GRum/Drunk lags REALLY bad on Exalt

I’m gonna put this in Tech Support for now bc I don’t think it’s a bug (haven’t heard of anyone else encountering it)

But yeah, GRum causes my FPS to drop tremendously, to the point where the game is unplayable. I have not tested if this is because of the drunk or because of GRum as an item, but I think it’s because of drunk.

here’s two examples:

I’ve experienced this as well, and it makes sense because the game’s essentially putting a Gaussian Blur overlayer for the entire game screen. But holy, that FPS is another level.

yup, i think this is just an issue with exalt.
I get it as well. makes wine cellars unnecessarily scary tbh

I had this issue too! When drunk my fps dropped from 60 to 15. Absurd.

@Triforcej @BaadGuy
Do y’all think this belongs in bugs instead?

moved

Yeah, I tried to solo the wine cellar on my 8/8 mystic (exalt), and the drunk lag was too much. I was only able to do it on my knight, and that was still horrendous with all of that lag.

Before someone calls me out, no, I’m not saying the below response to negate the issue. I just want to provide a view from the other side of the coin. From the clips, this is definitely a serious issue considering one high-tier dungeon (aka WC) is filled with drunk, so if you get the same lag as drinking a GRum…that definitely spells out a lot of problems.

For me, drunk doesn’t actually reduce my FPS. My FPS stays the same, maybe even increases a little for some odd reason. That being said, I do have all of the recommended hardware requirements stated on the Exalt page (everything’s equal, except for the gfx card which is @ GTX1660 instead of GTX1060). Regardless, as much as it says recommended, I don’t think drunk should cause this bad of a performance issue to anyone without the recommended stats, it’s nuts

It is true that I play on a laptop that does not handle gaming well (as demonstrated through the persistent WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in the background of most of my videos)

That’s probably why.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.