if you’re more prone to tanking shots, whether intentionally or not.

my tip is just to check out the realmeye wiki page of the item
the notes also usually give a decent argument of when or if to use a certain UT/ST
you can also sort of gauge how good an item is by how much its complemented

UTs and STs aren’t necessarily better than tiered items; each has to be weighed on a case-by-case basis.

UT (untiered) items are meant to be sidegrades to tiered items, usually only useful in certain circumstances. Take the Staff of Extreme Prejudice from the Sprite World: it has huge damage, but it’s only useful if you can safely sit right on top of the enemy. In most scenarios, a tiered staff would be more useful, but you might keep an EP on hand for times when you can use it.

STs are basically UTs, but they’re part of a specific set. The more items you have from the same set, the more extra bonuses you get! These will become more relevant as you get further into the game and end up acquiring more and more pieces of the same set, but in the meantime they’re not generally as usable as UT items.

As Shatter says, compare the stats of each item to figure out which ones work best for you.

You likely won’t stumble across ST items very often, so if you do find any, be sure to store them for a bit, or carefully try them out if you’re confident enough.

As Bookwyrm said, you’ll also find your own preferred style as you play. I have fond memories of carrying loads of tiered rings with me, one for every scenario - defense to minimize taking damage, vitality when I need to regen, speed when I want to get somewhere quicker, and dex or att if I’m confident enough in dodging that I can afford some more damage.

Obviously, UT rings can fulfill multiple of such purpose, so it’s again up to you to see which you like and which you don’t like.

I would focus on getting tops (T12 swords, T5 hp rings (T6 if you’re rich), T13 armor, T6 abilities) and would also gather 8ish life as a cushion for when you die before worrying too much about UTs and STs. UTs and STs tend to be situational and rare – until you’ve gotten used to the game and have an understanding of each class, maxing, and gameplay, I would farm for tops and (even better) life. Most tops can be bought with a life in USW3 (the trading server).

My personal favorite way to do this is to do runs with discords like Malice (https://discord.gg/PtP2Kys), as they’re an easy way to run end game dungeons fairly safely and gather up life. Additionally, this gives you an opportunity to get more used to the game and talk with people who have experience creating characters and managing items such as UTs and STs. I personally like Malice because the runs tend to be small and friendly; they give you experience with running Lost Halls in a manner which isn’t braindead (like Pub Halls :P).

However, if you aren’t interested in farming life in high level dungeons, an easy way of getting tops is doing o2. If you do this method, I would probably stay in USW3 and sell off the tops you get and just keep the life in your potion storage as its a more fluid method of getting what you want. A more beginner friendly method is creating a trickster (or any medium-fast class) and rushing snakes and sprites; you can sell the speed and dex for life at a rate of about 6:1 ~ 8:1.

It takes like 10 or more o2s to get a top in my experience

Me: T12 (or T11) Weapons, T6 (T5) Ability, T13 Armor and T6 non-HP ring.

For my Warrior, I use: Sky (because why not), T5 Helm, Acrop and UBDef as my primary Defensive ring.

if you boost yourself it it is almost guaranteed it seems, never actually done an o2 boosted where i didnt get a top

Lmao I get lots of tops, but never the ones I want :confused:

If I ever need tops, it’s normally easy to toss in a life that I find from a quest chest, tomb, or… some easier dungeon with life. I’ve never even needed 2 life (in recent times), but you can if you’re in desperate need.

Oh lmao; I just run cults and collect up life and then bulk buy the tops on the trading discord. The problem is with ppes tho - I have terrible luck with getting class-specific tops.

Oh, I see. I’m not a ppe enthusiast, myself, so I made assumption;I thought you meant generally! I didn’t scroll up again XD

Me being tired after a long day.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.