Helm of Champions

###Helm of Champions

The crown of the colosseum, those that wear this have proven themselves champions of crude brutal fighting in the grueling battles of the arena.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 100
  • Duration: 5
  • Cooldown: 5.5
  • Range: 4
  • Effect: Berserk to self, Armor Broken to enemies, Armor Broken to self, 150 damage in AOE
  • Stat Bonus: +5 Def, +75 HP
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 600

####Drops From:

• The Arena or
  • Haunted Cem (This seems like the most gladiator like dungeon)

####More info
The helmet sprite is inspired from the film Gladiator. I like the idea of a helm where you challenge your enemies in a fight of Mobility and skill where every strike deals significantly more damage.

Can’t say I’m a fan of the effect, but sprite looks like it’s… in pain. Like, great pain.

First of all the +5 def is just redundant, you are just getting armor broken anyway. Second of all the warrior does not have any other defense then its speed and def, meaning if you take away both of these no one will dare to get into melee range to kill something. The entire concept of this helm doesn’t work, even for teamwork this helm is extremely inefficient you are risking your character by running into aoe range of the armor break effect just to get one shotted because you have 0 defense.

double-edged sword…

worse then that, it removes the already weak sides and increases the already (unnecessary) strong sides.

The helm is definitely not meant to be a general use solo helmet, if you look at alot of the highest def enemies, most of them arnt actually that dangerous to get close to. e.g the stone guadians, avatar, sarcs. But armor breaking them can speed up kills by a massive amount, which is probably why it is such a scarce mechanic in the game. The only way i could think of balancing it was to give it a huge downside in order to make its uses very niche.

Your right in that the 5 def is kinda useless and i did consider removing it for more hp, but it seems counter intuitive to have a helmet with no def, imagine having a shield with no def.

If it ends up still being too weak we can always switch out the downside for something less drastic, like a self inflicting bleed, or a massive mp cost.

seems really useless

how does the armor break to enemies work? I dont even think the Warrior should have armor broken anyways. Armor Break + Berserk = Game Breaking Item really, even if it armor breaks yourself. Too op and broken in my opinion.

i think it should drop at a specific round in the arena or smth, as rn the only purpose for the arena is to compete to see what wave you can get to

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.