How does a class without speedy deal with the O3 phase 'Melt before my fury'?

This is the phase in which Oryx jumps to a close player three times and does a huge burst of bullets. It’s literally undodgeable if you happen to be close, and is a certain Nexus if O3 jumps next to you. How do I deal with this if I’m not on a trickster or speedy class?

What is the expected procedure for this phase? In my experience, simply staying far away beforehand does not necessarily work.

From my own experience, it’s about reacting to Oryx’ charge and moving away from him at the same time; keep track of the text and sprite indicator, as well as the nearest player (if you’ve at least got their visibility enabled).
Then, you’ll have to weave through the inbound radial attacks, though you can likely tank 1 of them.

The Exalted variant of the attack is much nastier, and I really don’t have any extra tips on that, unfortunately.

It’s actually the exalted version I am having problems with! The normal one happens at what seems to be a more bearable speed. Going through O3 solo videos, I notice that most are sdne by warriors and use speedy to escape. Other class solos use a combination of running and getting lucky with the distance. Just not sure what to do in the ‘checkmate’ situation where you just get unlucky and can’t help but be jumped next to.

Speed sprouts, snake eye ring, that’s all I got

I think the best you can try to do is to always, always keep moving, and try to somehow move in coordination with your group to keep O3’s aggro consistent.
Alternatively, abuse decoys!

Yeah pretty much what seelpit said, if you’re not on a speedy class you basically need to never stop rotating around avoiding shots and watching the text/cues for which phase is coming next. Get really good at predicting what phase comes next, start rotating before he starts moving, also sometimes you need to tank a shot, learn to tank the shots that don’t do as much damage like towers or pet stasis instead of one of the big bullets from oryx.

You can’t really do much. Either you are already well positioned and he is nowhere near you, or you get pushed into a wall/get unlucky with portal and heaven placement and get checkmated. That phase is full of checkmates just like the fleeing is futile phase

At around 1:55, minus the eping part.

If you’re near a wall, you have to rotate around to avoid the shots.

Its also important to note that you shouldn’t greed damage as hard as I did here, it’s perfectly ok to back away and dodge.

Around 1:45, its a better example of how to survive

To actually dodge the shots themselves, you have to move right and left as they alternate. He also only travels in a straight line, doing 3 jumps. If he jumped in your direction, try moving in the opposite. Every class can use a snake eye ring for a burst of speedy if they have to escape from a really bad situation. If you’re totally cornered it’s usually a better idea to nexus. The minimap and quest indicator help to find what direction Oryx is moving and where he is at

Thanks @CandyShi, those helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. I need to do a better job at making sure O3 is constantly in the off-center direction so I can run beforehand.

candy you got so lucky at 1:59 bro on the first vid

that was intentional, it’s safe to ep melt for damage if u know what ur doing.

wasnt talkin about eping, if u had backed up earlier you would’ve been hit by o3 and beams. you said urself that you shouldnt greed damage like how you did, so ur lucky u didn’t listen to urself lol

yeah what it looks like is you have to face Oryx head on to dodge in this phase. most people who die in Fury usually run like parallel to him and get nooked by 2 or 3 projectiles, alongside a Pet Stasis or two, which is easily death for most characters, but if you face him you just need to move left and right which is manageable.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.