Haunted Cemetery: A (Mostly) Comprehensive Change List

It behaves like the walking horrors in parasite, where even if they are stunned they still shoot the AoE. The caretaker doesn’t shoot the petrify bullet whilst stunned though.

On a side note, werewolves and the zombie hulks still drop low tier equipment (eg. t5 weapons) and I think this should either be removed or the tiers increased to reflect the new difficulty.

Pumpkin king and soul’s guidance sprites are kind of weird imo. I would say I like these changes, plus I gotta get that thicc wand for my ppe

BUT HE WAS NUMBER ONE

Very excited for this much-needed dungeon reboot, but I definitely want to second a guaranteed pot from Skuld from everyone who got SB. The dungeon will still take quite a long time (though increased pacing is for sure appreciated), and it would be nice to as very least leave with a speed pot.

Looking forward to trying it myself (boy I wish steam users could access testing… Any potential of making it an alternative play path like Rifts?)

Testing is a completely separate account from prod; you may as well just make one on browser/flash.

Well, now I feel pretty dumb… Thanks for the info!

I’ll try to structure this reply by splitting my feedback into the different parts of the dungeon. I tested this dungeon on a Paladin, both petless and with a maxed electric pet, both times maxed (8/8).

At the end, I’ll give overall thoughts on the dungeon as a whole, as well as my thoughts on the item changes.

TL;DR: Dungeon changes are good, Plague change is nice, Resu change is fun, Wand looks fun and viable as swapout, Etherite is still OP, Cloak could be a good swapout, Armor can be good on Assassin, Ring is useless, full ST set is useless.

Uhhh I apologise in advance for the semi-attacking tone this post has gotten towards the end of it (mainly about the ST set), I’m tired as I write this and I tend to get bad at wording things nicely and concisely when I am tired.

I hope you, the reader, can read past that and realise that I do mean this as a constructive post. Where I could think of solutions to problems I’ve tried to provide them, and where I haven’t been able to, I’ve attempted to explain the problem clearly.

Troll Matriarch

Still more of a nuisance than a challenge, though in the waves up to the boss fight, an unmaxed player with a lower level pet may get in trouble if they’re on their own and unable to dodge bullets.

Ghost Bride

After killing Fate or Glory, the Ghost Bride immediately starts attacking again - I could see this catching a lot of players, especially of the melee variety, off-guard. It might be good to make it wait a short duration (~0.5s) before attacking as well as give it a short flash of colour (similar to other bosses’ phase changes).

Pumpkin King

I’m sorry to say, but I’m not much of a fan of the sprite. Yikes, I can’t think of a way to word this such that it looks somewhat constructive, so I’ve put it in another bulletpoint. Feel free to skip it.

Sprite rant

I’m really bad at creating any sort of art, so take my words with a grain of salt on this subject. I also don’t mean to bash on the sprite creator, it’s purely the sprite I’m trying to give feedback on, not you as a creator. This sprite looks far better than anything I could create myself.

I would expect daggers to be well… shorter. I would also think they’d look better if they were held upright. I’d make his spine maybe a pixel shorter, and make his arms start a pixel lower as well, atm it looks like he has(had?) a really large upper body and no neck. This also has to do with the fact that his head is only 3 pixels wide, but 8 pixels wide. It makes it look flatter than I’d expect of a pumpkin, somewhat more similar to its pumpkin minions perhaps?

Game-play wise, I like the overall progression of this round. +It seems to start off quite easy, but if you try to tank everything are too careless, you’re in for a world of hurt, with the Risen Mummies doing most of the work. I was caught off-guard by them myself, not having read the specific changes prior to trying out the Haunted Cemetery in testing. I figured I could safely ignore the Risen Mummies, since they did only 12(70) damage to me. This quickly turned more painful than I expected, leaving me visibly confused as to where these high-damage shots came from.

I expect this to become a source of death and/or anger for a fair few newer players. This might be one of the things which causes them to not attempt this dungeon for a while after. Not necessarily a bad thing, considering the overall difficulty of the dungeon is raised now.

Grave Caretaker

Heck, this boss is scary. A small(?) mistake almost cost me dearly. Lesson learned. Never stand where the boss is moving to.

The added slow and paralyse for the archer make them much more of a danger to deal with. I like how this transformed the battle from “be careful of the brawlers and ignore the rest” to “I actually have to dodge some shots now”, or for unmaxed characters probably closer to “shit I got slowed *nexus*”.

