Ghost king ST drop rate

Are you required to buff the ghost king to get the drop? or does buffing it increase your chances?

Its impossible to tell whether buffing gkings increase droprates without an answer from staff (however I doubt it because there is no other enemy that works like this that we are aware of)
As for the first part of your question, hopefully someone remembers the last time they got one

no

no

iirc toast has said so in the past, just need to dig up the post

Iā€™ll admit Iā€™ve wondered if there was a point for buffing the ghost king other than wishing for more drake eggsā€¦ but who mass collects those?

(Iā€™ve always buffed him when nobodyā€™s been around to complain just in case lol)

@ liam @ theivyx

yeah il be honest, when i was collecting blue drakes for the abyss runner thingy i got many dirty glares. like i could feel people glaring thru their laptop cameras

Yes! I can even tell based on some of the way people walk and attack that their upset with me, for whatever reason. I donā€™t really try to make people upset, but if I have a mission in mind, I donā€™t CARE about not buffing enemies or plowing forward in a dungeon.

damn, i dont feel that anymore
i guess i troll so much ive become resistant to salty gamers

It is long overdue to be fixed, so that there is a ā€˜legitā€™ reason to get buffing, same as we can at lich/ent.
Moving the ST piece onto a minion would be very basic.

@XBookwyrmX a bit more XP is another reason you might want to buff. (I do it sometimes if thereā€™s a leveller nearby and I think they have the capacity to not die. Though for level 20s now itā€™s nothing hugely worthwhile compared to other XP) The def tinc things too, maybe, though not my interest.

Not having an electric pet, the blue drakes are actually useful in some situations. I too donā€™t care, Iā€™ll buff if I feel like it, or if the person pre-screams for no buff; I find it more fun to have the tower full of ghosts. They die quick enough.

Handy hint: you can get a goodly amount of buff from distance with a wizard spellbombing and ā€œoh who did that??ā€. :smirk:

RotMGTroller 2.0?

I have to agree with Novachiz thereā€™s no way to know if buffing it increases your chances, but im an avid Qot hunter, and i was adamant that buffing an Ent to lvl 20 increases your drop rate of qot from the nature spirits, but i feel however this is not true after speaking to a couple of other veteran players during the triple jugg and qot drop rates. For the ent we concluded all buffing it does is spawn MORE nature sprites/spirits giving you more chances at getting the drop, due to there being more enemies that drop it then the one enemy it spawns not buffed, Id assume the same for the Ghost king, although from my experience already st bags are tricky drop. Definitely not normal sb situations award and st bag, im still testing st theories too. Any other questions about white bag drops, or st encounters feel free to ask.

Yeah, I knew about the ent bidding advantages. Iā€™m seudo hunting for one now; I had one once early in my career; I knew it was rare, even for a white (I think this was back shortly after my first 8/8, an archer, had died?), but that was also before DECA started handing vaults and chat doors like candy, so I didnā€™t room in my vault for something I probably wasnā€™t going to use in forever. Soā€¦ I fed it to my flourishing pet, and now, a couple years later without another, realize I probably should have just saved it :joy:

Yeah, I had looked at the wiki a long time ago and didnā€™t see that the ghost king minions dropped anything particularly useful. Thank you for the insights!

Haha, trouble with spellbombing for me is that usually whenever I bother playing wizard, I have a unique spell, so I think most people would know it was me! :face_with_monocle:

Andā€¦ honestlyā€¦ after my witch died with my jade spell prematurely with by far my most expensive inventory and backpack load, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m going to play wizard for a worthy expanse of timeā€¦ it wasnā€™t even an honorable deathā€¦ :cry:

Edit: And donā€™t you dare get snarky and tell me no one will know itā€™s me if I continuously snipe my target flawlessly; Iā€™m not that good at the game XD

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.