"Ghost Realm" discussion/PSA

idk looks pretty legit to me

rather not say for reasons I hope are obvious. I think it’s patched now anyway but I’m not 100% sure.

that shows you how to modify your client to connect to one, and even though it may have started as a “legit” client it certainly wasn’t one when he was done with it. you mod the client in any way you get banned, simple as that. that’s still a modified client even if it’s not one you get from the internet or something. this proves nothing.

Is this the guy who has fun by making the game unplayable for everybody else?
Please let’s not inflate his ego by watching his videos.

the client has no modifications in the video and its not modified in any way in the video. Its completely legit client with 0 modifications done to it, if you really want me to, I can make a video doing it on browser site.

also the method is not patched

—and yet, you’re taking plenty of steps that a “legit” player doesn’t have to take. You’re essentially taking the work that the modified clients were doing, and simply doing it by hand instead.

If you see a fence marked with “NO TRESPASSING” signs, and there’s a gate in the fence, it doesn’t mean you’re not trespassing if you go through the gate because it happened to be unlocked.

And why would they bother? It’s convenient to leave it open and ban anyone who makes use of it.

Thats not the point, point is people and the admin is saying you can only get there with hacked/modified client. I showed its not impossible

Whether or not it requires a modified client is a bit of a moot point. Regardless of how you got there, you’ll still get banned if they catch you.

cant get banned if you are already banned :man_shrugging:

I you say?

I dont know what you mean by that, english is not my main language

First of all, using third-party software in this way is still against the ToS: https://decagames.com/tos.html

Second of all, are we really going to sit here and pretend that everyone accessing ghost realms bothered to do all of this every time and that nobody made a modified client that would automate the process?

Never change, Reddit. Never change.

Lol dude have you even read the ToS before linking that? It does not state anything about using third-party software

“You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to the Deca Service in source code form or in unlocked coding or any other human-readable form.”

"Your right to use the Deca Service is subject to the restrictions listed below. Except as expressly set out in these Terms or as permitted by any local law, you undertake:

5-not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, distribute, time-share, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the whole or any part of the Deca Service;

6-not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the Deca Service, or permit the Deca Service or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other product or service;

7-not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer, derive any code or algorithms or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Deca Service or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent such activities are permitted under applicable law;

8-not to sell, resell, link to, exploit, provide or otherwise make available the whole or any part of the Deca Service (including object and source code), in any form to any person without prior written consent from us;"

"In addition, you agree not to:

(iv) use any features of the Deca Service for anything other than their intended purpose, including exploiting any glitches for personal gain;

(vi) attempt to gain unauthorized access or provide automated access to or use of the Deca Service (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Deca Service), whether through password mining, unauthorised scripts, scrapers or offline readers or any other means;

(ix) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Deca Service, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to the Deca Service, or to strip, scrape, or mine data from the Deca Service;

(xii) assist, permit or encourage any person to perform any of the activities described above."

I think you could have stopped on that first very blatant point.

didnt access any source code.

"Your right to use the Deca Service is subject to the restrictions listed below. Except as expressly set out in these Terms or as permitted by any local law, you undertake:

5-not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, distribute, time-share, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the whole or any part of the Deca Service;

6-not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the Deca Service, or permit the Deca Service or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other product or service;

7-not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer, derive any code or algorithms or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Deca Service or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent such activities are permitted under applicable law;

8-not to sell, resell, link to, exploit, provide or otherwise make available the whole or any part of the Deca Service (including object and source code), in any form to any person without prior written consent from us;"

didnt do any of this either

"In addition, you agree not to:

(iv) use any features of the Deca Service for anything other than their intended purpose, including exploiting any glitches for personal gain;

(vi) attempt to gain unauthorized access or provide automated access to or use of the Deca Service (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Deca Service), whether through password mining, unauthorised scripts, scrapers or offline readers or any other means;

(ix) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Deca Service, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to the Deca Service, or to strip, scrape, or mine data from the Deca Service;

(xii) assist, permit or encourage any person to perform any of the activities described above."
havent done any of these either

like what is the point of pasting these here

Just wanted to have every base covered.

At least read what I post before responding.

whatever my point still stands you can get into the “ghost” realm without using hacked/modified client, using completely legit client and it proves the admin/people who said its impossible wrong

and it does make the bans unjustified :stuck_out_tongue:

“I’m totally not mad I got banned lol I’m such a good troll”

Try that one on someone who hasn’t seen this shit a million times over the years. Maybe that’d work better then. :slightly_smiling_face:

hmmmmm

ghost realms are glitches

if you were in a ghost realm you were exploiting it

seems pretty straightforward to me

How are they glitches if they are coded this way, this is how they are intended to happen. So what if someone is in a dungeon when it happens and goes back to realm, he will arrive in “ghost” realm, he is breaking rules?

seems to me he wouldnt have done anything wrong and was simply playing the game as it is intended to be played.

Unjust bans