How does this scam work and what is it called?

This guy said he can give me a free unbound health ring. Then he gave me cheap junk to fill up my inventory, and told me to pick up a dropped item as fast as possible. I didn’t do it because I knew it was a scam.

Never heard of it, probably just trying to take advantage of you being a blue star. Remember, high value items that get dropped can only be picked back up again by whoever dropped it.

it doesn’t work anymore

which video did you get this from?

It happened a few years ago.

so it doesn’t really matter.
please, next time you have a question, just ask in the general chat thread.

It’s when some guy pretends he can “dupe”, gives you a full inventory and tells you not to wear a backpack, and if you do have a backpack you fill that up too. He then tells you to drop desired item and he trades you another item to fill up your inventory, and will tell you to pick up desired item on floor as fast as possible. Obviously, you can’t pick it up, so you end up being confused and he comes over and snatches your item.

really?
I always thought that it used to be when your inventory was full and you double clicked on an item, it would replace it with the item you’re wearing right now if you could wear it. This is the reason why they usually tell you to double clicked

i’m pretty sure a long time ago if you double clicked with a full inv you would equip that over your bow in your inv or in your slot or something i say that because i saw it happen with a cbow.

this kid is going to town asking all these questions lol

true dat

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.