Hide of the Masochist

###Hide of the Masochist

Worn by a cult that takes pain as pleasure.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Cooldown: 0.5
  • Stat Bonus: +10 DEF
  • +2 ATT
  • Special properties: When hit by a damaging attack, chance to heal.
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 900
    Heal chance: Equal to the amount of damage taken after defense divided by 100.
    Heal amount: 25 HP

TL;DR, This is a hide armor that gives a chance to heal 25 HP that increases with the amount of damage you take from a given shot. The effect does have a half second cooldown, so tanking shotguns with this would not work particularly well. It has a reduced defense stat to compensate for the special property.SPRITE CREDS: @Voidhobo . Let me know thoughts or balancing ideas! Thanks.

Hm, looks pretty cool at first glance :slight_smile:

If it is an armor pierce shot that does 110 damage, it would then be 110/100, so it is guaranteed for a heal?

I feel like one of these needs a bit of a buff, whether it be +30-+40 HP or cooldown is 0.2 seconds as I feel other armors are much better in most situations as 20 HP per second won’t help in most late game dungeons.

Also where does it drop, and is it a white bag?

Yes, damage over 100 is a guaranteed heal. However, you’d still be taking over 80 damage anyway (net). Yeah, I wasn’t sure with the heal thing how to balance it.

Yes, it would be from a white bag. I don’t know where it would drop from though. I don’t currently have any dungeon ideas, nor do I feel that current dungeons and events are lacking.

How’s this? Too much?

I think this is much better! I mean think about it, 20 HP? When you are taking 100 Damage shots at least, and regenerating 20 HP, you are still taking a whopping 80 Damage. Now it is 60, which is so much better!
I was also thinking, maybe this can scale somehow with Wisdom? More Wisdom bigger heal?

I am going to be totally honest, I love this idea! It will give for example Archers and Huntresses so much more sustain! Great thinking :smiley:

is it just me or do i not know what class its for

“Leather Armor is used by Rogues, Archers, Assassins, Huntresses, Tricksters, and Ninjas to provide a moderate amount of defense” - Realmeye Wiki

the percent chance to heal is obserdly low. like getting hit with an 100dmg projectile gives you 1% chance to heal. It way to unpredictable and underpowered. Even if it was balanced someone would usually go with the def so they wont
1- get shot gunned to death
2- more consistency

Also the heal amount is weird, since the heal chance is a percentage of dmg, i also think the heal amount should be a percentage of dmg.

I think OP has just posted the wrong equation, as referenced:

Yes, damage over 100 is a guaranteed heal. However, you’d still be taking over 80 damage anyway (net). Yeah, I wasn’t sure with the heal thing how to balance it.

If damage over 100 is a guaranteed heal, then the proper equation should be:

EDIT: Equation is correct

Still lurkin around, hmm?

first time looking at ideas or anything game related for a few months

Here a sprite, not the best I’ve made but I tried to make it look like a cult robe with blood stains

that could mean so many things…
idk it seems interesting

Me: "What does “masochist” mean?
Google: "A person who derives sexual gratification from their own pain or humiliation."
Me: …

So…for this armor, what does Masochist mean? For me to make a sprite for ya, I need to know what that is.

what more do u need?

basically they like self pain, the best friend of the sadist. like torture sex would fall under masochism, or if you like the feeling when people beat or inflict harm onto you.

uhh pg13?

speaking of torture sex, an interesting sprite would be some kinky sex tool suit thing.

well maybe he wanted this to be worn by robe classes or something

Make it like a vampire perk. It would be cool if every successive hit healed for 1 Hp, maybe 2? Just try out that idea. It would make the ninja safer. Just an idea.

Sorry, there’s just a misunderstanding. What I meant to say is that the percentage is equal to (for example, if you were hit by 100 damage after defense) it would be 100/100, or 1. I messed up the wording a bit. The percentage is the damage you take.