How do I enjoy the MBC fight? What am I doing wrong?

Ok from what I gathered after vital combat mbc is a really big problem people are dying left to right.
It mostly came down to how mbc was poorly design with vital combat, that it what we know but what about cult and void?

I can only guess that void maybe even worse, and cult is fine?

During vc testing, where vc was even more punishing, I soloed cult as a mystic using only cult staff, yeah it’s fine

Except from that one place in the lab, make it exclusive to there

This is only part of it. I would also bring up halls discords and easy organized runs as the reason. Many of us (including me) are not familiar with all the shot patterns of mbc, because most of the time, we could just tank it and be fine because of an overwhelming amount of heals.
Yes, vital combat is a huge part, but let’s not forget that discord servers are equally as important, even though it is realistically the only way to get to teh endgame

its not that it was poorly designed, it was the way people fought him. before vital combat people would follow keys and mbc cuz they could tank. now they cant and runs have changed so that you are in top right most of the time

i did a void after vital combat, it took a lot longer but that is mostly due to hp scaling. its pretty much the same fight

honestly i agree, i never liked the fight before outside of doing it in big groups but it was understandable why it was like that, but now with vital combat its nearly impossible to dodge everything, and the fight becomes more of a never ending chore of "gotta make sure to kill all nearby towers again so i have any remote shot to hit mbc and to have mild peace for the next 30 seconds. I was hoping they would remove the status spam puke all together but i guess not.
Its stupid that literally EVERY single projectile in mbc sends you into combat even as a knight with almost 80+ def

Ideally like i said i would just remove the status spam alltogether but a QoL feature that i think would make the fight x10 more bearable without changing it too much would be to have the towers only spawn ONCE for every phase, this would mean you actually get rewarded for dealing with them by making the arena cleaner instead of just having your time wasted because you know its gonna respawn in less than a minute so why even bother.

I very much get what you mean, it is also the other reason why people are dying.

If Deca does decide to make every dungeon hp scaling the same as o3, then guild runs will probally be more relevent. While discord servers will be really good for casual players. Guild runs could also really be like the new “discord”. I’m mostly thinking that guilds (idk black bullet and h?) would really make profit becuase of the hp scaling Deca is maybe going to apply.

o3 hp scaling to every dungeon=
Bigger groups may have a harder time
Smaller guild like runs will make profit.

Huge vomit of 150+ damage shots spewing constantly from every part of the room. To the point where the only dodge locations are often not in the room at all. It’s similar to me!

I’ve actually heard that survival is easier if u push up but I very much doubt that. I’ll have to try taht next time

It’s true, and makes perfect sense if you think about it! If your are against the wall, you only are moving in one dimension, and you are likely very close to the tentacles that block one way. Pushed forward a couple tiles, the density of the shots is basically the same, but now you can move in two dimensions.

Update: I ran over 50 MBCs. There is no way to enjoy it.

My final haul is a loot drop potion and some pots from 30 hours of gameplay; I want to die.

Thats because drop rates are much lower than they (imo) should be for an endgame dungeon, because they were balanced for the steamrolling meta, so having drop rates suitable for intended difficulty would be too common, when it was made much easier than intended difficulty.

but it’s hard now

yes.
They did say they buffed drop rates, but I still doubt that it is suitable for the new difficulty

Edit: read Seelpit’s comment below.

I am obviously biased against them for not getting loot after so much effort, but knowing Deca: they probably increased the droprates by an amount that won’t make a significant difference for any realistic n value for runs. Like, from 0.008 to 0.0085.

I’m not actually allowed to leak anyfin, but I can assure you that all the drop rate changes were well above that type of increase. Like, we’re talking over 4% increases here, with MGM specifically getting some massive boosts (we’re talking integer mults here)

Really? That is very cool; thanks for clearing that up. I guess I just had some real horrid luck.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.