Guild realms

I was about to do a private wc with my guild mates, when i realized how hard it was to find an empty server where we could do the events and in the end Oryx/wc. People started to pop up in our realm as we got closer to Oryx. After a lot of struggles we finally got to do a wc with only guildmates, and it was funny to do the different phases of Oryx1 instead of the regular 5second Oryx pop. Oryx 2 was also way more challenging than the usual permastun from 1+ knights with legendary/divine pets.After doing this i got a great idea which i really think deca should consider adding to the game.

Guilds should in my opinion get the opportunity to create a realm in the guild hall.If deca adds this, people in guilds would get the opportunity to be almost guaranteed loot from events and event dungeons at the cost of hard work (clearing ghost kings, cyclops gods, etc. for events to spawn, instead of waiting for others to do it for them), and risking more (the guildies would have to go deeper and do more damage by themselves than in the usual realms with 40/50+ people). Oryx 1 would also get more dangerous as he enters his other phases instead of just getting shut down at the start.
There are three different ways this feature could work.

1: Adding a permanent realm in the guild hall at higher levels.

Pro: Guild hall upgrades doesnt feel to relevant as they only increases the guild halls size.Adding a permanent guild realm in the hall at later upgrades will make the guild hall upgrades feel more relevant.
This will also reduce the amount of people in normal realms.

Cons: Getting the guild hall to higher levels might be a problem for smaller guilds, and people could hesitate to start their own guild instead of joining another already upgraded guild hall.
Playing without a good guild will put you at a major disadvantage.

2: Guilds paying guild fame to open a temporary realm in the guild hall. The price could be around 25 000 guild fame, and this will open a fresh realm which dissapears forever when the realm closes. The guild may open a new realm at any time, but only leaders or the founder are allowed to spend guild fame to open a realm.

Pros: The guild realm will be available for fresh guilds as well as veteran guilds.
This makes it harder to open realms for guilds with few people which is fair (less people to share the loot with). The guild realm will be more like an event guilds can host, rather than a permanent option.

Cons: Won’t feel too special for huge guilds unless many of the members are offline. (One way to fix this could be excluding recruits from the realms, only allowing members, officers, leaders and the founder. This could be an opportunity for guilds to decide who’s allowed to join their realm.)
Guilds will spend fame on guild realms instead of upgrading the guild hall.

3: This option combines the two of them. The guild needs to pay guild fame for each temporary realm, but the temporary guild realms will require an upgraded guild hall. (Further upgrades could allow the guild to have several active realms).

Pros: This is probably the best option as it combines the good parts of the previous options. Guild hall upgrades will feel more relevant.
Guild realms will still feel like an event, and won’t constantly keep the normal realms empty.

Con: Several realms in each guild hall might be harsh on the servers. (The idea really doesnt need several realms).

Pros and cons for deca games.
Con: People might buy less keys as private dungeons are accessible in the private realms.

Pro: This feature might bring back old people as well as keeping present players from leaving ROTMG.

Made by @Ivisumoni
Sorry for no sprites, I didnt feel the need.

I have seen many ideas similar to this one, and while I agree it would be awesome I believe it is basically confirmed that this will not be added to the game in the foreseeable future.
I would love to be proven wrong tho.

Edit: And this is also listed under “Common ideas to avoid”:

Very exploitable.
Create a guild for a small amount of fame and you have your own personal events, wcs, glands and dungeons

@vladypoot
The guild hall would have to be upgraded couple of time for guild fame, and you need to use at least 10 000 guild fame for each realm (which will be gone after it closes). I dont see how people can easily exploit it.

that would be the end of the public realms and it sounds kinda playing single player game.

Im just sharing my dreams and hopes for the future of ROTMG, but you are absolutely right, it will most likely not happen.

The sheer number of guilds means you’d likely need a few thousand times the server space we currently have for this idea to work.

Not to mention one of the foundations of this game is the absence of separation between players. If all the guilds play in their own personal realms, starting in the regular realms will be a nightmare for newer players.

The realm would dissapear forever after it is closed. It is more of a guild hosted event rather than a constant guild realm, but maybe the fame price should be adjusted.

You are right about the server problem, but guilds wouldnt be able to afford constant realms, without playing in normal public ones. Maybe the guild fame price should have been raised by a lot though.

Then literally no experienced players/guilds would go in normal realms

i need this feature NOW

Empty the public realms and leave the new, unmaxed players fight their way alone at the godlands :frowning: next step is to make it single player.
Anyway bring solutions at this: Check what hour is in each server and play one that is currently at 3-4am. Right now at EuSouthWest is 2:00am and it’s almost empty everyday at this hour (Between 20-40 players in a realm). What happens with Oryx is that people browse around servers until they find one with only liches/ents left. Anyway it’s really fun to see Oryx realize all his dances/moves and the carnage it does to some people that do shatters easily.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll definitely try it out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.