Ghost of Skuld

The Zombie Hulk and Classic Ghosts being beefier is definitely noticeable. I found myself wondering why they died so slowly multiple times. This keeps you on your toes though, especially if you’re on an unmaxed character, since there will be more shots around. The added ability to inflict Slowed which the Zombie Hulk now has, combined with the raised damage of the Werewolves and the added Curse of the Classic Ghosts make this round the most challenging to clear. Still pretty much a walk in the park for maxed characters with pets (at least, Paladin which has a frankly overpowered healing ability in its current state), but it was noticably more difficult on petless.

As for the boss fight itself, on my first run I found it to be surprisingly challenging. Note that my first run was petless (I’ll be honest, I just forgot to equip my pet). I found myself circling the room quite a bit, trying to dodge everything as well… I was playing without pet. Watching the footage again and reading the notes on the boss fight, it’s now painfully obvious to me that that was one of the worst things I could’ve done. Had I not been on a maxed Paladin, I would surely have had to nexus there. I suppose an unmaxed group would have to stick to one corner, deal with the zombies that spawn there and then hit the boss if they have any attention to spare.

That being said, it’s still possible to sit next to the boss and not have to move for the majority of the fight, if the player is maxed and has a good pet. I think it’s a pity, since I found the fight much more engaging while I was running around in circles, spawning zombies without end. A possible fix is to make the Paralyse shots aimed towards the closest player (as well as perpendicular and backwards), this would increase the amount of movement a maxed character would have to do to sustainably defeat the boss. Another alternative would be to push the IC/OOC changes to prod. Might be best to wait for that, actually, since that would solve the ‘issue’ of facetanking the boss entirely.

For the last phase, getting paralysed is scary as heck. It caught me off-guard how much damage the boss deals in this phase after getting paralysed, even on a maxed character. I’ll be dodging those shots in the future for sure.

Overall thoughts + Loot

I like these changes. A lot. The cemetery became something I might consider doing every now and then, rather than that one dungeon I never really enter despite really liking the items that drop in there (resu, plague, etherite and the cloak for running across the realm). Previously, it was tedious, slow and unrewarding to even consider running the dungeon. Today, I did two runs on testing (both solo) and walked away with 10 speed and 2 defense potions (I haven’t seen the non-guaranteed pots yet).

It’s still not quite rewarding enough to farm just for the purpose of farming potions, as it took me about 30 minutes to run these two dungeons (granted, solo runs are slower, especially petless). However, the additional chance of getting a few UTs and STs I’ve wanted for a long time make me consider farming this dungeon for speed, instead of snake pits or godlands. As @Furyborn mentioned, it would be good if there were a second guaranteed potion, so that there’s an incentive to enter this dungeon as a (small) group rather than alone. When you only get 2 or 3 speed potions and a defense potion, the loot is simply not worth it for the amount of time you put into the dungeon.

Can’t really comment on droprates of the STs and UTs, other than “yay, it won’t take 500+ cems to have a decent shot at getting a plague anymore”. I dreaded even thinking about wanting a plague poison because of the sheer time and boredom this would cause me. Now I might give this a fair few runs to see if I have any luck with these increased droprates.

Items
Plague Poison

Comparing with the T6 poison:
T6 - 9 damage/MP, 155.56 damage/sec
Plague - 8.89 damage/MP, 80 damage/sec
Roughly, it has the same efficiency with half the dps. Considering that it has a slower throw time than the T6, but a larger radius, it looks to me like a viable alternative. If you want things dead fast, use the Murky Toxin, if you want to clear large groups, but don’t care how long it takes, use Plague, in other situations you might use the T6.

Resurrected Warrior's Armor

Compared to the stats of the previous Resu, this change is actually significant in my eyes. While it’s still completely redundant on a Warrior, this change opens up some possibilities for interesting builds on a Paladin or Knight.

Interesting Resu builds

You could reach up to 100 wisdom on a Paladin using the Resu and Ring of Geb.

