Gunnlogi (Sword)

Gunnlogi
F%20sword
A sword forged from stars early in creation; its flames vibrant and brilliant. Its awesome power can only be used by a wielder of a worthy mind and will. Gunnlogi or “War-Flame” is its name.
C%20bolt Gunnlogi Bolt
Base Damage (BD): 200
Damage Mod: BD + MP%
Overall Range of Damage: 200 - 300
Range: 3.5
Fire Rate: 90%
Drop: Shaitan

Thoughts: A sword that scales with the user’s percentage of MP. Maximum damage is 300 at 100% MP. At 90% fire rate, its dps can range from being comparable to a Csword to exceeding Cutlass. Since it relies on MP percentage, users who spam their ability will suffer from this scaling as their MP will naturally drop consistently. Obviously if you’re “Quiet” you would want to opt for another sword for the duration. Even though it has an overall “range” of damage, its property is similar to the Ray Katana where there is no Max or Min. But the idea is this sword rewards players who keep their ability in check.

What if players just swap swords when their mp is low
Even if players swap out swords for the time their MP is low, it still results in rewarding player input and that it would have to be constantly anyways because of the fluctuation of MP depending on the situation. And its not as if constantly swapping gear for advatage is not a thing.

Isn’t spamming a buffer with a normal tiered sword just better
In some cases yes, but if you time you’re buffs and abilities in regards its duration, this sword will actually be superior as with timing, you’ll generally be at 60% MP, regenerating to 100% which will eventually result in higher dps in the buffer duration. And it is especially effective when you’re being buffed by others so you don’t have to waste MP.

Isn’t it just a better Sword of the Colussus
Despite 300 damage being comparable, the 90% fire rate keeps this sword from ever exceeding Colossus and players would have to be at 100% MP all the time for that anyways. This sword can become as weak as a Csword. But its more conventional shot pattern coupled with its potential dps may make it desirable.

(Just some counter-arguments i thought of)

Pretty good idea but the sprite need some work

Could you explain the damage mod to me? AFAICT, the base damage (which is 250 as the average), - 1x(-CurrentMP/MaxPossibleMP). So if ur mana bar is full, then it becomes 250 (on average) - 1(-(1)), which means that ur damage goes up 1 when ur mana is full? Am I just misunderstanding this?

The range is just accounting for the possible damage the weapon can have depending on the percentage of mana. It is not the Base Damage or any actual average. It’s simply to showcase the minimum and maximum damage the sword can have if anything. BD is of course the minimum.

So for the function Damage = BD - 1(-(MP%), BD is a constant at 200. MP% in this case is (current MP/Maximum MP) x 100 so when MP is at 50% or .5, the sword gets a boost of 50 points thus now having a damage of 250. As the MP% can change from 0% to 100% so does the overall damage resulting in a range of 200 - 300 damage.

Honestly now that i think about a simpler function would be Damage = BD + MP% where BD is the constant of 200 while MP% is the control variable.

ohh, ok that makes much more sense. I’ll have some critiques for you possibly later.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.