Help me play Mystic!

I just unlocked Mystic (shocker) and I don’t know what the hell I’m doing.
So I have some questions about the Mystic and her gameplay/play style.

1. Whats the best staff for her? (I have EP, reskin EP, Spirit staff, Cosmic, Phylactery, and Sentient staffs)
  2. Whats the best orb? (I have Aether and T6)
  3. How do I use the orb (and Aether) effectively?
  4. What is the best robe for her? (I have GSORC and Shendyt)
  5. Whats the best ring for her? (I have Deca, Nile, and some ST and tiered rings)
  6. What is Mystic good at, all around and in certain dungeons like LH and Shatts?
  7. What items should I be grinding for?

Thanks for your advice!

Stick with Cosmic and have Ep as a swapout if you wish, however you won’t find all too much use for it.

T6 is your main orb that you will probably be using, but aether is also very helpful. Use the t6 and the aether for when you need to slow or paralyze enemies.

Aether is very easy. Click on the area that you want to affect. Tiered orbs are different. The tiered orb does two AoE effects: Stasis and curse. Stasis is smaller and in the middle, while curse is larger and much bigger than the stasis. That means that you can curse enemies while not applying stasis if you move the AoE far enough away from them. It takes some getting used to, but curse enemies without applying stasis and stasis only when you need an enemy stasised.

Personally I think it’s Soulless, since mystic benefits very little from wisdom and would benefit greatly from the survivability, but you can’t go wrong with a tiered robe.

Go with Deca for similar reasons

Mystic is the class best for crowd control. Stasis enemies you do not wish to deal with and act accordingly, whether it be rushing by them, handling other enemies or giving yourself a breather. The mystic can also apply the effect curse to a wide area of enemies to help the group dps.

Nothing specifically since I believe a mystic with tiered equipment can perform just about as good as a fancy mystic, but if you don’t have a soulless, I recommend you get one.

Camp’s answered most, but here are some of my takes.

Usually, your main “job” as Mystic is to Curse enemies. Most bosses are Stasis Immune, making this a much easier process than in, say, godlands.

Talking about that, I personally tend to use my Orb somewhat in front of me, so I can position my Stasis outside of the gods I’m aiming for, while still Cursing them.

Between GSorc and Shendyt, I would personally advise the former if you want slightly more DPS, and the latter if you want slightly more survivability.
Your self-buff of Berserk already pumps up your DPS quite well, but you may enjoy slight increased in damage that GSorc grants.
Both of them should also grants you an extra .1 second of Berserk, which, though pretty small, may help in semi-perma-buffing.

This depends on your pet. Considering you only recently unlocked, I’ll presume your pet isn’t of too high a level: therefore, I would recommend a ring that grants wisdom, to help with regaining MP, as well as / or defensive stats, to help you stay in fights longer.
Nile doesn’t quite fulfill those - it’s more of an offensive ring.
Decades is overrated, in my opinion; considering that, for you, it will mostly just be a lot of waiting for your HP to finish regenerating.

I would personally simply recommend Expo, just cause it’s that good of a safe bet. Can’t ever go wrong with it.

People really hate it when mystics accidentally stasis in glands. A simple trick for this is to place your cursor on the character and press space to curse a lot of gods around you.

Step 1: Stasis
Step 2: Sit on something with EP
Step 3: EP
Step 4: Profit??

Mystic is kinda helpful in a void if there are a lot of minions and you can’t deal with them all at once. In a cult, if you’ve got the balls, mp pots and magic heal pet, you can try stasis rushing in a cult (I’ve done it a couple times with a group)
She’s much more useful in a shatters though, stasising the mages on the run to bridge while people take advantage of the stasised minions to take out the switches. You can also stasis the blue bird during that phase of the twilight archmage fight.

Gsorc is a standard. Shendyt is a bit of a mix between Gsorc and Soulless (which is better for more survivability).
If you’re able to get them, some other good robes would be toga or water silk. Both look more in the offensive direction.

ME NOW!!!
I’m dong a mystic ppe right now so…

1. Best individual staff is and always will be tiered. Use phylactery if you have the rest of the st set. EP and spirit staff are both a joke.
  2. Aether and T6 are both good options. Individual best would probably be conflict but if you’re like me, you’ll never get it :frowning:
  3. First off, know when to stasis. Nothing is worse then a bad stasis but a good stasis can be incredible, ecspecially in keeping shatters kind of clean. Additionally, curse is a really nice damage buff. Aether is alright but I would say t6 is generally better.
  4. I would say gsorc because mystic has low base stats. The atk buff of gsorc is nice and is more neccesary for mystic then for necro or wizard.
  5. CROWN!! Anything that gives atk along with hp works well :smiley:
  6. Mystic is good in any dungeon that benefits from damage buffs. It can be a rusher if you’re willing to spend those mp pots (or have a powerful pet). Aether can be used anytime paralyze or slow was useful
  7. conflict, crown (or ice crown)

Will the reskin EP be better since the projectile sprites are way larger?

Since you have to sit on enemies to make the best use of EP, it shouldn’t really matter either way

Oh, true…

1- T12
2- T6. Aether is op for Cems
4- Gsorc
5- Deca
6- Mystic is pretty good to rush every dungeon (not talking about single room dungeons). Great to go straight to the point of battles. Can save you and your allies, when there are a lot of mobs chasing you.
7- With the set I said you to have, you are pretty good to go. But a dream Mystic would be T13 staff/cult staff; conflict; mother star or water silk robe; deca/crown/omni.

As for number 3, heres a good mystic guide of how to use her properly:

Also, if you just want to curse or self buff, just target the cursor a little bit away from mobs that can be stasis (try a little straight up away from them).

first of all, its the mysthicc
second they will remove the ability to stasis janus chest and wyvern chest, try doing these as much as possible to stasis.
In seriousness

1. T12, t13 if you can get your hands on it
  2. T6 is for general use and the best orb in general
    3 Aether is simple, spawn the thingy right on the enemy for paralyze, and enemies not exactly next to it will get slowed, T6 has a stasis in the middle with a curse radius that is larger than stasis, make sure not to curse the entire group of enemies
    4 use gsorc for now, if you buy/get it, get Soulless
    5 Just use Deca/UBHP atm
    6 In shatts it is useful for stasising the enemies before first, and to break up the group In halls often mystic is not wanted because stasising makes things slower in clear runs BUT in a skip run mystics are very valuable to stasis the enemies to run past them.
    7 Conflict, the full ST set,Any of the UT staves if you really want them.

and like the ONE that isn’t is really triggering to face when there are bad mystics in the group
freaking murderous megamoth

1. Staff of the cosmic whole, there almost is no reason to use almost any other UT staff
  2. T6 is fine, but I’ve heard that using a t2/t3 is better at times
  3. no clue
  4. Use gsorc, no point in risking 12 life while getting used to a class
  5. I suggest Exa HP, just for starters though (Same reason as using gsorc)
  6. Once you are a good mystic player you will be welcomed in both LH and Shatts discords, so if you like feeling like you’re doing something, I suggest doing discord runs.
  7. The ST orb is good for DPS (It costs about 2 life/drops from buffed liches), also do all the Skull Shrines you can for even better DPS using the orb of conflict
    (This was all written by a bad mystic player, so I mostly got this from observation and little to no gameplay)

dont play mystic

All it has over T6 is a longer Berserk.
However, Planefetter has the capability to outlast the Berserk (with better Berserk time/MP!), and add Curse on top of that - which is way better than the meager 1 dexterity the Bearer gives.
Or…gave? I can’t remember set boni…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.