Highlight posts with replies? (Idea)

Edit: Not sure how to title it. I did my best lol

Ok first, I don’t expect this thread to go very far.
Just a simple idea of what the forum does when someone replies to you. As we know, when someone replies and you get a notification, you can click on it and it will take you to the bottom of that thread, so you can read the reply. Also, if you scroll up in the thread to that post, you can see that the post has a reply.

However, I was in stalking realmeyers, and i replied to Willhuff, who had posted multiple times before I had replied to one of his posts. It was a little joke about what PrimeGrind said to me after I uploaded a snipped image of a part of my screen. The joke was that the cropping was suspicious. Wilhuff’s post that I replied to was also just a snip of his screen. after that, he had posted a full screen snip. He thought that my “suspicious cropping” reply was to his full screen post.

TL;DR
So that brings me to this idea: when someone replies to you and you click on the notification, it will bring you to the post with the reply, and the reply will be opened. reply that thing.
This way, you can see the reply and know what post it was from, to eliminate the possible confusion

Basically just a QoL thing that won’t be a huge deal, but will also be more of a convenience to those who post frequently in a thread, so they know which post the reply is to.
TL;DR too long
when someone replies to you, you can see which post they replied to and what their reply was

Stalking realmeyers

But sire.

Yes?

Click that

Is this what you meant?

so many landfish

Lmao thought you were going crazy at first ;)

Yeah what Jason has works.

If you were suggesting something else, you’re better off posting here since the forums runs off Discourse, and we can’t really change much here, especially with the techy mods (like BMJ) being dead.

On the notifications:
I believe the notification is able to show the difference between whether it’s your post directly replied to, or if you’ve been quoted in a reply aimed at another – in this one I’ve replied to Unicorn and quoted Triforcej.

What possibly might make it fail a little is if you are already watching or tracking the topic, since you’d automatically get notified of EVERY reply, so perhaps you won’t get the exact tailored notification because the general “5 replies” notification overrides it.

What notification(s) did you get from this post, Triforcej? A “you were quoted” one?
(Example from my notifications, with the specific “quoted” icon:)

(That quote notification was for this post which you can see wasn’t done as a reply to me.)

So I believe the forum does provide the info for us.

FWIW I understood at the time what you were saying in your post and to whom, though can see also how the confusion was caused as it is certainly a little bit subtle.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.