How do I pull sprites from the Game?

Hi there,

I’ve recently started updating the RealmEye wiki and was wondering how to get sprites that are in prod and having the black outline around as its like in game.

For example I would like to be able to fetch the sprites you have to defeat before the UFO spawns inside the realm.

Thanks in advanced !

That’s helpful

note: the shadows aren’t gonna be the same as the game

edit: Static.drips is ded about updated sprites with outlines, So you’ll need to make your own image file

Realmeye wiki has pretty much every sprite you’ll need. Just reference those…

@Poshun might be able to explain the procedure of turning 8x8’s into the games 40x40 for Realmeye, if he’s around on the forum

Look up JPEX Flash decompiler for the sprite, as for the outline…no clue

As someone else pointed out, Static Drips (current build’s sprites) is an easy way to grab in-game sprites (could change once we switch to Unity).

As for the outlines, I myself use Paint.NET + plugins to generate an outline with a shadow around it. I go over it in my old video (timestamped). Basically you take the tiny 8x8/16x16 sprite, increase canvas size so there is space around it, then scale it up by the desired amount (400%, 500%, etc) and lastly you apply the outline effects.

I might make a new video about just this process alone though, since multiple people want to know how to do it and I cant blame them for not wanting to sit through my dated crap lol

Edit: Made a video on what I just wrote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xab6NDG6YcY

tfw you wanted to answer the original question but someone takes the cake for you, and does it better…

Anyway, exactly as it stated. It’s what I use as well.

Thanks really appreciate this.

Straight to the point and is explained well.

New video is unavailable :frowning:

Just checked and can back this up, any chance you can re-upload it.

Oops my bad guys, I meant to unlist it instead of privating it, try it again

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.