How do I run the official client?

Oh, I see it now! What do I even do now? Like I said, the orignial client doesnt load.

[Split this topic to move into Tech Support for advice on how to run the official client. -Nevov]

Discussion about hacked client shadows in a certain picture

You put this link in Flash Projector: https://realmofthemadgod.com/client

I believe https://www.realmeye.com/appspot works as well for the projector.

I have about 600 ping there…
Already tried it multiple times

You could try connecting to the internet via ethernet. Or, it might be that your computer is slow (some are better at Realm than others).

I’m not too great at tech support; when someone with more experience shows up, they can help you.

Im currently using a MacBook Pro, it doesnt have an ethernet port and I already have to use a VPN to play at all.
Thanks for trying!

Make sure you have all the lag busting settings in Experimental turned on.

Yes, yes. I see. I rescinded my former statement. Leave me alone lol

It means exactly what it means- invalidate the comment defending you. You are clearly using a hacked client.
Although (personally) I find the use of hacked clients for anti-lag purposes ONLY, they are often not used in that manner. Thus, I condemn all users of hacked clients, for whatever reason. Also, there’s that pretty important bit in the ToS about “not using non-official clients”. yikes.

@DosVapes If you truly intend to get off that client, and need ethernet, I can help a bit.
Take a look at the left side of your Macbook pro, with the hinge facing away from you. If you see more than 2 ports, it means you have a 2013-2015 model. If you only 2 small, thin ports, it means you have a 2016-2019 model.
If you have a 2013-2015 model, please search for a thunderbolt 2 to ethernet cable online and purchase it, or you could choose to buy a USB to Ethernet cable that’s compatible with macs. Either way works. If you have a 2016-2018 macbook, search for a USBC to Ethernet cable.
Hope this helps.

.exe^2

No amount of tech support could give him an ethernet port when his laptop doesn’t physically have one lol (This is a bit of a joke-I know that there could be other solutions than giving him an ethernet port).

I’m not in the positions to being able to buy an “ethernet to USBC” cable. I love this game, but my surroundings do not permit much as rotMG is already blocked (this fourm is too) so I have to use a VPN (I literally searched for an hour for one that works because the firewall/blocking service is actually a good one). So I can not buy something in that’s nature is suspicious (I have a lot of cash, but no currency that can be spent online).
I have heard that the anti lag features are nice, but that alone would not justify me using a hacked client as most people would still murder me for touching a hacked client. I do like the thought of actually being able to do laggy dungeons and events (I still disconnect from about a third of all dungeons), too bad Deca hasn’t implemented something similar to the “official” client.
I would love to get off the separate client (it doesn’t actually support/have hacks, there’s no option to turn them on or off) that I’m using right now, but the only alternative is starting over on Steam, playing with 600 ping, or a hacked client.
But to be honest, when Unity comes, I’m probably going to have to quit for various reasons.

Do you literally live in China or something?

I actually lived there for about half, but my parents are Chinese and very anti video game and social networking. Im in the US right now, but their still uber strict.

Ah, so your parents are the cause. Very well.

More or less, but the official client’s loading error shouldn’t be caused by them…

Damn playing in secret, wonder what your parents would do if they caught you.

It could just be the vpn you are using. Depending on where it is will increase your ping and or make the game unloadable.

Is there a VPN (for Mac) thats you would recommend thats free?

No. A good VPN is going to cost. You likely need to figure out another way to get past whatever restrictions your parents have placed on your internet / computer if you want to play with less ping.

You could also try to have a reasonable conversation with your parents about expectations and where you are coming from as well as having a schedule for playing and requirements such as grades and extracurricular activities met.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.