How have you impacted the game?

through selling T0 Shields, I have gotten 9 skins and several dozen allies

I don’t now if DECA already had this in mind, but I posted a rant about Nest Event being a mandatory thing to close realm, and DECA made it optional. :open_mouth:

I impacted the game by saying that I was giving out t6, rings, and people thought I was giving out t6 rings but I was giving out random t6 stuff and t1 rings.

When I called out lab, I wonder why nobody came? :confused::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

i was introduced to the game with my friend

maybe 5-10

only 1 out of those 5-10

idk i opened keys for guild sometimes and i gave pots out but i didnt do anything Xtreme

eyy old guild leader

Maybe one or two, I’ve let people play 0/8’s when I’ve happened to have my computer open and they walk past.

No one really. My friends really like to push things on people. But it the end its not my choice whether someone enjoys a piece of entertainment. Be it a piece of media, or a game.

I like to think I’m active in the community. I don’t know if I’m bringing the value of our community up or down, but thats not something to discuss here. Some things I have done and continue to do in the community follow.

• The Ideas Discord: I help moderate the ideas discord server. I guess you could say I got the ball rolling when it comes to the server. Even though it may now be accurate to call it The Sprites Server, it has grow significantly and it is definitely something a lot of people here should come take a look at, as there are some truely great ideas. There is also a sprite contest happening.

• Foruming / Discording: Through the forums and through Discord I’ve seen, and spoken to, a lot of people. They sometimes pop up and say hello in the realm too which is always nice. I would like to think I have influenced a couple people here with things I’ve done, and things I have said. I like to make things, so I have a couple art threads and things which people people seemed to like.

• Tools and Programs: I like programming and computer stuff, so I try and stay up to date on those kinds of things which are happening. I really doubt I’ve had much influence on any of these programs however, except ones I have made myself. I did however do a little restyling to Muledump, which may look different in future.

Believe it or not, this did happen.

Back a while ago during the Wildshadow days, I was in a semi-filled guild. I loved these guys because they would open WCs and tombs as common as it is now (back when incs were in white bags and wine cellars were mostly private.) I asked how they had all these items constantly, and it was because of duping. Another member said he pretty much crashed the RWT market by selling Amulets of Ressurection for pennies on the dollar. So one day, we find the Youtube video explaining how its done. Ofcourse, we used it for ourselves for a bit, only to realize what would happen if we leaked it to the public. So, we made some bots to spam the Youtube URL, while we went about duping tops and UTs to sell for pure life. Once it gained traction, everything in the game went to shit. The loading screens, the throttles, and soon putting Wildshadow to its knees knowing the core of its game was destroyed.

Ever since that day, ROTMG has been in steady decline of the small online game into a cookie-cutter microtransaction machine. It was never the same.

I’m sure the statute of limitations applies here after having about 2 or 3 TOS changes, but still, sometimes I’d want to go back and change it, wonder if we’d still have Wildshadow.

WildShadow wanted to move on regardless of the problems the game had at the time. I don’t think any “timeline” of events would have kept them here forever. In fact, I’d wager that RotMG has experienced one of the best outcomes possible. It’s had its dips for sure, most notably in the late Kabam era, but it has miraculously cheated death at least twice now and is once again growing. I’d say things have turned out pretty well in the end, all things considered.

I have tried to introduce many people to this game, but most of them don’t even bother. I have successfully made a couple of people play tho, like my brother who went on to become way better than me in a real short amount of time.

A couple of my online friends stopped playing for a while, but I got them to play again. Not sure I would say I inspired them to keep playing, it’s more like I bothered them about it until they finally gave in.

While I have helped individual players with gear and tips I don’t think I have had any impact on the community as a whole. Maybe my forum posts and occasional streams have done some good.

2, but they both quit because it’s too hard for them.

I keep my best friend from leaving, so that’s something.

I’ve made a couple of memes on reddit, if that counts for anything.

Technically the game did that itself, but 2.

Cancerous behavior that I mask by giving away various items that have no value to me and pass it off as a good deed.

1 or 2

Does increased "FUCK YOU CANDY"s make the community interesting?

Yes, yes it does.

Game would be the same without me, brought plenty of new players in and got a lot of people to stay but all in all the game would be in the same position.

Pretty sure there’s a feature in the game from my suggestion but I can’t even remember what it was.

The Good

• convinced Realmeye to create a wiki
  • badgered them about creating a forum, but they were convinced by someone else
  • somewhat responsible for attack being added to the manor of the immortals
  • I argued incessantly for the things that now appear in the experimental menu. Kabam didn’t really listen, but I like to pretend I had something to do with it.
  • I may have averted at least two major dupe outbreaks, one security breach, and one fame exploit

The Bad

• Do you remember the golden archer package? That was my idea. Of course, I recommended the whole set cost 500 gold as an alternative to selling items in the nexus, but whatever.
  • Notifiers - also my idea. It was a horrible idea, and I didn’t do anything to pursue it, but the parties responsible for the original notifier site may have overheard the conversation. The first notifier service came out a month later.

I can’t recall anything else significant. In balance, I’ll never forgive myself.

Bees

I’m recognized as the most toxic person on forums so yea

I’m glad to see people like you making the game a much better place for all <3

i started the low effort memes thing on the subreddit

Probably nothing. Maybe giving free itenz to noobs and my friends online or merching.