How do you know whether there is a troom in an abby (without clearing the dungeon)?

Is there certain patterns in the spawn room or something?

No, however theres a way to know if theres any more trooms once you clear one. if the floor to the troom boss doesnt turn back to normal walkable ground, theres another troom.

Procedurally generated dungeon

No, but adding to FapFireEz’s point, even if the lava does despawn, there is a still another possible troom.

As far as I know the dungeons aren’t technically procedurally generated, just chosen out of a pool of pre-generated layouts.
If this is the case it is possible to know the layout of the entire dungeon from the starting room alone, or at least the first few rooms, although depending on the size of this pool it might be a bit hard to put into practice.

So the answer is currently no, but if you do a lot of abysses maybe it would be worth your time to screenshot the map whenever you find a troom, and if the pool is small enough you might come across the same ones again and know where everything is.

You can’t. You can see if there are more trooms after the first, but you can’t tell whether or not there’s a troom.

I wish this was true but the abysses are randomly generated since it does not take a lot of effort for the servers (yes DECA’s servers) to make them with RNG.

Fair enough, wasn’t completely sure about that anyways.
I swear I have seen it mentioned multiple times around the forums tho.

Its possible its changed but I’m pretty sure its been this way for years.

No, it’s random. Every time you do it it’s different; if they were pre-generated like the world maps then you would quickly start seeing repeats. Also there are occasional disasters (no side paths, boss rooms next to start in some dungeons due to paths crossing) which would be filtered out of pre-generated map lists.

I suspect the number of variations might be finite. E.g. a typical random number is between 1 and 4 billion (2 ^ 32), and if it uses that as a seed then there are at most 4 billion possible maps – maybe less if it uses a smaller number. It’s still a large enough number though that maps seem never to repeat.

They are most likely procedurally generated, since Deca recently changed the length to get to the boss in a few dungeons.

"Dungeon Generation

We adjusted the length and generation of a few dungeons, most notably Abyss of Demons and Toxic Sewers length has been decreased and the chance for Abyss Idols and Golden Rats has been increased. "

I doubt they would take the time to change all maps in a possible pool just for that to be added. And since Sewers is pretty new, I think theres no way they would have the time to already change the Sewer Map layouts.

Source of the lowered length. https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/6qx5uz/patch_x160_month_of_the_mad_god_lost_halls/

There was a time I remember that there was an abyss where I did a troom then the lava despawned. Then we found another troom.

Don’t drive yourself nuts looking for a pattern.

I have updated my Abyss troom tutorial in Bluenoser’s RotMG guide. (will be updated soon) Hope this helps some.

https://i.imgur.com/Flgp4ry.png

It’s possible. But the lava only stays if another troom is “close by”

@TSPage there’s more to it!
Because there can be 0, 1, 2, 3 or more trooms in a dungeon, there’s nothing to dictate or separate the instance of a second troom to a first. If the two trooms are rendered close enough, then because the lava path despawn function for the first room is trying to be applied before the actual path spawn function for the second room, the lava won’t despawn.
At least, I think. Please don’t flame me if I’m incorrect, but I mean that’s usually how systems of simpler random number sets work… or maybe i’m dumb…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.