How does realmeye know?

I’ve been wondering this for a long time, and I am sure many others have too. If realmeye is a third party website, then how can it tell HOW and WHEN and WHAT killed you in a solo dungeon? If it communicates with the game code, then how does it not know your inv / vault, and how can you fool it by deleting your character on the select screen? Realmeye’s foruma is great, but it should be able to be extended.

Packets.
Notifiers use the same concept

What are packets?

Some of the game’s info is and has always been public, and some of it is kept private between the player and the server.

Vaults info isn’t public, and neither are alive-character achievements. This is why RealmEye can’t display these. Basically RealmEye displays every bit of info that the game broadcasts in public because they have bots in every server reading all the info being transmitted “in the open”.

Some info is easy to understand - such as your player name, character type, equipment, because if the game didn’t transmit this data our characters wouldn’t appear correctly on each others game. My game would have no way to know that you are a level 15 paladin wearing Dscale armour if that info wasn’t public.

The original devs chose to make dead character info (graveyard info) also public, so that’s why RealmEye can display it. If you know a player’s accountID you can directly access the info. There is an example using the player PallyKing (accountID 5897605475467264) within the below post:

Everything else just is displaying the info in a nice format on the RealmEye website to make it understandable, with graphics instead of just the raw data.

It knows because the magical and mysterious MrEyeball sees all…

is there any documentation on those links or about account ids and such?

I guess the WS forums would have been a mine of information, but alas, RIP.

How does he know if I’m in my vault?

What does that mean?

When you go to say, a vault, the game transmits packets which Realmeye’s bots pick up from the servers

So from what the other commets are saying…hacks?

Hacks are outside the game’s normal intentions, the game intends to send packets, so its not hacking. The closest it is is an exploit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.