Going back to Realm! Any massive changes I should know about?

Nope, not really. The economy is somewhat not-alive…but you can still buy stuff like old tops for a couple pots, if you can find a RealmEye offer for them.

Speaking of which, the T5 abilities are now weaker than their T6 counterparts, and all of them now give you something of a stat. Also, T6 abilities give 20 HP and MP instead of 2 vit and wis - which means that Necros get a pretty sizable +90 HP with a T6 skull.

A bunch of dungeons got reworked or tweaked, a bunch of them got added.
There’s a load of new STs added in older dungeons as well as a couple Realm Heroes (Red Demon, Cyclops God, Phoenix Reborn (not the “Lord”, aka its first phase!!), and Oasis Giant; the last one got a health buff from 650 to 3000).

Oryx 2 has 4 new phases, 2 of which are chosen between his first and last standard shotgun phase. Janus has been slightly reworked and has a cool new sprite.

The Shatters is also now more of a challenge because the Forgotten King’s shots can actually render while you’re at the bottom. The tentacles don’t, though.

This took place during the Kabam era iirc. What Deca did do is fix Seals healing you through sick (i.e. if you were at 700/770, got sickened, and used a T6 seal for +112 max HP, you’d now be at 700/882 instead of 812/882).

Additionally, many many many bosses now have HP scaling, so you’ll generally see less steamrolling.

See also the various #game-discussion:testing topics to see what might bee coming soon(ish).

Colo is also worth a lot

@BlueTurtel there obviously have been numerous additions and changes to the game since you were last here, but one major change has been the wide use of discords by players. Whether you like or dislike them, I do recommend checking some of them out (the invite for the RotMG discord list discord is https://discord.gg/2UjmUZs).

That being said, welcome back to the game! Be sure to give it some time and make your own opinions on it, as I know a lot has changed and some people do feel quite passionately about said changes, one way or another.

-The exalt version requires a substantially better PC to run relative to flash. In the new Oryx Sanctuary dungeon in particular there are instances that require better performance. The Exalt version does run very smooth but and has recently received great visibility improvements but there are still some flaws with it (one being one being that it takes up a large amount of computer memory, I have 16 GB and it takes around an eighth of that).
-Def pots aren’t used as a trading currency like Seelpit said. The economy is more or less non existent after Deca’s events. If you check the recent offers on realmeye, you can see what’s tradable now and considering how long the game has been owned, it really isn’t much compared to the amount of items. That isn’t to say it isn’t impossible to trade, I know a fair amount of people that actively do so and profit from it, but you’re honestly way better off farming for pots over trading them if you don’t have characters.
-I don’t think theres currently a way to lower the position of your character.
-For joining guilds, try to look on the forum section for them as well as the official realm discord: discord.gg/rotmg
Despite the reliance on discords for higher end content, playing with a guild is still an extremely fun experience.

If you have any other questions or even want to join my guild discord to chat, please message me and I’d be more than happy to help you get back into the game if you wish to do so.

Some stuff I forgot to add: many people are going back to school now (I don’t know what your situation is OP), but the game is notoriously addictive. If you do come back to play, try your best to not let it overpower the time you need to succeed in school. The game won’t be going anywhere and the content will gladly wait for you to try it.

-Def pots have gone back to being the most expensive trading currency in the game in my opinion. Life pots and Mana pots are much easier to obtain than when maybe you last played.
-The default trading server is USW3 but you’re better off finding offers on Realmeye Trading. Wizard and Pally would be good characters to farm for pots but once youve gotten used to the game you should try out Lost Halls and Nests, both great for Life pots and Def and other gear.
-In your options, go to Video, and scroll down a bit and change the “Default Camera Angle” to 45. This should give you better vision in front of you. You can now also change your resolution on the Unity Client and increases your vision by a lot now too, so enjoy that.
-There isnt really a “best” way to join guilds, you can search on Realmeye for guilds who are recruiting and have varying requirements to join. Hopping from server to server and playing, you might find people recruiting for their guilds in random realms. Guilds arent as they once were before, you will most likely have to join Discord servers to do group dungeons most efficiently. On the off chance you do find a fun guild that does runs and is active, you should stay and enjoy your time with them.
Have fun and Good luck.

hi. argument stops here please. I’m going to clean this thread up and then we can all move on with our lives.

done. in case any participants missed the point of the aisle cleanup, please refrain from attacking individual users as per our forum rules and guidelines.

you may now resume helping a returning player find their way getting back into the game.

now for my thoughts as an actual user rather than as a moderator, while I can’t give much advice on the specifics of the current rotmg since I quit months ago, I would urge caution against getting letting yourself get too addicted to the game. periodically ask yourself questions like “am I actually having fun?”, “do I feel like I have to play?”, or “if I don’t play, will I feel worse about myself?”

if you can stay on top of that and avoid getting in too deep you may still find some enjoyment in this game. otherwise you’ll probably end up getting smothered by the numbing mind fog surrounding the game’s monetization measures, relentless event abuse, and current playerbase and/or meta.

As another testator, take Xaklor’s advice very seriously. I know they’re already burned out from RoTMG and that would seem natural, but as someone who still very much enjoys this game, potholes and all, keep in check your actual interest with this and other games. I’ve witnessed some of the effects of game addiction become more powerful than some drugs on people first hand.

I know this will never be the case for some people, but to a minor degree, that sort of addiction can indeed numb the mind. More often than not for the average person, either forgetting to assess if you’re truly having fun with a game, prioritizing it over other more important tasks, or both begin to cause problems for individuals, and can contribute to depression at minimum I’d you aren’t careful.

This quickly became less of single targeted statement and more of a general warning for games in general for every player out there.
Just keep yourself in tune with reality and enjoy yourself! Stay in control.

