Giving away 1 life [OVER]

I know it’s not much, but I lost a character and trying to rebuild. I have an extra life and I need people to complete a survey for me :slight_smile: There are only 2 questions (very short) and I will be giving away a life to a random person who completes it. Please comment that you have completed it so you can be entered because I don’t know how to use surveymonkey that well. I will be giving the life away in around a week (probably next Monday) and good luck :smiley:

Here is the NEW link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TRNXXNC

May the odds ever be in your favour

PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMMENT IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE SURVEY SO YOU CAN HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN BECAUSE SURVEYMONKEY IS ANONYMOUS AND DOESN’T TELL ME WHO HAS TAKEN THE SURVEY!!!

Done. Close this thread now, I wish to claim my prize.

Also, did you write the choices? The ‘It will lead to the downfall of humanity’ gave me a chuckle.

I completed the survey

:slight_smile: thanks for your response. And yes, I did write them haha it’s for a class and I just made some options that relate to my topic

:slight_smile: thanks

That’s smart. If I have a survey I need to give out I’m going to do that. Had to do that in 7th grade. Had to hand email people. I must have had 1 IQ at the time. And I almost picked “It will lead to the downfall of humanity”, but thought how bad can technology be…

Haha thanks, I actually got this idea from another realmeye user who did a giveaway using a survey

Done and please post the result. I just want to know.

Done

I am actually not sure what technology will do. It is entirely possible to either help humanity flourish, or lead to the downfall. If humanity keeps the intelligence and ability of technology in control, we can definitely use it to flourish. However, if too much power is given to the technology, it could very well lead to our downfall.

Done. I think that how technology affects the future will be directly related to how us, as humans, use it. If we use technology to end the world, that would be the downfall. But if we use technology to better the world, it will help us flourish.

interesting survey, I’d like to see the results like Xryu, honestly either of the answers is equally correct, we would need to be able to see the future to get an actual “correct” answer, although I think it’ll lead to our advancement mostly, I don’t think our end will be caused exclusively by one thing, tech could play a large role in it if we either allow the wrong people to get nuclear weapons, or if we end up running ourselves off the planet by using up all of out precious resources. Tech is what will advance us into the future, as humans it’s the best thing we have to do so, but if we don’t watch the dangerous stuff more closely it could also end us as a species, and, maybe, even end all life on Earth.

Finished survey put will end humanity
The bots will take over
RING OF DECADES IS IN STOCK!!!

Done.

Done

Done.

For the first question, I think that tech will get us quite far in advancements, but will also be part of the reason we fall. However, if we’re careful with our actions and not be complete idiot (usually it’s to get $), it’ll lessen the chances of that.

Done.

done

Done

Hi, thank you guys all so much for the responses to the survey. Unfortunately, I did not know that surveymonkey only allows me to see 100 of the responses? I have gotten around 147 and I am very glad with that number. That being said, I’m going to update the link to a brand new surveymonkey link, but it will be exactly the same survey. I just want to have more than 100 responses to get more variety :slight_smile: I have also added another optional question just because I was curious :wink: Also I didn’t want to stop this so early (I wanted to do it for a week and not 2 days haha). To clarify, you do not have to take both surveys to have a chance at winning a life pot, but doing so will be greatly appreciated :slight_smile: Thanks again, and for those who were asking, here are the results for the survey so far :

1. How will technology affect our future?

21% - It will lead to the downfall of humanity
56% - It will help flourish the advancement of mankind
23% - Not sure

Personally, I would have also chosen the second option because of how many people in today’s society are reliant on technology to do everyday tasks. But in the future, with our rapidly increasing advancement on technology, it’s hard to predict how we will be able to tutor it to our benefit, especially on global conflicts such as global warming. I am a sort of optimist and hope that technology will bring the prosperity that it has already brought in the past, like many inventions (most notably the Internet). Today our technology is already very advanced, but we can still push further. Then again, there is the other option that world leaders will abuse technology and cause a potential all out war. In the past this has also happened before, like using chlorine gas (a fairly new technology at that time) during WW1. Only time can tell how we use the technology and if we use it effectively.

1. How much screen time/technology do you use daily on average?

2% - Less than an hour
17% - Between 1 to 3 hours
46% - Between 3 to 8 hours
35% - 8 hours or more

These results are not too surprising as the gap is understandable. There were more in the 4th category than I would have thought, but then I realized that some people work with technology (computers) as a day job and that would bump their usage time up. I personally am in the 3 to 8 hour category as I have school and use my PC after.

Not sure if anyone will read this far but if you have, kudos to you :smiley: And sorry for writing this essay on a casual forum page haha!