Horrible Disconnect Issues in Katalund?

This is a recent problem that I didn’t have until now, it just suddenly started happening. I started getting randomly booted to my character select screen when trying to complete Katalund. It got worse and worse, and now I can’t even make it to first boss to at least collect 1 fragment.

This is very frustrating as I have no idea what the cause is, and I can’t collect yellow fragments anymore (I have 65/75). I do not have this issue in any other dungeon.

Disconnection Katalund 2 (at steam)
MotMG 2019 Discussion Megathread

Literally Patch notes: Players will experience disconnects in Katalund using Chrome, Use Flash Projector/Firefox.

@moderators close

1. I play on Steam
  2. I completed dozens of them in the previous weeks, this is a sudden problem that came out of nowhere

I get frequent dcs in Katalund and I use flash

Please refrain from tagging the moderators unless the situation truly, honestly, calls for it. Even if OP was using Chrome, the thread could have served as a valuable discussion point. This is compounded by the category it is assigned under, #academy.

The moderators are busy individuals, and improper usage of their services can deny threads that would otherwise fall into disparity, their attention.

I’ve experienced the same thing on flashplayer. Super annoying

Notice the word “recent”, which probably means long after the patch note.

Imagine bringing up patch notes after not reading the post itself lol

I would guess it’s because the dungeon spams the PlaceMap behavior to simulate the movement of the gas. PlaceMap has had issues with people dc-ing in the past (void dc when the platform splits), although it’s supposedly been fixed already (sort of like the davy key indicator not going away, it was “fixed” like 3 times iirc).

unfortunately there’s nothing you can do about it if that’s the case. maybe try waiting a few days? you’ve still got plenty of time left if you only need 10 more tokens.

I 100% agree with chennitoa being a jumpy little spaz over this, but that’s a little overdramatic yes? this isn’t a particularly active forum, and there’s 5 of us capable of thread-closing.

I would say the problem isn’t that it distracts mods/leaders from areas of higher importance (a thread close takes like 5-10 seconds), the problem is that needlessly jumping on people’s threads trying to get a mod to shut them down is most unkind, and can create the impression we don’t actually like people talking. unless they’re especially unpleasant, people speaking up more often is better.

Nah man I’ve been very busy, hard at work.

743/24 = 30.95 days… not actually that bad.

[Till you look up the release date - Shatter]

Holy… Feb 26, 2019 so around 5 months meaning 1/5 of you’re time since release date…

Occurs to me on flash usually when transitioning between air and non-air

I dc’ed, and im on steam.

maybe it’s just my garbo internet tho

Haven’t you’ve done this before? Only OP should request a topic close

No it happens to everyone

Also disconnecting on Katalund, playing on steam tho.
Happens mostly when there’s more than 2 portals after the event dungeon ends and right after the first purple titan dude.
Managed to finish one today with a group of 10-15 (so a single portal).

Well i’m having problem on katalund portal but on steam they recommend using firefox or flash projector but as i will do that if my main account is on steam i somehow researched how to play flash or fire using steam account but The method is not working anymore, so does anyone know how I can play with my steam account on fire or flash? (sorry for my english, I’m brazilian)

There is no way to play your steam account on anything besides steam. If it makes you feel any better, I play on flash and get Dc’d in katalunds. (Or maybe that’ll just make you feel worse :no_mouth:)
Since Firefox is a gigantic no for me due to the right-click glitch, I am forced to miss out on any chance at getting Katalund loot and more importantly, the fragments for the core. I hope there is some sort of fix coming up for this…

Add me on steam bro, talvez eu possa ajudar.

I feel you :c
I also dc for no reason and I want the tshot reskin from it aaaaa

The bug is truly annoying, i disconnect in Katalund too and i play on Flash, heck, if i’m the first one to enter the portal i get dc’d instantly. I gave up on trying to get the Entropy Reactor.

I wonder why Deca hasn’t fixed that bug yet since it’s in the game since Void was released, it also occurs on Forax, Nikao and Shaitan (not from the lava he spits).