Honey Sceptre needs a buff

Well, we aren’t given a choice, when the one slowing sceptre also is the one with the best dmg output. :relaxed:

So many times I see it being said that “sorcerer is useless without fulmi”, meaning without slow powers. So to draw the sting (ahem) from that: put slow on an easier to find item.

I guess my schooling in the era where you didn’t “need” to farm only one location taints my view of this. In general I hate the idea of there being only one source for almost every UT causing repetition to farm your desired item. Seemingly Deca kind of acknowledges that, if their putting UTs in event chests is anything to go by.

I’m not a fan of how scepters are balanced either, but until the Sorcerer gets a complete overhaul, things need to be balanced with all scepters in mind. Unless you’re looking for easy SB in a train, the damage from scepters is rarely worth using. Fulmi is blatantly better in every possible way, most notably because it inflicts Slow. That’s the main draw, so it would be foolish to give the same effect to something as common as the Honey Scepter.

Actually sprites are much easier than Hive.

Well, I think honey scepter does need a buff because its counterpart, the orb is seemingly better than the scepter.

I agree with your point buuuuuut bone dagger is good af

Well fulmi costs 65 mp and the honey scepter costs 90

There are quite a few wrenches stuck on the progression of scepters already, but I get your point.

Fair enough; could we give the honey sceptre a few more targets then so the extra 25 dmg/mp actually goes somewhere though??

no they’re not.

sprite world tiles have a much greater and worse impact than the honey, which takes forever to make a noticeable difference anyway. furthermore Limon is far more dangerous than the queen bee, Limon is faster, more agressive, and more powerful than anything the queen can do. lastly, sprites have the dreaded native sprite god, which fires 4 100 damage bullets per attack, plus the quieting shot.

both dungeons are a joke to maxed players, but the sprite world is still far more difficult.

and there’s nothing wrong with that. if we made the Conducting wand as good a wand as Scepter of Fulmination is a scepter we would probably break the game. same thing goes for Crystal Sword and Crystal Wand, there will always be a “better” UT among those that share drop locations with another. just deal with it.

Yes, the Hive is a walkover compared to Sprite. You stand still long enough you can take a lot of damage but that’s true also of the Snake Pit.

As for Honey Sceptre having used it a couple of times it really is underpowered. Good perhaps for a new char with a decent pet, so you can just spam it to kill everything around you and quickly level. But way too underpowered for e.g. gods and mobs with serious amounts of HP. Nothing obvious that can be done though; adding any status effect would make it OP, and Fulmi already has the most obvious one, slow.

Wait how is sprite harder than hive?

I legit cannot do hives at all.

Also

I can’t do snek pits either.

…what does hive have that sprite doesn’t that makes it so hard? I did one with a level 17 ninja once and it wasn’t that bad. I don’t understand your problem.

For poison fang, why don’t we just give it the shoot-faster buff from Obsidian Dagger while making Obsidian dagger normal?

It would make Poison Fang legit, while Obby fits miore as a tiered dagger.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.