• Combining this with an Oreo, you could reach an invulnerability time of 2 seconds. This would come with a significant trade-off of survivability, as you would only have 47 defense (up to 50 with the Keychain Cutlass). Interestingly, if you use the Scholar’s Seal, swap to an Oreo and then buff using the Oreo 5-8 seconds later, you get an additional 23(.75) wis bonus, bringing you up to a theoretical 2.184(?) seconds of invulnerability. Whew.
  • Combining this with a gcookie, you could reach a health buff of 125 health. Comparing this to the standard of 75 wis, you only get 13 health out of the deal. Not really significant in my eyes. Adding on the buff of the Scholar’s Seal, you get an additional 23 wis out of the deal, bringing you up to a health bonus of 136 HP (+24 compared to T6 without Scholar’s Seal).

Combining the Resu with a Knight, you can have a maximum MP of 632(!!!), using the Keychain Cutlass (50), Resu (150), UBMP (180) for a total of 252+380=632 MP, or in other words, 7.4 seconds of invulnerability when using the Crystal Shield. Absolutely useless, but hey it’s fun!

Yeaah, so maybe running a Resu on a Pally is good for a few giggles, but on the Knight, having 632 MP is actually amazing, allowing you to deal a lot of damage in a short time, or prolong your permastun, in case your pet isn’t as good. When the status immunity changes hit, though, I’m afraid the Resu will lose its effective use, as permastunning won’t be a thing and it’s a swapout at best for the Paladin.

Note that I’m completely disregarding the Samurai class as I have yet to play it, and I have no clue about its ability items and UTs, let alone how wismod has a role.

Enough about the Resu.

Soul's Guidance

With the same average damage as a T9 wand, this wand’s raw stats don’t look too amazing to me. With a 5% chance to trigger when being hit, it doesn’t seem to me that it should affect your overall DPS too much (unless you’re a prot priest maybe), since wand classes are meant to be at a long range and have ample time to dodge shots in most situations.

It looks interesting though, after doing some math and guesstimation, I’ve concluded that it might work as an alternative to a tiered wand, if you get hit enough :thinking: - Detailed calculations in the spoiler below.

TL;DR: It might be worth it if you get hit enough

Since the frequency of the Soul Damage isn’t shown, I will go ahead and assume that it’s part of Soul Drain, similar to how poisons report a “Damage on impact” which is part of the total damage shown in the tooltip. This will effectively give you an additional 100 dps for 5 seconds. Assuming that the Soul Drain effect is triggered once a second for each second of its lifetime, this will give you a total of 4000 damage (triggers 8 times) over 13^[first 5s interval triggers at the first second, last 5s interval triggers at 8th second] seconds, or deals on average 307 extra dps. Considering the dps of a T9 wand across the different classes (assuming WC tops), this’ll give a 29/21.7% increase in DPS at 0 def, during that 13s period after triggering the enchantment. This combined would mean you have a higher dps than a T13 wand, but one should keep in mind that you only have this added dps for a portion of the time.

I’m too tired right now to calculate the amount of shots you need to get hit by, on average, to make this wand a viable alternative to a T13 wand. It could be done though. Maybe later.

Interesting item. Considering it gives a 6% fame bonus, it could be a good alternative to a tiered wand.

Skuld ST set

Quick point of feedback on the description: The description is incredibly lengthy now. If the cloak shoots a paralyzing nova around the user and grants the user the invisibility status effect, I would remove the “Damage: 100” and “Effect: Paralyzed for 1.6 seconds” near the top of the description, and move the “Ethereal Disruption” part to below the Invisibility bit, to make sure all similar effects are grouped together, and you don’t have “Damage: 100” and “Effect: Paralyzed for 1.6 seconds” in two different places in the same description.

Huge rant about set's total stats

In total, on a maxed Rogue using this set, you’ll have:

850 HP, 432 MP
54 ATT, 32 DEF (yes, really)
77 SPD, 80 DEX
42 VIT, 63 WIS

Comparing that to the previous Skuld 2 The ReGhostening set:
900 HP (+50), 292 MP (-140)
55 ATT (+1), 37 DEF (+5)
79 SPD (+2), 80 DEX
44 VIT (+2), 44 WIS (-19)

Comparing the new ST Skuld set to the following set:
Foul, T6 cloak, Hydra, UBMP

770 HP (-80), 432 MP
50 ATT (-4), 42 DEF (+10)
80 SPD (+3), 84 DEX (+4)
42 VIT, 52 WIS (-11)

32 defense is far from enough to feel safe in any setting, even when cloaked.

