Help me choose my friends [Pets]

I have a question I have two pets, one last has the skill electric and the other decoy which one is better to choose?

A cute way to write the thread title :3

Electric can mess up a lot of things during battle. I would probably go with decoy, but I don’t really know a ton about pets.

As long as both pets have heal and mheal (in whichever order) as the first two abilities, the choice comes down to personal preference. I have mained an mheal/heal/decoy pet for a while now, and have occasionally used an electric pet as well. Both abilities can really save your butt in a variety of scenarios (especially when being chased by a fast enemy), and are useful in their own ways.

Electric is certainly the more popular of the two; if you like the ability to make your enemies stop moving and deal them large amounts of damage, this one is for you. Especially as the level gets higher, the ability is quite effective at rendering enemies immobile and helping you to finish them off. If you do a lot of dungeons solo and want to kill enemies a little faster, electric is the go-to. However, there are times when paralyzing an enemy isn’t the ideal strategy; tomb boss fights can be screwed up by this, and mistiming it in a sprite world can result in a rather embarrassing death. Overall a very solid ability, used by many.

Decoy takes some practice, since it makes enemies think that your character is actually where your pet is (as opposed to a trickster decoy, which creates another entity, and your character can still be targeted) (also, invisible characters are not put in danger by their decoy pets, despite what you might hear elsewhere). I find that it is very helpful when you are circling enemies like ent gods or slime gods, or when you have numerous minions chasing you, as you can kill them off safely while still dragging them around (as opposed to electric, which will just freeze the enemies in place and require you to finish them off later if you want to kill them). With enough practice, decoy can be exceptionally useful and save your character’s life many times over. That being said, it does require a lot of experience and skill before the ability becomes useful, and it only works while the pet is flashing. The lack of damage does lead many players to choose electric over decoy, so it really is up to you. Overall, I would say that decoy is just as solid an ability as electric, but only once you learn how to use it, which can take some time (also remember that I am biased towards decoy, though).

• Electric
  • Decoy

0 voters

I don’t know what decoy is like but electric is really good

I don’t know what any of them is like but decoy is really good

thanks yo guys
very much!!!

Electric makes you lose friend of the cubes when you afk on the beach. Personally I prefer electric for rushing and abbys, and bilgewater is way harder sithout electric. Decoy is good for dragging godwalls I hear though.

No it doesn’t; I personally tested this myself when I was looking for pcaves when that hook was released.

Coulda sworn… ok i guess. btw got hook yet? ecksdee

Too many hooks.

One thing about electric that I find the tiniest bit annoying, is I’ll ask Guill for pots, tab out for a second, and my pet will have already killed the chest, and I end up waiting to ask for more. :expressionless:

edit: my grammar bad but I’m too lazy to fix it.

edit^2: to actually answer the question. I’d go for electric 100%, the utility it provides is way more than decoy, and the places where it can be negative (tomb and tenuously sprite world), it is simple enough to just not place your pet on the boss. Overall, it just makes things much more convenient to kill.

Electric good
Decoy bad

Source: I have maxed legendaries with either stat.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.