That’s me right now. Perma-death is surely harsh penalty but it really gets me hooked up. To the point that I don’t translate Chinese lyrics to English that often now @ Vocaloid Lyric Wikia.

Well if there is crucial school work I have to deal with, of course I would be less active like you said. I only play the game if I have time to kill.

Acclaim, GGen, Colo, GCookie, and Elvish are usually worths more than a Life pot. Others like GCatcher Trap, RWaki and so on are usually costs a Life pot.

Did I mention the rings? Non-HP UB rings usually worths a Life (although there are pricing of 1 Def or Mana) while HP worths approximately 8 times more! And not surprisingly, they are rarely used! Tiered rainbows ring needs a buff!

As now, all Event and dungeon bosses’ (except Oryx’s Sanctuary) HP scaling formula is:

However, the formula will be outdated in near future.

The upcoming In Combat/Out of Combat in couple weeks. Many things will change such as:

Armored will get nerfed from 2x defence to 1.5x defence.

Defence cap will be increased from 85% to 90%.

Damaging/Berserk will get nerfed from 50% to 25% (I don’t like this change though, I would prefer more players in a realm/dungeon, the less potent the buffs like this: Combat Steamrolling Suggestion),

IC/OoC will test your dodging skill. If you got hit by at least 15 damage, IC will kick in. It will increases your pet’s H/MH cooldown by 3 seconds (likely to be changed). Adding to that, the upcoming system will rejuvenate Vitality after being considered “useless” for few years because of functional pets.

How it will rejuvenate Vit you ask? Base IC duration is 7 seconds, but each 5 Vit you have, the duration gets reduced by 0.2 second. The would-be formula for that is (may be changed as well):
7-((Vit/5)*0.2) Long story short, more Vit, the faster you will get out of IC.

But no worry, if you are “Out of Combat”, your Vit and Wis will double (likely to be changed) and your pet’s H/MH cooldown returns to normal (probably until full HP and MP).

And many more…

Not looking forward to ic/ooc. As an average player who can complete nests as his hardest dungeon, I think the game will become too hard. I think Deca is making a mistake here. I feel like all these changes are going to really change the game, and I think that if you want to Keep a character alive, then you will have to play VERY cautious which will take a lot of the fun out of the game. This is all just my opinion tho.

That’s just life advice in general and is why I can still play the game after (checks realmeye) 9+ years. Take breaks and don’t feel the need to spend all your time doing content you don’t enjoy for an item or something if there’s other parts of the game you like better.

I disagree here. The game has become almost numbingly easy in some cases. If you have a good pet you don’t even have to dodge in glands anymore (just as an example). Of course, having played before pets existed, I have a different perspective on the difficulty of the game. Certain content is difficult for sure, but the majority is not. I think now that transparency is in the game we can safely change the combat system because you can dodge instead of being forced to grouptank shots you couldn’t see before.

Maybe, but for players like me who have only ever had a few 8/8s and have a rare pet, it will probably become much harder then it is now, and I just feel the game will become a lot less fun when you have to get out of fire and spend more time healing. Then again, it basically is just pet stasis so maybe it won’t change that much.

I see people posting discord links here, so let me give you some advice:

Avoid discords as long as possible. There is nothing more soul sapping than being in a discord call where you have to listen to 2 random RLs talk to eachother. It takes so much fun out of the game and will burn you out fast. Instead try to find a guild of high level players who can do these dungeons. Don’t let discords suck all the fun out of the game for you.

Of course, if you happen to enjoy listening to other’s people conversations and them humble bragging about themselves while not having to worry about anything in a large group in-game, then discords are the place for you

1. open discord desktop application
  2. join your personal discord with friends
  3. open discord on the website
  4. join soul sucking raid group
  5. mute the website via volume mixer
  6. talk to friend, ignore RL, Kill, loot, get rich.

That being said if you’re new to a dungeon sometimes RLs can actually be helpful.

OMG someone here is actually smart and actually sees the negative consequences of the changes!

This is a bit dishonest because the 50% opacity sucks.

Honestly if you’ve been playing that long I think that your opinion that the game is too easy is invalid.

To be brutally honest, the veteran players like us don’t matter. Deca should not cater to you or me. They should cater to the noobs as they need to attract and retain players.

To BlueTurtel I say again this is the most unfriendly game for new players that I have ever seen and I would strongly reconsider playing the game unless you have a large amount of time to devote and a some of money to get account items.

My main concern is that the game will be too hard to progress in and that I will die on all my characters, rage a little bit, quit for a little bit, decide to give the game another go, rebuild a lot, and then lose everything again. For me, the process of maxing is very much not fun, and I feel like that’s all I will be doing when it comes out. I really don’t know tho, it could improve the game a whole lot, but it also could ruin the game. I don’t know, and I definitely wouldn’t take my opinion on this, but I fail to see a way that this improves the game other then group tanking/steamrolling where you could just increase hp scaling or make all shots pierce.

But… the OoC will help new players to survive longer as they do not have a pet on their early gameplay.

That’s what happened to my 7/8 Archer with a max rare pet, I was playing too reckless with him and ate a Ghost God’s shotgun without knowing it.

Thanks for all the replies! A lot of genuinely useful info.

I’m slowly getting back into the rhythm of the game, and honestly, it’s tons of fun. I think the trick is to just not take it too seriously:sweat_smile:

I’ll definitely be playing regularly for the foreseeable future.

I was so close, the actual formula is shown @ the Wiki.
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/hp-scaling

Let’s say Janus’s HP scaling as shown in Desmos.

Blue line is my formula.
Green line is what Deca has disclosed or someone else calculated.

But the result, both formulas goes the same direction! Zero difference!