"Hide Details" Formatting Error

[details=If you hide a poll in one of these, it works in the preview but not in the actual post.][poll]

• Ah, how puzzling
  • hm, quite the conundrum
    [/poll][/details]

Edit: weeeeeell, as you can see, it worked, I’ll trouble shoot a bit, and post a link to my post where the bug occured.

Breaking "Hide Detail" Tag

[details=I can’ bold this text anymore, somehow it worked in my one post.][poll]

• a
  • b
    [/poll][/details]

Okay so you have to put text before it

[details=before it will bold the title (or whatever you want to call it).][poll]

• a
  • c
    [/poll][/details]

It appears that if you bold the title or whatever it’s called, it won’t hide the poll

**Let's see if it'll hide regular text.**

guess not

What about

*Italics?*

nope

@moderators

Edit: @Doc

This is caused by issues that can arise by mixing markdown syntax within other plugin based markdown. Nested parsing tends to get a little glitchy.

Due to the order in which the markdown is processed and the plugins pick up their own syntax not being universal, your best bet for mixing formatting with more feature based markdown (like details and polls) would be to use HTML inside the tags:

<strong>Bold text</strong>

Something hidden

Source: [details=<strong>Bold text</strong>]Something hidden[/details]

As for previews, they’re not always faithful to the end post as I found while testing which attributes and tags are kept. For example, markdown tends to break when you start using it inside HTML tables.

Just a heads up: @moderators Doesn’t work at the moment.

Alright thanks!
Side note: how did you insert that line in your post?

Lines can be inserted with ---

The forum system uses Commonmark as the markdown spec. You can check out the rest of the formatting options available here: http://commonmark.org/help/

<strong>So apparently</strong>

<strong> works for hidden text

[details=but not hidden polls][poll]

• a
  • b
    [/poll][/details]

Edit: uuuuhg, what the hell, when I used <strong> in my original post, the poll still wasn’t hidden

I would honestly be fine if they just disabled trading in realms. Yeah it would be less than ideal, but worth it to fix what I'm assuming is the most common duping method.
[details=<strong>Agree?</strong>][poll]
* Yes
* No
[/poll][/details]

Edit: huh, the in preview the poll is hidden...

I would honestly be fine if they just disabled trading in realms. Yeah it would be less than ideal, but worth it to fix what I’m assuming is the most common duping method.

<strong>Agree?</strong> [poll]
  • Yes
  • No
[/] [poll]]

Edit: huh, the in preview the poll is hidden…

The [details] title attribute syntax doesn’t play well with most things I found but it seems that having to process additional HTML in the title and another plugin in the content causes Discourse’s parser to close the summary early and pop all content out underneath.

I’d steer clear of formatting [details] headings when hiding polls for now and just introduce the collapsible section with the content above.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.