Additionally, the MP/second cloaked isn’t worth it. Looking at a petless situation: With the full set equipped, you can cloak for 4 times in a row without lacking MP. After the 4th time, you’ll have to wait an additional second before being able to cloak again. Effectively, that’ll be 25 seconds of cloak time in a total time of 31 seconds.

Comparing that to the tiered alternative above, given that the T6 cloak only costs 85 MP to cast, you’ll be able to cloak 6 times in a row without having to worry MP, that’s 33 seconds cloak time in 39 seconds. after this, you’ll have to recover MP for about 7 seconds before being able to cloak a seventh time.

The mantle: I don’t see this having any use other than on the Assassin. The MP is really not needed on Rogue, unless you have a terrible pet (A player with level 70 MHeal can already permacloak with tiered cloaks, nearly permacloak with planewalker iirc) and the wisdom doesn’t do much good either.

I don’t see myself ever doing anything else than drop that ring, put the mantle on an Assassin (it’s better than Harley if you prefer 20 MP over 5 def or are too lazy to farm puppets), use the Etherite as a poor man’s Cronus (only because Cronus is that much more sexy) and keep the cloak as a swapout that might never be used. It might be useful when farming dungeons, to paralyse bosses such as Septavius or Limon, but I have yet to play with it to give final judgment on whether I’d use it.

In conclusion, this set has:

• Good utility (paralyse on a cloak? Interesting!)
  • Awful Survivability
  • Okay Mobility (similar to using T6 cloak)
  • Bad DPS (low offensive stats compared to current meta)
  • Mediocre longevity (ability use lasts longer with tiered alternative sets, though I guess the cloak is supposed to be a swapout either way).

The full set is very underwhelming, even for a player who might not have a great pet. 32 defense is simply too little to serve as anything but a joke, unless you compensate for it with DPS, survivability or mobility. This set does none of these things. Instead, it focuses on MP and recovery thereof, as well as utility in the paralyse of the cloak. Since the cloak works fine on its own, I wouldn’t recommend anyone to use the full set as is, instead I’d suggest to use the items separately as swapouts or pet food.

Bugs

I found myself wondering what would happen if I were to stand in such a place, that the gates would close on me.

Well, this is the result. Not sure if anything can be done about it to completely remove the issue, but a similar teleportation to the next arena for the tiles surrounding the gate might solve the situation in most cases.

Thanks for reading, now go kill stuff!

Something that I’ve noticed in big groups: there’s a notable lack of piercing attacks in the dungeon.
They only start showing up frequently in the final round with the Classic Ghost and Zombie Hulk having them, and none of their attacks are that scary - granted, its armor-breaking charge attack is, but you can just walk it out most of the time.
Sure, the Apparition’s spiral attack may multihit, but 55 damage is laughable for any character with some defense.
Sure, the Vampire’s bats may also pierce, but they also deal only 55 damage.

Giving the bosses more piercing attacks, as well as possibly a few of the minions, would make the dungeon a bit less of a steamroll up to Skuld’s rage in greater groups.

Me, connecting together the dots that the Ghost Bride has a line about serving a tyrant, and her blurb in this post talking about a familiar face: wait a second what if Skuld was her wife-

FUCK

sorry for making you guys fail no nut november

ghost bride is gay for skuld “confirmed” smug

Am I the only one who thinks this sprite was a hastily drawn sprite? I’m not saying I could do any better, but it just doesn’t feel like an rotmg sprite to me. It almost looks like something off of Darza’s Dominon xd

it’s an unused kabam sprite from back when kabam was working on the original version of the cem. had kabam made this version of cem to begin with, you’d have ended up with the same sprite anyway.

it’s still not great, but despite the beefs people have had with quality there’s a legitimate case for keeping it around.

I feel like all of the added new wing is kinda disgusting. Its a massive quality drop, even compared to the cem itself

Nah, even Darza’s has better sprites

Kabam just had some crap sprite designs

it still feels like a drag imo but atleast the bosses actually drop something now. imo there should be no invuln time on the minions spawning in to make it more fluid but it is better

Yoo yeah that other guy said it was a kabam sprite. And that makes sense, it being a pretty low quality sprite lol. And yeah tbh I like the shrine boss sprites on Darza and harb sprites.

as someone who actually read all of realm eye’s responses, I’m really curious as to what this could mean

IT"S GUILL< HE"S FAMILIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!