Guide to finding Easter Eggs 2019 [Outdated]

EDIT: As of 24th April 7am PST, this guide is no longer relevant as DECA has finally added light blue map dots to indicate the location of all 16 eggs! Happy Easter, and good luck hunting for those Biff UTs!

So, this is my first guide I’m writing because I thought of sharing some of my own personal tips for those eager to find, or even hunt for Biff. As we all know, a little screw up with the game’s coding thanks to the update to quests/bounties back in December has rendered Easter Eggs to not show up as quests to level 20s, but only to level 14s. So here are some tips to help you find Easter Eggs a little easier

1) Where do the eggs usually spawn?
Probably the most vital question to ask. According to the wiki, eggs can spawn pretty much anywhere on the realm. However, after hunting for Easter Eggs in 7 realms, I’ve noticed that the eggs usually spawn in 3 places:

• On the borders between the shoreline and lowlands
  • On the borders between godlands and highlands
  • Somewhere along the roads of the lowlands, midlands and highlands

On the other hand, eggs will never spawn in these areas:

• Unreachable places (eg. middle of deep lakes, out in the ocean, etc.)
  • The beach itself

That being said, those are just the most common areas for eggs to be found. In reality, eggs can appear anywhere in the lowlands, midlands, highlands and even in the godlands.

Now, that is quite a bit to search, but we must remind ourselves that lvl 14s can receive the Easter Egg as a quest, and so thus…

2) How to use an alternate account to find eggs
Firstly, level the character up to exactly 14 or it won’t work. Next, start teleporting around the shoreline in the realm. If an Easter Egg is near the beach, the lowlands or the midlands, you will detect it as there will be no quest blocking it. Use your main account and proceed to destroy the egg.

What are the other quests you may detect? There’s 4 quests that could block Easter Eggs, namely the Urgle, Dark Elf Queen, Oasis Giant and Ghost King.

• If your current quest on the alt is an Oasis Giant or Ghost King, there is still a chance of finding an Easter Egg as a quest if you kill them, so you should do as such

• If your current quest on the alt is an Urgle or Dark Elf Queen, then there are no Easter Eggs in the nearby midlands, lowlands or shoreline. You should TP to a new location on a shoreline to try and locate Easter Eggs elsewhere. Usually TPing to a new location that is a quarter of the map’s length away will be sufficient enough to not miss any eggs.

3) I have TP’ed to just about every area of the shoreline, been getting only Urgle and Dark Elf Queen quests, and Biff hasn’t spawned! What must I do?
If you look at your map and realised that you have TP’ed around the shoreline and cannot find any more eggs…(example below)
…then the last (few) egg(s) must be somewhere in the highlands or on the border between highlands and godlands. Be aware that some maps have 2 areas of godlands, so you must search these 2 borders as well to avoid missing out on an Easter Egg

4) This still takes too long to do…
But it’s still better than blindly searching the Realm as what my friends and I have tried to do in the past. Get your guildies and friends with lvl 14 accounts to speed up the process by dividing sections of the realm for each to explore, and if your Realm agrees to it, ask them not to close the realm and look for Easter Eggs.

Well, that’s all from me, I do hope this guide helps someone enthusiastic enough to invest a handful of time to try and find every Easter Egg in the realm. Let’s hope DECA changes this soon enough.

Why isn’t it a level 20 quest, it would have been so much easier and I would actually get to fight biff

50 fricking realms a day and I cannot fight that buffed bunny

Might have already been mentioned before in another thread, but speculation is that it’s related to how the quests were changed around in a relatively recent update (aka the update that made you start seeing quest icons for elf mages rather than horned drakes after realm close).

The easter eggs and Biff quests only showing up at a very specific level when they used to be level 20 quests last year definitely sounds like a bug to me, and I’m hoping that it will be fixed sometime this week with the holidays being over.
Unfortunately, it really sucks that a good chunk of the event is so difficult to access for the time being, and I don’t even know if we would get compensation for it despite it clearly being a big oversight on Deca’s end.

I’d say this problem is causing a lot of the player base to skip the event. I for one am completely avoiding rotmg until a chest event or something starts because I’m not sitting in a realm waiting for people to miraculously find all the eggs.

Nice little guide tho, too complicated for my taste tho. I’d say this will help people who are much more motivated at finding eggs/biff.

Very understandable. When my guildies and I were trying to find every egg blindly, that took a whopping 3.5 hours to do and was regarded too tedious to our liking. Even by using this guide, a solo player would expect to find all eggs in about 1h assuming they had a perma-speed ninja which despite it being significantly less, is still a load of time that is better off spent in closing the realm and starting a new one.

Hopefully DECA does compensate for these lost days of Easter Egg hunting, definitely seems like an oversight but they have grown silent for quite awhile now.

It’s almost like they aren’t doing anything to fix the problem. I wonder if they did this so we wouldn’t get too bored of biff so early into the event lmao

Things like this really made me lose faith in realm. This can be fixed just by changing Easter egg to a level 15 quest, or temporarily remove urgle and dark elf as quest monsters. Only need to change a few lines in the xml.

They also abruptly ended the April fool event without notice. And the Easter “weekend events” post that would be posted “shortly”? Nothing but total silence.

Just poor game management.

The last one is wrong. I found one in godlands – not on the edge but well inside, on a fully dark ground area – this evening. I suspect they are distributed there as elsewhere, but godlands is such a small fraction of the map’s area that the chance is quite low.

ive seen a few eggs in glands as well. only like 1 or 2 in about 100ish realms, so i would not be surprised if phantom hasn’t seen any in glands itself.

Valid point! I’ll edit the original guide, I’ve never seen them in the godlands itself so I assumed they could never really spawn inside, they have always been on the border of Glands for me haha;;

Heya peeps! As an update, DECA has finally fixed the issue of Easter Eggs by adding them onto the map, indicated by light blue dots. The original post above has been updated to reflect the issue. Now you may all hunt without as much frustration as before! Thanks to those who’ve supported the guide and added constructive comments while it lasted, now go hunt those eggs and get yourself some Biff Whites~

Finally👍🏻

step 1: shoot egg
step 2: shoot bunny
step 3: profit
step 4: have finals over Easter so you actually have no time to farm this event and you’ve gathered a total of 10 chocolate eggs so far and you probably aren’t going to ever get the bunny helm and you feel sad :frowning:

Same :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.