How do I stop dying/lagging in Lost Halls?

I’m frustrated. I’ve died to Marble Colossus two times already, today.( I’ve heard some other guy died 8 times with UTs, STs, and other valuable stuff in lost halls; that obviously does not make me any happier). Meanwhile, more experienced people in lost halls are getting whites left and right and actually survive all of MBC’s phases without nexusing. I have 70 heal/70 mheal pet; so it’s not that great for surviving end-game dungeons. And before you ask me to fuse pets, I don’t have many pots to buy eggs to fuse yet( that takes time away from the MOTMG event.

I already had trouble loading pub lost halls discord(my computer specs suck, weak cpu). Also I had rotmg and discord open in same web browser(firefox), so discord makes my game slow down. My rotmg game and discord both froze for quite a while.

I play on kongregate, and I can’t transfer it to flash player right now( not possible I think).

I’m not asking for pity, as I know people don’t care about another person whining about their deaths. I just want solutions to actually survive mbc and get loot from the event.

I’m not really pissed for the wizard, since I didn’t keep lots of STs or UTs or a lot of valuble stuff on there.

I’m more pissed off that my characters are dropping in lost halls and dying like flies.

This is my first time actually getting to mbc in lost halls and surviving longer than 1 second after mbc(lost halls v 2.0).
I’ve actually been to lost halls v1 and never got to the phase where mbc passed two different phases.

Characters that died: Wizard and Mystic(both maxed 6/8).

I immediately used my ST mystic set( phylactery,etc.; I know I was dumb and instantly lost it to MBC as soon as he shot the tentacles) after I died on my wizard. I used maxed stat candies: max atk, max def, max dex, max spd, max wis, max vit. I know, I was impulsive; I just want MBC loot, especially during the MBC event.

I wasted so much and I risked so much for so little. It took me months to actually get the ST mystic set( farming dungeons that drop life and then using that life to buy it: OT(rare for the same reason I don’t often do tomb), Tomb(but I rarely farm for tomb, unless there’s an event at bottom of nexus))

I’m not willing to risk so much, so I restricted the classes I would bring to Lost Halls as characters that didn’t have jugg, much STs, or UTs.

Also, for discord, I made a temporary e-mail for it and I forgot the password, so I can’t log on to my discord account verified for pub lost halls on my mobile phone and reduce lag. I mean reduce lag as in having discord on my phone and realm on my PC.

And there are 100+people in discord lost halls; worst combination of lag.

And if I have to, should I just ignore the Lost Halls? I’m really desperate for white bags and life pots.
I’ve heard lost halls is the best place to get mana, life, higher tiered tops,etc.

MotMG 2019 Discussion Megathread

I play on Kong, and I transferred to flash projector 2 days ago.

If you can’t do that, I would recommend what I used to do for MBC: during the 'YOU WILL COME WITH ME" phase, I had to stay away from the group and survive the entire phase on my own.

How do you transfer? Ask Deca?

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/using-the-adobe-flash-projector

Thanks, I guess I do ask Deca’s support center.

And actually, I did try to move away from group during tentacle phase. I lagged into tentacle and that’s how I died. I just hate when there’s a delay between me moving and the projectiles hitting me.

Discord is a very important tool, if you cant use it you might not be able to finish any mbc/void
Definitely use a melee until you understand the phases. This may seem backwards, but it gives you the ability to tank very well. I only die on my melees in mbc when i get really tired or if i lag really hard (even on 1/8 att). If you want to join runs to learn phases at first with pub halls, i recommend knight because they are tanky even with low tier gear. And it only costs a few att to meet the requirements, so by the time yours dies you can probably max a new one with your loot.

I doubt even melees will be able to tank( I have a shitty pet) and crappy computer. Also, i think MBC deals 300 damage shot for the tentacle phase. that’s what killed me for both the wizard and mystic,

300 damage | 3 tiles per second | 18.6 range | Pierces through players

So not even knight will be able to tank 300 damage tentacles.

And sure, I guess I’ll try it with the knight tomorrow.

thanks.

With an MSeal, any class can cross tentacles. It’s a little scary, but it’s possible.

Realistically with lag, the best thing you could do is probably switch onto flash player. I’m not sure how it would work with Kongregate, but I imagine that it should be pretty straightforward.

It really isn’t straightfoward, especially when the instructions call for extra steps, which happen to be jumbled all over the place on the guide.

I only have a 77/62 pet so im not too far off from you. The tentacle part really is bad for lag. Thats and drivebyes from the status inflicting rocks are what usually kill me, the rest of the shots are weak enough where i can be healed sufficiently by my pet. If your trouble is with tentacles, i would try to stay further up so that you can see the direction changes sooner, allowing you to get into position. Maybe max speed as well

btw, i have a 70/65 h/mh so im on the same boat as you in terms of pets. i also get low fps when in a place with many people

Honestly if you want to run lh at this rate with the event, just bring a 1/8 knight and litter your inv with hp pots. Just buy old tops(probably around 4 def in total or less) and knight doesnt take long to max att or dex, if you still decide to run lh. If you want a smooth experience try to run lh after the event but that defeats the purpose of trying to do the event. Yes like @Wilhuff posted, if you attempt the guide its probably 15 minutes of your time which is worth it. Yes, I struggle like you but if get flash you will see a major difference in fps and won’t slide what not.

Just saying, Deca won’t transfer your account due to “security reasons” , I say this because I’ve asked them 10 times.

Do you have ally projectiles off? That could help if not.

Definitely do this if you haven’t! Turn off everything you possibly can. I used to lag terribly in halls and now I’m totally fine.

Truth be told, there are countless things you can fiddle with in the Options section to reduce lag.

I fiddled with every setting to reduce lag possible.

It’s either that discord is not optimized to work with rotmg in the same web browser, or that rotmg is not optimized very well, or both.

If you search in a search engine about discord issues, one result that pops up is discord crashing or freezing or making the game lag hard.

I almost always use Discord with RotMG on the same browser, and it doesn’t effect the game all too much, though it might cause a teensy bit of lag.

Interesting. If you think Discord is the problem, maybe just not use it at all? Either that, or you could do Discord on a phone or another device. If the VC is a must, you could listen to the second device while playing.

TBH I’m just making up solutions. :sweat_smile:

Don’t use discord on browser. (Or rotmg for that matter, but you’ve addressed why you play rotmg on browser)