Hallucinating Change

A very straight forward change:
The hallucinating effect changes all sprites to random sprites that already exist in the given dungeon/area, rather than changing to completely random sprites.
So, hallucinating in candyland results in only candyland sprites, mwoods with mwood sprites, etc.

It’s simple but it probably isn’t something that can be easily implemented, and it definitely isn’t necessary by any means.

Hallucinating irl is seeing random things so I don’t think this would fit

This game has never tried to be realistic in my memory

Not sure if this is a joke lol

Regardless of what it does irl, because that’s entirely irrelevant when it comes to game design (when’s the last time you got confused and decided to spontaneously attack yourself), this change would make hallucinating a more relevant effect because you might not even notice that you are hallucinating at first and would easily mistake, let’s say, a unicorn for a big cream puff, and that could hurt a lot

Yeah, that makes sense, but from a gameplay perspective hallucinating only masks sprites rather than actually deceiving the player.

I guess the real question is whether or not the effect should be deceiving players in the first place. By it’s current nature, I’d say yes.

This is exactly what I would expect from a change like this, thanks for pointing it out since I wasn’t very specific.

Hallucinating isn’t a very debilitating effect at the moment imo and a change like this could make a difference.

I agree with this! Not that it would likely affect me much, but it would be a nice touch.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.